Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Hoover Wind Tunnel Vac

Hello, all. I've got a 8+ year old subject upright vac that has an
idler pulley that won't freely turn as expected. In this condition the
larger (of two) wide belt that connects this pulley to the motor shaft
will simply burn up. The idler pulley otherwise appears to be securely
bolted to its shaft. This pulley drives both the self-propelled
mechanism as well as providing coupling via a smaller belt to the floor
brush,

There are a number of videos on the web that detail how to deal with
other problems on this series of vacuum cleaners but not the problem I'm
experiencing. The motor and suction appear OK with AC power applied.
Your time and comment is greatly appreciated. Sincerely,
--
J. B. Wood e-mail:
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, May 3, 2016 at 7:52:22 AM UTC-5, J.B. Wood wrote:
Hello, all. I've got a 8+ year old subject upright vac that has an
idler pulley that won't freely turn as expected. In this condition the
larger (of two) wide belt that connects this pulley to the motor shaft
will simply burn up. The idler pulley otherwise appears to be securely
bolted to its shaft. This pulley drives both the self-propelled
mechanism as well as providing coupling via a smaller belt to the floor
brush,

There are a number of videos on the web that detail how to deal with
other problems on this series of vacuum cleaners but not the problem I'm
experiencing. The motor and suction appear OK with AC power applied.
Your time and comment is greatly appreciated. Sincerely,
--
J. B. Wood e-mail:

....a model or picture would be helpful! Can it be removed...ball or sleeve bearing?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 05/03/2016 09:01 AM, bob_villain wrote:
[...]

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm still hoping to receive some comment
from those familiar with repairs on this Hoover line of vacs. Sincerely,

--
J. B. Wood e-mail:

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 3 May 2016 10:36:03 -0400, "J.B. Wood"
wrote:

[...]

"We recommend using your hand to replace the fuse as it will take much longer using your knee."

OT - Wind Turbines - Ed Davey opens England’s largest onshore wind farm ...next to a mothballed gas fired power station The Other Mike[_3_] UK diy 9 February 27th 15 06:49 PM
Wind not good for wind farms... Andrew Gabriel UK diy 110 December 16th 11 03:36 PM
Plant tunnel Rick Hughes[_3_] UK diy 13 March 2nd 11 02:57 PM
GRE tunnel experiment msg Electronics Repair 0 January 13th 09 08:44 PM
y tunnel pro cracked [email protected] Home Repair 0 April 23rd 08 12:01 PM