Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Does Amazon think we're hooked

On 5/31/2016 7:16 PM, ChairMan wrote:
Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 5/31/2016 3:14 PM, Micky wrote:

Simple switch, $5.15 on Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/QVS-PA-1P-Sing...=inline+switch
Same switch, $2.99 at Home Depot, normally in stock.

Or buy 3 on Amazon for $17.99, what a bargain. A
different vendor
at least.

Amazon thinks we're hooked, so they'r raising the prices.

Well, when you look at Other Sellers, it lists Amazon
itself but only
for Prime members afaict and certainly only with an order
of $25 and
then the price is 2.99, same as Home Depot.

Other prices are 5.70 to 35.10 including shipping. For
some reason
Home Depot is not listed. I admit, most prices are
5.70 or very
close, but the one that is $35 also has a 92% positive
rating!! Who
can beat that?

Amazon has many sellers and like any other retail store,
they set
their own prices. Of course Home Depot is not listed as
they are not
an Amazon seller.

You don't have to be a Prime member to get the 2.99 price,
but you do
have to place an order for $25 to get the free shipping.

I don't see why you are so confused. All you have to do
is read the
page.

Mr Pawlowski, that free shipping threshold is now $49, just
FYI : )

Mr Chairman, did you read the link?
This item is available because of the Add-on program
The Add-on program allows Amazon to offer thousands of low-priced items
that would be cost-prohibitive to ship on their own. These items ship
with qualifying orders over $25. Details