Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Concrete Stamping or other process for driveway boarder.

I am wanting to add a 12-24 inch boarder to the sides of my asphalt driveway. The driveway is partially curved. I am wanting to do this myself a section at a time and mixing my own bagged concrete. Can you recommend some inexpensive stamps, rollers, or other patterns that I can use? I live in the country and my driveway does not look that great. I am just wanting to spruce it up and am not set on any pattern or idea yet. I just want something I can do myself a section at a time as I have time.

Also, is it hard to do this on a curved portion of the driveway?

I appreciate it!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, June 24, 2016 at 8:28:37 PM UTC-4, wrote:
I am wanting to add a 12-24 inch boarder to the sides of my asphalt driveway. The driveway is partially curved. I am wanting to do this myself a section at a time and mixing my own bagged concrete. Can you recommend some inexpensive stamps, rollers, or other patterns that I can use? I live in the country and my driveway does not look that great. I am just wanting to spruce it up and am not set on any pattern or idea yet. I just want something I can do myself a section at a time as I have time.

Also, is it hard to do this on a curved portion of the driveway?

I appreciate it!

The typical thing done for that is Belgian block curbing. But it's not
12-24" wide. I like them on an angle, not vertical, so that if you hit it
with a tire it won't damage the tire or wheel. That would be my choice
for that application. You could certainly learn how to do it and do it
a section at time. I've never seen anything as wide as you're talking
about, don't know how it would look. But if that's what you want, stamped
concrete could be a solution. I'm sure you could learn how to do that
yourself too. I don't see cost of the stamp mats, whatever they are called
being an issue. You just need a couple, what pattern is up to you.
Mixing the concrete will be a challenge, depending on how big the area
is. The color variation in stamped concrete doesn't last forever and to
keep it lasting you need to seal coat it every couple of years. If you
don't the nice color effect gradually wears away. Another reason to go
with Belgian block.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, June 24, 2016 at 8:28:37 PM UTC-4, wrote:
I am wanting to add a 12-24 inch boarder to the sides of my asphalt driveway. The driveway is partially curved. I am wanting to do this myself a section at a time and mixing my own bagged concrete. Can you recommend some inexpensive stamps, rollers, or other patterns that I can use? I live in the country and my driveway does not look that great. I am just wanting to spruce it up and am not set on any pattern or idea yet. I just want something I can do myself a section at a time as I have time.

Also, is it hard to do this on a curved portion of the driveway?

I appreciate it!

the cost of bagged concrete makes it the most expensive choice......

far better to get a ready mix truck delivery
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, June 24, 2016 at 9:19:55 PM UTC-4, bob haller wrote:
On Friday, June 24, 2016 at 8:28:37 PM UTC-4, wrote:
I am wanting to add a 12-24 inch boarder to the sides of my asphalt driveway. The driveway is partially curved. I am wanting to do this myself a section at a time and mixing my own bagged concrete. Can you recommend some inexpensive stamps, rollers, or other patterns that I can use? I live in the country and my driveway does not look that great. I am just wanting to spruce it up and am not set on any pattern or idea yet. I just want something I can do myself a section at a time as I have time.

Also, is it hard to do this on a curved portion of the driveway?

I appreciate it!

the cost of bagged concrete makes it the most expensive choice......

far better to get a ready mix truck delivery

Being a DIY project where he talks about doing it himself a section at
a time, do you see a possible problem with that?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/24/2016 9:27 PM, trader_4 wrote:
On Friday, June 24, 2016 at 9:19:55 PM UTC-4, bob haller wrote:
the cost of bagged concrete makes it the most expensive choice......

far better to get a ready mix truck delivery

Being a DIY project where he talks about doing it himself a section at
a time, do you see a possible problem with that?

He can get it from the same supply house that
provides the Goodman furnace and AC for the
garage in New Orleans.

--
..
Christopher A. Young

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, June 24, 2016 at 10:02:51 PM UTC-4, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 6/24/2016 9:27 PM, trader_4 wrote:
On Friday, June 24, 2016 at 9:19:55 PM UTC-4, bob haller wrote:
the cost of bagged concrete makes it the most expensive choice......

far better to get a ready mix truck delivery

Being a DIY project where he talks about doing it himself a section at
a time, do you see a possible problem with that?

He can get it from the same supply house that
provides the Goodman furnace and AC for the
garage in New Orleans.

Where to get the load of concrete was not the problem I can see.