Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Are these the same or is more expensive better?

Spring is here and it's time to work on the scooter I think I posted
about last fall. This is a TaoTao 49/50cc scooer made in the
People's Republic of China.

The carburetor needs a cleaning, or I can buy a new one. Matching
ones range from $18 to a little over $50. URLs available if wanted.
Do you think there is a positive correlation between price and
quality? A negative one? Any one? Or are they all really the
same thing? I once saw a particular model of camera for sale online
for between 50 and 200 dollars, very same thing.

If a difference in quality, where would low quality show itself?

The only difference apparent from the photos is that the diaphragm
cover on mine and some is metal and the one on others is black, maybe
metal, maybe plastic, but it's not a part that gets hot. Even plastic
should be fine.

The $22 one has the most pictures and is certain identical to mine,
but it's in China and delivery is claimed to take 4 to 6 weeks The
others have from 4 to 1 pictures andI can't find any differences, but
they are in Chicago or South Carolina and will be here in 3 or 4 days.
What are the chances any of them won't work just as well.

For when a Pi is just too expensive... John Rumm UK diy 17 June 23rd 15 06:10 AM
Expensive DIY? Ardamerr UK diy 7 June 15th 11 10:04 AM
This is going to be expensive Mike Home Repair 21 October 23rd 10 10:53 PM
DIY can be MORE expensive than pro... Bill[_9_] Home Repair 23 October 19th 08 06:34 PM
These are expensive! [email protected] UK diy 8 September 8th 05 01:28 AM