Posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.politics.scorched-earth,alt.home.repair

Default Concealed Carrier Saves Cop Pinned Down By Meth Addict

'I wish a lot more of society would do what he did.'

July 29, 2016 By Bre Payton

Last year, an Ohio man with a concealed carry permit saved police officer Michael Wheelers life from the hands of a meth addict. On Wednesday, Wheeler, who serves in Mt. Vernon, Ohio, awarded his hero the citys Citizen Award of Valor, Inside Edition reports.

The assailant, who later admitted to authorities he had been strung out on meth for several days, had been sleeping on a womans porch without permission when Wheeler confronted him. He attacked Wheeler, pinning him to the ground, and began grabbing at his belt in an attempt to get the officers gun. Wheeler, whose shoulder microphone was ripped off during the confrontation, was unable to call for backup.

During the struggle, Wheeler looked up and saw Dylan DeBoard, who announced he had a concealed carry permit and was pointing his weapon at the assailant. While the homeless man was distracted, Wheeler was able to get out from under him and handcuff him.

€śI wish a lot more of society would do what he did,€ť Wheeler said. €śThere were people standing around, but they were just watching. I kept wondering why people didnt do anything.€ť

Wheeler told Inside Edition that he often visits DeBoard at his home to thank him.

€śEvery time I see him, I let him know how much I appreciate what he
did,€ť Wheeler said.

Posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.politics.scorched-earth,alt.home.repair

On 30/07/2016 11:58, burfordTjustice wrote:
[...]

Why was a gun needed in that situation? I would've just helped the
officer pin the bloke down. After all, the meths guy was already pinned
down by the cop.

Posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.politics.scorched-earth,alt.home.repair

On Sat, 30 Jul 2016 12:12:31 +0100
Bod wrote:

[...]

No true...trying reading very slowly

Posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.politics.scorched-earth,alt.home.repair

[...]

“I wish a lot more of society would do what he did,” Wheeler said. “There were people standing around, but they were just watching. I kept wondering why people didn’t do anything.”

Wheeler told Inside Edition that he often visits DeBoard at his home to thank him.

“Every time I see him, I let him know how much I appreciate what he
did,” Wheeler said.

Why was a gun needed in that situation? I would've just helped the
officer pin the bloke down. After all, the meths guy was already pinned
down by the cop.

I'm sorry about your reading comprehension problems. Please try again
to see who was pinned down. Perhaps you can also learn about what
happens when people are on meth that made the confrontation difficult
for the policeman.
Posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.politics.scorched-earth,alt.home.repair

On 30/07/2016 12:24, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
[...]

My mistake, but irellevent, a swift kick in the nuts would've rendered
the culprit useless. If the miscreant had the officer pinned down he
would've been very vulnerable if approached from behind.

Posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.politics.scorched-earth,alt.home.repair

Bod wrote:
[...]

Wheeler was able to get out from under him and handcuff him. “I wish
a lot more of society would do what he did,” Wheeler said.
“There were people standing around, but they were just watching. I
kept wondering why people didn’t do anything.” Wheeler told Inside
Edition that he often visits DeBoard at his
home to thank him. “Every time I see him, I let him know how much I
appreciate what he
did,” Wheeler said.

Why was a gun needed in that situation? I would've just helped the
officer pin the bloke down. After all, the meths guy was already
pinned down by the cop.

I'm sorry about your reading comprehension problems. Please try
again to see who was pinned down. Perhaps you can also learn about
what happens when people are on meth that made the confrontation
difficult for the policeman.

My mistake, but irellevent, a swift kick in the nuts would've rendered
the culprit useless. If the miscreant had the officer pinned down he
would've been very vulnerable if approached from behind.

Follow the rest of Ed's advice and research how meth addicts can behave
when high . He probably wouldn't even feel a kick to the nuts - if that were
possible . The positions of their bodies may have made it impossible to get
in a crotch blow .
--
Snag

Posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.politics.scorched-earth,alt.home.repair

On 7/30/2016 7:54 AM, Bod wrote:

Wheeler told Inside Edition that he often visits DeBoard at his home
to thank him.

“Every time I see him, I let him know how much I appreciate what he
did,” Wheeler said.

Why was a gun needed in that situation? I would've just helped the
officer pin the bloke down. After all, the meths guy was already pinned
down by the cop.

I'm sorry about your reading comprehension problems. Please try again
to see who was pinned down. Perhaps you can also learn about what
happens when people are on meth that made the confrontation difficult
for the policeman.

My mistake, but irellevent, a swift kick in the nuts would've rendered
the culprit useless. If the miscreant had the officer pinned down he
would've been very vulnerable if approached from behind.

There was a TV show years ago called "The Incredible Hulk" Watch an
episode and you'll see what can take place with a Meth addict. Similar
abilities. I hope you never tangle with one, though it may be fun to
watch.
Posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.politics.scorched-earth,alt.home.repair

On 30/07/2016 14:03, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 7/30/2016 7:54 AM, Bod wrote:

[...]

I'll take your word on that. I admit that I haven't a clue how a meths
addict behaves etc.
Posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.politics.scorched-earth,alt.home.repair

Bod brought next idea :
On 7/30/2016 7:54 AM, Bod wrote:

[...]

At least some of the stories about the 'hulk' phenomenon is not about
meth, but about PCP. People are stronger than they think that they are,
the limit to strength seems to be pain, and PCP allows users to
suppress the pain and use 'superhuman' strength. It gets especially
dangerous if the perpetrator goes for the officer's gun, lethal force
is okay under those circumstances.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 30 Jul 2016 07:52:54 -0500, "Terry Coombs"
wrote:

Follow the rest of Ed's advice and research how meth addicts can behave
when high . He probably wouldn't even feel a kick to the nuts - if that were
possible . The positions of their bodies may have made it impossible to get
in a crotch blow .

Fights 15 cops while masturbating. Taser didn't stop him :-\

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3hsEFtFQu8
Posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.politics.scorched-earth,alt.home.repair

Bod brought next idea :
On 7/30/2016 7:54 AM, Bod wrote:

[...]

I see and understood. Thanks for the explanation.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 30 Jul 2016 10:00:57 -0400, Ralph Mowery
wrote:

My mistake, but irellevent, a swift kick in the nuts would've rendered
the culprit useless. If the miscreant had the officer pinned down he
would've been very vulnerable if approached from behind.

In my case I am too old to get into something physical. I am not going
to chance getting hirt for anyone other than a family member. Time to
pull the gun and start busting caps instead of my body.

Precisely. You don't have to get to close so the do-bad's can cut
you.

I'd call the Coroner first to remove the dead body and then call 911
to report a shooting.
--
you never meet a horse that needs stealing, but you meet a man that needs killin'

Posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.politics.scorched-earth,alt.home.repair

On 7/30/2016 7:54 AM, Bod wrote:

[...]

Airheaded prick.

--