Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Getting Stoned on JB-Weld

Have the idiot young people found a way to get stoned on JB-Weld?
Apparently so. I bought some at Walmart, and it was my only purchase, so
I decided to endure the "self checkout" (I hate those things). I scanned
the package and it said I must be at least 18 years old to purchase.

So much for a speedy checkout. 15 minutes later I finally got someone to
agree that I was over 18, so I could finish checking out. (Now you know
why I hate those self checkouts).

Anyhow, how do the idiot kids use JB-Weld to get stoned? Do they eat it,
smoke it, inject it, or what? I doubt sniffing it would do anything, it
dont have much of an odor.....

Maybe what they should do, is use it to glue their brains to their
assholes..... Oh, never mind, that wont work, todays youth dont have any
brains!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 30 Apr 2016 05:00:43 -0500
wrote:

15 minutes later I finally got

That is a bunch of bull**** you tell
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, April 30, 2016 at 6:00:55 AM UTC-4, wrote:
Have the idiot young people found a way to get stoned on JB-Weld?
Apparently so. I bought some at Walmart, and it was my only purchase, so
I decided to endure the "self checkout" (I hate those things). I scanned
the package and it said I must be at least 18 years old to purchase.

So much for a speedy checkout. 15 minutes later I finally got someone to
agree that I was over 18, so I could finish checking out. (Now you know
why I hate those self checkouts).

15 minutes? Please explain what went on in those 15 minutes. Did it take 15 minutes because
no employee was available to help you? Did it take 15 minutes for them to review your
identification? What exactly transpired in those 15 minutes?

Anyhow, how do the idiot kids use JB-Weld to get stoned? Do they eat it,
smoke it, inject it, or what? I doubt sniffing it would do anything, it
dont have much of an odor.....

What does odor have to do with it? Carbon monoxide has no odor but it certainly
does something when you "sniff it".

....generalized rantings snipped...

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

***They needed translator because they having problem reading English.

What does odor have to do with it? Carbon monoxide has no odor but it
certainly
does something when you "sniff it".

....generalized rantings snipped...

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

Epoxy is not out gassing anything toxic or psychoactive. This is just
an over abundance of caution on the part of Walmart's lawyers. It is
"glue" so they don't want to take a chance that someone might sniff
it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

Ya know, I just realized that JB-Weld is what dopers can use to make bongs or crack pipes. O_o

[8~{} Uncle Cracked Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

I know that. I was responding to the Paint Meister who seems to think that odorless
substances "won't do anything" if sniffed. If that were true, we wouldn't need CO
detectors.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

The MSDS says
Inhalation
No known significant effects or critical hazards
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

Again, you seem to be missing the point of my response.

I was not referring to any specific substance. I was responding to a
specific *comment* from Paint. (If you don't associate the "it" with
JB Weld, you should be able to see what I was trying to say.)

Paint said:

"I doubt sniffing it would do anything, it dont have much of an odor"

That statement seems to imply that Paint believes that *any* substance without
an odor won't have any effect on the sniffer. As I tried to point out, CO
"dont (sic) have much an odor" but it would certainly do something if you
sniffed it. Many substances that "dont (sic) have much an odor" should not
not sniffed.

i.e. As a general statement, "odorless" does not mean "won't do anything".
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 1 May 2016 07:47:48 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03
wrote:

The MSDS says
Inhalation
No known significant effects or critical hazards

Again, you seem to be missing the point of my response.

Excuse me for trying to stay on topic. Carry on.