Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Any way to stop no-see-ums from walking through screens?

No-see-ums, midges, come right through the screens in our screened in
porch ... and bite! This happens yearly, late April through June, at
which time, they seem to disappear. Anyone have any luck with spraying
the screens with some type of deterrent?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, April 28, 2016 at 9:33:33 AM UTC-5, Art Todesco wrote:

No-see-ums, midges, come right through the screens in our screened in
porch ... and bite! This happens yearly, late April through June, at
which time, they seem to disappear. Anyone have any luck with spraying
the screens with some type of deterrent?

Try spraying the screens with Yard Guard mosquito fogger.
The stuff stays poisonous to critters for at least 6 months.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 28 Apr 2016 10:33:28 -0400, Art Todesco
wrote:

No-see-ums, midges, come right through the screens in our screened in
porch ... and bite! This happens yearly, late April through June, at
which time, they seem to disappear. Anyone have any luck with spraying
the screens with some type of deterrent?

If you re-screen 30 mesh screen stops them.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

No-see-ums, midges, come right through the screens in our screened in
porch ... and bite! This happens yearly, late April through June, at
which time, they seem to disappear. Anyone have any luck with spraying
the screens with some type of deterrent?

If you re-screen 30 mesh screen stops them.

http://www.phifer.com/consumerdiy/product/60/no-seeums-20x20-mesh-insect-screen#
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

No-see-ums, midges, come right through the screens in our screened in
porch ... and bite! This happens yearly, late April through June, at
which time, they seem to disappear. Anyone have any luck with spraying
the screens with some type of deterrent?

If you re-screen 30 mesh screen stops them.

yep, better than the toxic solution

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

No-see-ums, midges, come right through the screens in our screened in
porch ... and bite! This happens yearly, late April through June, at
which time, they seem to disappear. Anyone have any luck with spraying
the screens with some type of deterrent?

If you re-screen 30 mesh screen stops them.

yep, better than the toxic solution

The problem is rescreening can easily get up in the 4 figures. It is
typically ~$100 a panel. That can be more for the roof pieces
depending on how they have to get up there.

Walking CW[_8_] Woodworking 35 August 8th 12 03:32 AM
laptop * walking-off * john east[_3_] UK diy 98 April 30th 12 08:13 PM
outside stop cock doesn't stop water when turned. Clare UK diy 13 July 19th 09 06:37 PM
Walking recliner Make it stop metspitzer Home Repair 2 August 27th 08 10:51 PM
O/T: Walking Lew Hodgett Woodworking 0 January 13th 08 12:06 AM