Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Filling a PVC pipe to make a stronger outdoor shower rod. Need help.

On Monday, April 15, 2002 at 7:18:01 AM UTC-4, John Gordon (Home) wrote:
I know it sounds nuts, but for constructing an outdoor shower/potty
enclosure frame that will attach to our popup camper, I've decided to use
sch 40 PVC pipe and fittings to build the rectangular frame that I need to
hang the curtains from.

The problem is that even though this frame will be fairly small (3'x7'), it
will still be somewhat flexible, and I'd like to find something that I could
pour/squirt into it during assembly that would set/dry/cure to stiffen and
strengthen the frame. I was thinking nonshrink grout, or mortar mix, or
possibly expanding foam...

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,
--
John Gordon

on a 2" PVC insert a length of EMT / MEtal Electrical Conduit, Maybe 1/2", center it inside the PVC pipe and fill it up with expansion foam. It will be nice, solid and a little flexible so that it can take stress...
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, April 18, 2016 at 6:34:20 PM UTC-5, wrote:
[...]

These people may have passed from the planet...this is 14 yrs old!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, April 18, 2016 at 7:38:34 PM UTC-4, bob_villain wrote:
[...]

Aside from that, I don't see how you easily fill a 7 foot long pipe
with expanding foam. A short one, yes.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, April 19, 2016 at 8:42:52 AM UTC-4, trader_4 wrote:
[...]

I guess that depends on your definition of "easily".

There are a pourable expanding foams, e.g.

http://www.reynoldsam.com/product/fo...FdRZhgodOFME9A

If the picture is accurate, it sure wouldn't take much to fill a 7 foot
pipe.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, April 19, 2016 at 11:02:49 AM UTC-4, Bob F wrote:

Just put a properly sized wood dowel into it.

Or a chunk of rebar. It comes in 1/8th inch increments so you should find a size that fits snugly.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, April 19, 2016 at 9:12:27 AM UTC-4, DerbyDad03 wrote:
[...]

I can see it working if you get the pourable type. I've never seen
it in local stores, so I was thinking of the typical spray can type.