Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Ed is offline

Default Braun coffee grinder

Is there a place where one can post questions on small appliance
repairs? My
Braun coffee grinder has become very slow in feeding beans through. I
expect it's
due to oily beans. I had an earlier model (straight sided hopper) that
I could just unscrew
and clean it out, but this newer one with taper hopper resists all
attempts to take apart.
I'm looking for some clues on how to take it apart to clean.

TIA

Ed

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Ed" wrote in message
. com...
Is there a place where one can post questions on small appliance
repairs? My
Braun coffee grinder has become very slow in feeding beans through. I
expect it's
due to oily beans. I had an earlier model (straight sided hopper) that
I could just unscrew
and clean it out, but this newer one with taper hopper resists all
attempts to take apart.
I'm looking for some clues on how to take it apart to clean.

TIA

Ed

alt.internet.appliances but it's almost dead. There are some very good
forums. Just Google appliance and forum.

Al

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , on Mon,
17 Jul 2006 02:26:17 GMT, Ed wrote:

Is there a place where one can post questions on small appliance
repairs? My
Braun coffee grinder has become very slow in feeding beans through. I
expect it's
due to oily beans. I had an earlier model (straight sided hopper) that
I could just unscrew
and clean it out, but this newer one with taper hopper resists all
attempts to take apart.
I'm looking for some clues on how to take it apart to clean.

Specifically for a coffee grinder, you might try alt.coffee.

--
Seth Goodman
Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Ed is offline

"Big Al" wrote in message

alt.internet.appliances but it's almost dead. There are some very
good
forums. Just Google appliance and forum.

Al

Thanks, Al. I've tried that, but the problem is they all are focused
on large appliances.
I did find http://forum.doityourself.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67 but
there are no postings except
one asking for a moderator. I tried posting to it but for some reason
my post never appeared.

I expect the lack of interest is because the small appliances are
typically thrown away these days. But I'll keep looking.

Ed

Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Ed is offline

"Seth Goodman" wrote in message
.net...
..

Specifically for a coffee grinder, you might try alt.coffee.

Thanks, Seth. I'll take a peek.

Ed

Posted to alt.home.repair

Ed wrote:

Is there a place where one can post questions on small appliance
repairs? My
Braun coffee grinder has become very slow in feeding beans through. I
expect it's
due to oily beans. I had an earlier model (straight sided hopper) that
I could just unscrew
and clean it out, but this newer one with taper hopper resists all
attempts to take apart.
I'm looking for some clues on how to take it apart to clean.

TIA

Ed

I can't help you with your Braun coffee grinder but I can suggest a highly
recommended coffee grinder that I bought and love: A Starbucks Barista.
Typically costs $120 but you when Starbucks has a sale you can get it for
around $80. We had ours for over 6 months and we're very satisfied. I don't
make expresso which places the most demands upon a grinder.
Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Ed is offline

"John" wrote in message
m...

I can't help you with your Braun coffee grinder but I can suggest a
highly recommended coffee grinder that I bought and love: A
Starbucks Barista. Typically costs $120 but you when Starbucks has a
sale you can get it for around $80. We had ours for over 6 months
and we're very satisfied. I don't make expresso which places the
most demands upon a grinder.

Thanks, John. I'll take a look. The Braun 3045 has a MSRP of about $80
and can be bought
on eBay for about $50 plus shipping, which migh bring it close to the
Barista on sale. It worked
well for several years, grinding mostly the oily Starbucks French
Roast. I wonder if the
Barista will hold up as well?

Ed

Posted to alt.home.repair

Ed wrote:

"John" wrote in message
m...

I can't help you with your Braun coffee grinder but I can suggest a
highly recommended coffee grinder that I bought and love: A
Starbucks Barista. Typically costs $120 but you when Starbucks has a
sale you can get it for around $80. We had ours for over 6 months
and we're very satisfied. I don't make expresso which places the
most demands upon a grinder.

Thanks, John. I'll take a look. The Braun 3045 has a MSRP of about $80
and can be bought
on eBay for about $50 plus shipping, which migh bring it close to the
Barista on sale. It worked
well for several years, grinding mostly the oily Starbucks French
Roast. I wonder if the
Barista will hold up as well?

Ed

I don't have the literature in front of me so I can't provide details, but
the Barista has an extremely good warranty.