Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT, Golf Anyone?

Do any of you guys play golf? Sometimes the strangest things show up on a golf course. o_O

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aj9D8NxP1eE

[8~{} Uncle Strangest Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 31 May 2016 22:05:04 -0700 (PDT), Uncle Monster wrote:

Do any of you guys play golf? Sometimes the strangest things show up on a golf course. o_O

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aj9D8NxP1eE

[8~{} Uncle Strangest Monster

I think that's the guy who never picks up the check at the restaurant!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, June 1, 2016 at 1:05:10 AM UTC-4, Uncle Monster wrote:
Do any of you guys play golf? Sometimes the strangest things show up on a golf course. o_O

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aj9D8NxP1eE

[8~{} Uncle Strangest Monster

Best youtube comment ever:

SB 20 hours ago
I once came across an alligator on a golf course. The trick was to hit the ball into its mouth hard enough for it to roll completely through and come out the alligator's tail onto the green. I found that if you hit it just right, the ball would then bounce off the back rail and into the hole.

Cousin Putt-Putt Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Do any of you guys play golf? Sometimes the strangest things show up on a golf course. o_O

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aj9D8NxP1eE

[8~{} Uncle Strangest Monster

That is not unusual at all in Florida.
I hit this one with a ball about 5 miles from the Buffalo Creek course
where that one was.
http://gfretwell.com/wildlife/Water%20hazard.jpg
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 05/31/2016 11:05 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
Do any of you guys play golf? Sometimes the strangest things show up on a golf course. o_O

Yes, but I play it a little differently. My version involves a .357 and
is really rough on the balls.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 01/06/2016 14:50, rbowman wrote:
On 05/31/2016 11:05 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
Do any of you guys play golf? Sometimes the strangest things show up
on a golf course. o_O

Yes, but I play it a little differently. My version involves a .357 and
is really rough on the balls.

My word, that sounds painful ;-)

--
Bod
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default UNCLE MONSTER DON'T PLAY GOLF

But I hear he's pretty good at Pocket Pool.
LOL

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Do any of you guys play golf? Sometimes the strangest things show up on a golf course. o_O

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aj9D8NxP1eE

[8~{} Uncle Strangest Monster

That is not unusual at all in Florida.
I hit this one with a ball about 5 miles from the Buffalo Creek course
where that one was.
http://gfretwell.com/wildlife/Water%20hazard.jpg

BIL & SIL recently moved to central Florida from New Jersey. BIL was
shocked about seeing a gator on golf courses G

Many people may not be aware, there are salt water crocodiles in
Florida Bay. Larger than this gator. Saw a recent report where a Nile
Crocodile was found in Florida. Heck, exotic snakes now attack a
gator.

Be careful jumping in the pool under a beautiful dark night....
surprise.
--
"People who worry about crocodiles are smart!" -Joe Machi
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/1/2016 1:05 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
Do any of you guys play golf? Sometimes the strangest things show up on a golf course. o_O

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aj9D8NxP1eE

[8~{} Uncle Strangest Monster

Don't play but once saw a golfer at Hilton Head poking at a large gator
with his golf club. A caddy was driving a couple of us around the
course to show us the gators. He said the golfer was crazy to do what
he did.

Also saw a couple of guys in the Everglades try to lift a branch shading
a gator in the water off the path to take a good picture of it.
Gator opened his mouth and guys took off. Fortunately gator did not
come after them.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/1/2016 12:18 PM, Bod wrote:
On 01/06/2016 14:50, rbowman wrote:
On 05/31/2016 11:05 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
Do any of you guys play golf? Sometimes the strangest things show up
on a golf course. o_O

Yes, but I play it a little differently. My version involves a .357 and
is really rough on the balls.

My word, that sounds painful ;-)

I've shot them at my shooting club with a .357.
Tough to hit and good hit will make them disappear, not because they
disintegrated but because they were driven off the range.
Once shot one at 25 yards and it bounced and came back to land at my feet.

I pick all kinds of balls up in park I walk in across from golf range
and with baseball fields.

Like baseballs best as I'll drill a hole in them and hang them to shoot
at the range. You'd be surprised how many times you can shoot them
before they fall apart.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 1 Jun 2016 13:47:01 -0400, Frank "frank wrote:

On 6/1/2016 1:05 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
Do any of you guys play golf? Sometimes the strangest things show up on a golf course. o_O

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aj9D8NxP1eE

[8~{} Uncle Strangest Monster

Don't play but once saw a golfer at Hilton Head poking at a large gator
with his golf club. A caddy was driving a couple of us around the
course to show us the gators. He said the golfer was crazy to do what
he did.

+1 The tail is the first to take you down. People stand in the wrong
place. Gator's can outrun a horse for the first few yards, maybe 25.

Also saw a couple of guys in the Everglades try to lift a branch shading
a gator in the water off the path to take a good picture of it.
Gator opened his mouth and guys took off. Fortunately gator did not
come after them.

Must not have been a nest of eggs. I ducked under a cypress branch in
the swamp. Greeted by a Cottonmouth moccasin in my face, coiled and
ready to strike.

..30 06 solved the threat...
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 01 Jun 2016 11:06:45 -0700, Oren wrote:

On Wed, 1 Jun 2016 13:47:01 -0400, Frank "frank wrote:

On 6/1/2016 1:05 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
Do any of you guys play golf? Sometimes the strangest things show up on a golf course. o_O

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aj9D8NxP1eE

[8~{} Uncle Strangest Monster

Don't play but once saw a golfer at Hilton Head poking at a large gator
with his golf club. A caddy was driving a couple of us around the
course to show us the gators. He said the golfer was crazy to do what
he did.

+1 The tail is the first to take you down. People stand in the wrong
place. Gator's can outrun a horse for the first few yards, maybe 25.

The weakness in a gator's attack is they do not turn well so you try
to stay beside them. On a straight run, they will catch most people.
Just be careful they don't "turn" you into the water.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/1/2016 2:06 PM, Oren wrote:
[...]

No poisonous snakes here but I got startled once by a big black snake in
my back yard hanging from a tree coming face to face with me. I
dispatched him with the weed wacker I was carrying.

Told the woman across the street and she said I should not have killed
the snake. I said, OK next time I'll capture it and bring it over to
your yard.

And all I got in thanks was a, "God damn you, Frank...."
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 1 Jun 2016 14:43:45 -0400, Frank "frank wrote:

No poisonous snakes here but I got startled once by a big black snake in
my back yard hanging from a tree coming face to face with me. I
dispatched him with the weed wacker I was carrying.

Told the woman across the street and she said I should not have killed
the snake. I said, OK next time I'll capture it and bring it over to
your yard.

And all I got in thanks was a, "God damn you, Frank...."

You can drop them off here. I have no problem with snakes.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 01/06/2016 19:05, Frank wrote:
On 6/1/2016 12:18 PM, Bod wrote:
On 01/06/2016 14:50, rbowman wrote:
On 05/31/2016 11:05 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
Do any of you guys play golf? Sometimes the strangest things show up
on a golf course. o_O

Yes, but I play it a little differently. My version involves a .357 and
is really rough on the balls.

My word, that sounds painful ;-)

I've shot them at my shooting club with a .357.
Tough to hit and good hit will make them disappear, not because they
disintegrated but because they were driven off the range.
Once shot one at 25 yards and it bounced and came back to land at my feet.

I pick all kinds of balls up in park I walk in across from golf range
and with baseball fields.

Like baseballs best as I'll drill a hole in them and hang them to shoot
at the range. You'd be surprised how many times you can shoot them
before they fall apart.

Sounds like fun.

--
Bod

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/1/2016 2:43 PM, Frank wrote:
No poisonous snakes here but I got startled once by a big black snake in
my back yard hanging from a tree coming face to face with me. I
dispatched him with the weed wacker I was carrying.

Told the woman across the street and she said I should not have killed
the snake. I said, OK next time I'll capture it and bring it over to
your yard.

And all I got in thanks was a, "God damn you, Frank...."

It's like when you stand outside abortion clinic,
and give a baby to each of the protesters. No one
really appreciates how wonderful you really are.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/1/2016 12:18 PM, Bod wrote:
[...]

It is fun and beats paper targets.
Club will not allow steel targets anymore due to ricochet concerns.
You can buy soft ones that will take a lot of pounding but I prefer
balls and used bowling pins if I can find them.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 06/01/2016 12:43 PM, Frank wrote:
No poisonous snakes here but I got startled once by a big black snake in
my back yard hanging from a tree coming face to face with me. I
dispatched him with the weed wacker I was carrying.

Why? A blacksnake could school a cat in the mouse catching business.

golf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Duane Woodworking 4 August 25th 09 03:02 PM
Woodworking is like Golf Jamie Woodworking 0 June 27th 06 06:16 AM
Woodworking is like Golf Robert Bonomi Woodworking 0 May 20th 06 02:51 AM
Golf Cliff Metalworking 5 November 20th 05 12:23 AM
OT : GOLF WARRENRN1 Woodworking 2 August 8th 03 09:41 PM