Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Auto Question: What are these shock absorber-like things called

On a pickup truck topper, there are those two things that hold up the
rear window. They look like small shock absorbers. I need to replace
mine, because they wont hold the window up anymore. But I am not sure
what to ask for at the parts store. What are they called? I was gonna
google it, but not sure what words to use for that either.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, April 15, 2016 at 6:52:09 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On a pickup truck topper, there are those two things that hold up the
rear window. They look like small shock absorbers. I need to replace
mine, because they wont hold the window up anymore. But I am not sure
what to ask for at the parts store. What are they called? I was gonna
google it, but not sure what words to use for that either.

http://www.autozone.com/collision-bo...e/lift-support
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 15 Apr 2016 19:03:02 -0500, "Terry Coombs"

On a pickup truck topper, there are those two things that hold up the
rear window. They look like small shock absorbers. I need to replace
mine, because they wont hold the window up anymore. But I am not sure
what to ask for at the parts store. What are they called? I was gonna
google it, but not sure what words to use for that either.

Gas springs

Do not feed this troll, please.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/15/2016 11:31 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
Gas struts.
Mine just cost me $25 each Canadian from my local camping/trailer
dealer. From NAPA they were over 30.

That's it! It was in the back of my mind and I just couldn't pull it out. Gas Struts. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Strutting Monster

Time for UM to insert a potty joke, seeing as the
OP is suffering gas struts distress?

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

Oren posted for all of us...

On Fri, 15 Apr 2016 19:03:02 -0500, "Terry Coombs"

On a pickup truck topper, there are those two things that hold up the
rear window. They look like small shock absorbers. I need to replace
mine, because they wont hold the window up anymore. But I am not sure
what to ask for at the parts store. What are they called? I was gonna
google it, but not sure what words to use for that either.

Gas springs

Do not feed this troll, please.

+100 I am surprised he even mentioned Goggle. Heaven forbid he actually use
it and learn something.

--
Tekkie

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, April 16, 2016 at 7:33:17 AM UTC-4, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 4/15/2016 10:50 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
On Fri, 15 Apr 2016 19:39:57 -0500, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

On 4/15/2016 8:27 PM, Oren wrote:
On Fri, 15 Apr 2016 19:03:02 -0500, "Terry Coombs"

On a pickup truck topper, there are those two things that hold up the
rear window. They look like small shock absorbers. I need to replace
mine, because they wont hold the window up anymore. But I am not sure
what to ask for at the parts store. What are they called? I was gonna
google it, but not sure what words to use for that either.

Gas springs

Do not feed this troll, please.

Well, it is a bit OT for home repair. But, that
(above) description should result in the correct
parts. Most parts counter guys are good at
translating customer speak to part name.

Their jobs should be a bit ea[Yes, I've used

my pocket digicam to take pictures of what I want. And
often the store people find the images useful.]
sier these days with cameras
in a lot of peoples' pockets.

.
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus
.
www.lds.org
.
.

Center posted, as your comment was.

I see that you are still having trouble with the in-line response concept.
May I offer some assistance?

In-line comments are not typically placed in the middle of a wo...rd, nor
are they typically enclosed in [square brackets].

If you want to start a new convention (splitting wo...rds and using [square
brackets]), that's fine, but please don't end your posts with the phrase
"as your comment was".

No one else is doing it like you do, so "as your comment was" doesn't fit
very well.

Helpfully yours,

DerbyDad03