Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Ants in tub

Ants in tub. Nowhere else. Any idea why? Black carpenter. Pennsylvania.
1 or 2 per day.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 7 May 2016 14:13:14 -0700 (PDT), Thomas wrote:

Ants in tub. Nowhere else. Any idea why? Black carpenter. Pennsylvania.
1 or 2 per day.

We had a large scale attack the first day I mowed the lawn this year. Some must have come in on my clothes.

We used Raid bait traps to kill the bugs that may be hidden in walls or underground. The ants will take it back to the nest
and kill their buddies.

Then we followed up with Raid Ant Killer 17 and a few days later there were zero ants.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, May 7, 2016 at 4:13:18 PM UTC-5, Thomas wrote:
Ants in tub. Nowhere else. Any idea why? Black carpenter. Pennsylvania.
1 or 2 per day.

Did the ants have tiny towels, soap and back brushes? If so, they just wanted to get a bath. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Ansty Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

| Ants in tub. Nowhere else. Any idea why? Black carpenter. Pennsylvania.
| 1 or 2 per day.

Carpenter ants.... you mean the big ones? The little
ones tend to travel this time of year, for a week
or two. We had a troop of them coming up inside the
house last year and marching into the 2nd floor tub.
They must have been confused by some shampoo
scent. But they're harmless and stopped roaming
soon after.

As BQ340 said, the big ones are
a sign of rot. They don't cause harm, per se. They'll
tunnel in the wet, damaged wood but, unlike termites,
they don't actually represent a threat. Actually
they're a help because they let you know there's
trouble before it gets worse. Carpenter ants will only
eat wet wood, so you probably have a leak in the
tile somewhere that's been going for awhile. You
should consider doing whatever's necessary to check
it out. If it's rotting it should be dealt with now. Once
it's fixed the ants will leave. No need to treat them
in any way.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Ants in tub. Nowhere else. Any idea why?

Do they have wings?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 7 May 2016 18:57:52 -0400, "Mayayana"
wrote:

If it's rotting it should be dealt with now. Once
it's fixed the ants will leave. No need to treat them
in any way.

Starve them out or water board 'em.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Ants in tub. Nowhere else. Any idea why?

Do they have wings?

No wings thank god. No wet wood. Thanks for the replies. I laid down some Ortho products outside. I'll see soon enough.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Thomas posted for all of us...

wrote:

Ants in tub. Nowhere else. Any idea why?

Do they have wings?

No wings thank god. No wet wood. Thanks for the replies. I laid down some Ortho products outside. I'll see soon enough.

Do you live in the woods?

Used to use Dursban around the foundation and sprayed behind the outlets
where infestation is noticed. Do you have frass in your basement (ant poop)?

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Ants in tub. Nowhere else. Any idea why?

Do they have wings?

No wings thank god. No wet wood. Thanks for the replies. I laid down some Ortho products outside. I'll see soon enough.

If you get some rain, do an additional application later.

ANTS! HELP!!!!!!!!!!! Smackwater Jack Home Repair 11 July 16th 10 06:00 AM
Ants Dave UK diy 4 December 18th 08 06:03 PM
Ants, Lots of Ants Steve Home Repair 21 July 26th 06 04:13 AM
!@#$%^&* ants -- how to get rid of them aurgathor Home Repair 12 May 16th 06 07:25 PM
Getting Rid of Ants julvr Home Repair 13 May 25th 05 11:28 AM