Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Does Amazon think we're hooked

Simple switch, $5.15 on Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/QVS-PA-1P-Sing...=inline+switch
Same switch, $2.99 at Home Depot, normally in stock.

Or buy 3 on Amazon for $17.99, what a bargain. A different vendor
at least.

Amazon thinks we're hooked, so they'r raising the prices.

Well, when you look at Other Sellers, it lists Amazon itself but only
for Prime members afaict and certainly only with an order of $25 and
then the price is 2.99, same as Home Depot.

Other prices are 5.70 to 35.10 including shipping. For some reason
Home Depot is not listed. I admit, most prices are 5.70 or very
close, but the one that is $35 also has a 92% positive rating!! Who
can beat that?

Lowes, $3.99, still cheaper than Amaz

It's illuminated too, when on, but Amazon doesn't say this except it's
in reviews. I didn't look at other vendors.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 31 May 2016 15:14:51 -0400, Micky
wrote:

Simple switch, $5.15 on Amazon

Reading reviews of this, I see that it has sold ON Amazon for from $3
to 7. Amazon changes prices several times a day sometimes, but not
just by a few cents!!

http://www.amazon.com/52149-Handy-Sw...cr_dp_asin_lnk
This was really nice, because it came in 2- and 3- prong, but one I've
used only about 20 times is already not always on when it should be
on. Have to push the lever just right and who knows how long it will
stay. I'll cut it open but I don't know if I can improve on their
design. But I sure like the big lever, so I may buy another.
hoping I just got a bad one, and save the card and receipt.

.....Apparently they don't sell this one (not the one the first post
was about) anymore -- it probably gave too many people trouble, even
though 96% gave it 4 or 5 stars (Maybe many of them found it still
didn't last as long as it should.) -- and sometimes the model number
transfers to another model. New one switch ont he side so you can use
two in one receptacle, but not the big lever on top that I like for
certain places. I have another one still working fine next to the
door in the bathroom that turns on the wireless speaker and the remote
TV control (I only use one or the other but this was the simplest
method.)

http://www.amazon.com/QVS-PA-1P-Sing...=inline+switch
Same switch, $2.99 at Home Depot, normally in stock.

Or buy 3 on Amazon for $17.99, what a bargain. A different vendor
at least.

Amazon thinks we're hooked, so they'r raising the prices.

Well, when you look at Other Sellers, it lists Amazon itself but only
for Prime members afaict and certainly only with an order of $25 and
then the price is 2.99, same as Home Depot.

Other prices are 5.70 to 35.10 including shipping. For some reason
Home Depot is not listed. I admit, most prices are 5.70 or very
close, but the one that is $35 also has a 92% positive rating!! Who
can beat that?

Lowes, $3.99, still cheaper than Amaz

It's illuminated too, when on, but Amazon doesn't say this except it's
in reviews. I didn't look at other vendors.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/31/2016 3:14 PM, Micky wrote:

Simple switch, $5.15 on Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/QVS-PA-1P-Sing...=inline+switch
Same switch, $2.99 at Home Depot, normally in stock.

Or buy 3 on Amazon for $17.99, what a bargain. A different vendor
at least.

Amazon thinks we're hooked, so they'r raising the prices.

Well, when you look at Other Sellers, it lists Amazon itself but only
for Prime members afaict and certainly only with an order of $25 and
then the price is 2.99, same as Home Depot.

Other prices are 5.70 to 35.10 including shipping. For some reason
Home Depot is not listed. I admit, most prices are 5.70 or very
close, but the one that is $35 also has a 92% positive rating!! Who
can beat that?

Amazon has many sellers and like any other retail store, they set their
own prices. Of course Home Depot is not listed as they are not an
Amazon seller.

You don't have to be a Prime member to get the 2.99 price, but you do
have to place an order for $25 to get the free shipping.

I don't see why you are so confused. All you have to do is read the page.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
[...]

Mr Pawlowski, that free shipping threshold is now $49, just
FYI : )

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/31/2016 3:14 PM, Micky wrote:
Simple switch, $5.15 on Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/QVS-PA-1P-Sing...=inline+switch
Same switch, $2.99 at Home Depot, normally in stock.

Or buy 3 on Amazon for $17.99, what a bargain. A different vendor
at least.

For me, a round trip to Home Depot costs about $12.

And then there's the returned merchandise (often with missing pieces) that the big box stores put back on their shelves.

So yah, I'm hooked on Amazon.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/31/2016 7:16 PM, ChairMan wrote:
Ed Pawlowski wrote:
[...]

Mr Chairman, did you read the link?
This item is available because of the Add-on program
The Add-on program allows Amazon to offer thousands of low-priced items
that would be cost-prohibitive to ship on their own. These items ship
with qualifying orders over $25. Details
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 05/31/2016 03:07 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

I don't see why you are so confused. All you have to do is read the page.

Micky? Read?
Posted to alt.home.repair

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 5/31/2016 3:14 PM, Micky wrote:

Simple switch, $5.15 on Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/QVS-PA-1P-Sing...=inline+switch
Same switch, $2.99 at Home Depot, normally in stock.

snip

[...]

Mr Pawlowski, as usual, you are correct : ) .
I did not click the link and see the add-on or realize that
add-on has a lower threshold.
Good to know