Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Redneck coffee grinder

On Monday, July 4, 2016 at 4:59:05 PM UTC-4, Henry Jones wrote:
Low on funds, and want a redneck coffee grinder in that there must be a
tool in shop which grinds coffee beans (small amounts at a time) without
having to resort to the overly expensive weak-assed motors in the consumer
brands like Gaggia.

Any idea what toolbox tool we already have that grinds coffee well?

Get a linen cloth and put a tablespoon of beans in the center.roll up the cloth. Lay the rolled cloth on the pavement. Bang with a cinder block till coffee is ground up. Bang longer if you want expresso.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 4 Jul 2016 20:59:00 +0000 (UTC), Henry Jones
wrote:

Low on funds, and want a redneck coffee grinder in that there must be a
tool in shop which grinds coffee beans (small amounts at a time) without
having to resort to the overly expensive weak-assed motors in the consumer
brands like Gaggia.

Any idea what toolbox tool we already have that grinds coffee well?

Rock crusher.
http://www.screenmachine.com/images/...ing-plants.jpg

Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to trader_4, Patrushka wrote:
Just buy it at Starbucks and get them to grind it. Why displace a worker?
Think how mad you'd be if you broke a good tool grinding coffee.

--
posted from
http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...er-895713-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 15 Jul 2016 15:44:02 +0000, Patrushka
wrote:

Think how mad you'd be if you broke a good tool grinding coffee.

Crowbars are hard to break.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 07/15/2016 09:44 AM, Patrushka wrote:
replying to trader_4, Patrushka wrote:
Just buy it at Starbucks and get them to grind it. Why displace a worker?
Think how mad you'd be if you broke a good tool grinding coffee.

I'd grind coffee with a mano and metate before I'd go near $tar$ucks.

Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to notbob, CoffeeDave wrote:
I respectfully disagree with the hammer/drip coffee comment. UNIFORM grind
size is critical to proper extraction no matter what brew method is used.
Otherwise you get both over-extracted grinds (bitter, phenolic tastes) and
under-extracted grinds (sour, salty and weird fruit tastes). With a uniform
grind, you taste exactly what you brewed and can reproduce great coffee.
Otherwise it's a crap shoot (pun intended).

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...er-895713-.htm

Redneck Lantern Todd Home Repair 21 September 2nd 14 01:51 AM
Krups GVX2 coffee grinder - how to dismantle? Peter Scott UK diy 21 February 2nd 13 12:29 PM
Hamilton Beach 80344 Custom Grind Coffee Grinder Molly Brown Home Repair 0 September 1st 10 03:46 AM
Salton Toastmaster Coffee Grinder [email protected] Woodturning 0 May 21st 09 12:29 PM
Braun coffee grinder Ed Home Repair 7 July 28th 06 02:18 PM