Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT, Gotta Love Millennials

This is a hysterically funny song which comments on the current generation of young adults. ^_^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLpE1Pa8vvI

[8~{} Uncle Old Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 05/02/2016 03:19 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
This is a hysterically funny song which comments on the current generation of young adults. ^_^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLpE1Pa8vvI

[8~{} Uncle Old Monster

Great video!

Certainly true for a lot of them who are extremely spoiled.

I am thankful for all the times I was told,

"Not so good, you can do better."

OTOH: I know quite a few who are absolutely great, real go-getters and
hard workers.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, May 2, 2016 at 6:05:01 AM UTC-5, philo wrote:
On 05/02/2016 03:19 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
This is a hysterically funny song which comments on the current generation of young adults. ^_^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLpE1Pa8vvI

[8~{} Uncle Old Monster

Great video!

Certainly true for a lot of them who are extremely spoiled.

I am thankful for all the times I was told,

"Not so good, you can do better."

OTOH: I know quite a few who are absolutely great, real go-getters and
hard workers.

I think most young people are great and I love their energy. Dammit, I wish I was 40 years younger. Oh yea, the guy who did the video is very talented. I'm impressed. o_O

[8~{} Uncle Worn-out Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 05/02/2016 10:58 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Monday, May 2, 2016 at 6:05:01 AM UTC-5, philo wrote:
On 05/02/2016 03:19 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
This is a hysterically funny song which comments on the current generation of young adults. ^_^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLpE1Pa8vvI

[8~{} Uncle Old Monster

Great video!

Certainly true for a lot of them who are extremely spoiled.

I am thankful for all the times I was told,

"Not so good, you can do better."

OTOH: I know quite a few who are absolutely great, real go-getters and
hard workers.

I think most young people are great and I love their energy. Dammit, I wish I was 40 years younger. Oh yea, the guy who did the video is very talented. I'm impressed. o_O

[8~{} Uncle Worn-out Monster

I'm 65 and though closer to death, would not want to go back.

Once was enough.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 2 May 2016 11:09:45 -0500, philo wrote:

I'm 65 and though closer to death, would not want to go back.

Once was enough.

If I could start, knowing what I know now, I would be happy to do it
again.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, May 2, 2016 at 11:27:59 AM UTC-5, wrote:
On Mon, 2 May 2016 11:09:45 -0500, philo wrote:

I'm 65 and though closer to death, would not want to go back.

Once was enough.

If I could start, knowing what I know now, I would be happy to do it
again.

Remember the old homeless guy in "Groundhog Day"? It was just his time...knowing that and when people in your life would die, would be hard to take. Unless you're talking about starting with a clean slate?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 05/02/2016 11:35 AM, bob_villain wrote:
On Monday, May 2, 2016 at 11:27:59 AM UTC-5, wrote:
On Mon, 2 May 2016 11:09:45 -0500, philo wrote:

I'm 65 and though closer to death, would not want to go back.

Once was enough.

If I could start, knowing what I know now, I would be happy to do it
again.

Remember the old homeless guy in "Groundhog Day"? It was just his time...knowing that and when people in your life would die, would be hard to take. Unless you're talking about starting with a clean slate?

Yeah, that was one of my favorite movies!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, May 2, 2016 at 11:09:49 AM UTC-5, philo wrote:
[...]

We're about the same age but truthfully, I'd be satisfied with new knees and shoulders. There is so much that I could and want to do. It's very frustrating for me to be off my feet. I'm fighting it and slowly coming back. In February of 2015 I couldn't even stand up but I moving around more and more.. I'll try to get one of your books when I can. I've already spread the word. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Gimpy Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, May 2, 2016 at 11:27:59 AM UTC-5, wrote:
On Mon, 2 May 2016 11:09:45 -0500, philo wrote:

I'm 65 and though closer to death, would not want to go back.

Once was enough.

If I could start, knowing what I know now, I would be happy to do it
again.

It's our job to envy the young but hopefully we can get them to listen to us so they don't make the same mistakes we did. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Old Monster

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 05/02/2016 11:39 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:

snip
I think most young people are great and I love their energy. Dammit, I wish I was 40 years younger. Oh yea, the guy who did the video is very talented. I'm impressed. o_O

[8~{} Uncle Worn-out Monster

I'm 65 and though closer to death, would not want to go back.

Once was enough.

We're about the same age but truthfully, I'd be satisfied with new knees and shoulders. There is so much that I could and want to do. It's very frustrating for me to be off my feet. I'm fighting it and slowly coming back. In February of 2015 I couldn't even stand up but I moving around more and more. I'll try to get one of your books when I can. I've already spread the word. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Gimpy Monster

Thank you so much...I am expecting the first shipment of books today,
this is very exciting and I guarantee you will love the book.

Is there anything that can be done about your knees and shoulders or is
that it?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, May 2, 2016 at 1:10:07 PM UTC-5, philo wrote:
[...]

Well I had some problems with venous stasis in my lower legs and the orthopedic surgeon feared I could lose my legs if I got knee replacements. I had high blood sugar at one time but it went away when I lost over 100 lbs but I'm stuck with the damage high blood sugar did to me. Ultrasound tests have shown my legs have good circulation now and the ulcers are healing. If you send me an Email, I can send a link that will show what I'm going through. You're great guy Mr.P and I really want one of your books. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Ultra Monster

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, May 2, 2016 at 1:47:34 PM UTC-5, philo wrote:
On 05/02/2016 01:30 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Monday, May 2, 2016 at 1:10:07 PM UTC-5, philo wrote:
On 05/02/2016 11:39 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:

snip
I think most young people are great and I love their energy. Dammit, I wish I was 40 years younger. Oh yea, the guy who did the video is very talented. I'm impressed. o_O

OK sent

Thanks, I got your Email and sent a reply. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Mail Monster