Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Drill hole in glass globe

I would like to drill holes into a glass globe.

The reason is because it contains a CFL bulb which does not tolerate high heat levels.

What are my options.

Thanks,

Andy
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
Andy wrote:
I would like to drill holes into a glass globe.

The reason is because it contains a CFL bulb which does not tolerate
high heat levels.

What are my options.

Replace the glas globe with a plastic globe and drill as many holes
in that as you want. At least that's what I ended up doing to solve the
same problem.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Andy,

Youtube has many videos on this. Use a lot of coolant and make a few
pratice holes first to develop your technique.

Dave M.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 4 Aug 2016 23:31:45 -0700 (PDT)
Andy wrote:

I would like to drill holes into a glass globe.

The reason is because it contains a CFL bulb which does not tolerate
high heat levels.

What are my options.

Thanks,

Andy

Dump the dangerous CFL...
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I would like to drill holes into a glass globe.

The reason is because it contains a CFL bulb which does not tolerate high heat levels.

What are my options.

Thanks,

Andy

If you are talking a small (5 mm LED) sized hole, use a Dremel with a
diamond bit. Go slow and keep it wet. Practice on an old jelly jar or
something.