Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Has anyone bought those "Ever Brite" lights (TV Ad)

This is one of the few of those Tv commercials that looks like something
I'd consider buying. But I never order anything by mail (especially at
$14 shipping). I'm sure they will be at Walmart and other stores soon.

I'm wondering if they have any real brightness, and the sensor works as
it should. I seriously doubt the self adhesive will last long (it never
does), but there appears to be a screw hole in them.

No, I'm not advertising them....
But here is their URL.

https://www.buyeverbrite.com/

If you have them, are they any good?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 13 Apr 2016 00:14:34 -0400, wrote:

This is one of the few of those Tv commercials that looks like something
I'd consider buying. But I never order anything by mail (especially at
$14 shipping). I'm sure they will be at Walmart and other stores soon.

I'm wondering if they have any real brightness, and the sensor works as
it should. I seriously doubt the self adhesive will last long (it never
does), but there appears to be a screw hole in them.

No, I'm not advertising them....
But here is their URL.

https://www.buyeverbrite.com/

If you have them, are they any good?

I don't know about this particular one but the usual flaw in these
cheap lights is the battery. They use a small Ni-Cad and they will not
last long the way they are charged and discharged.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

This is one of the few of those Tv commercials that looks like something
I'd consider buying. But I never order anything by mail (especially at
$14 shipping). I'm sure they will be at Walmart and other stores soon.

I'm wondering if they have any real brightness, and the sensor works as
it should. I seriously doubt the self adhesive will last long (it never
does), but there appears to be a screw hole in them.

No, I'm not advertising them....
But here is their URL.

https://www.buyeverbrite.com/

If you have them, are they any good?

I don't know about this particular one but the usual flaw in these
cheap lights is the battery. They use a small Ni-Cad and they will not
last long the way they are charged and discharged.

I'm impressed the listed the shipping charges,
in a way that's easy to find. It would be good
to know if they are bright enough to be useful.

Someone good with modification can put in battery
holder and AA or sub C NiMH cells.

Peel and stick worries me, the glue promptly
dries up and the unit falls down.

Friend of mine liked the Light Angel.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/2718842...chn=ps&lpid=82

I don't have one, can't comment. But he liked them.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 04/12/2016 11:14 PM, wrote:

[snip]

https://www.buyeverbrite.com/

I wish those sites wouldn't start playing sound.

If you have them, are they any good?

I haven't used one of THOSE lights, but it reminds me of the solar
lights I've had. They were very dim, and the batteries failed quickly.
I'd put in better batteries and those still wouldn't last very long.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"Meaning is a human construct, and therefore I can assign life whatever
meaning I wish." - Peter Berger, in aa

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/13/2016 2:03 PM, Mark Lloyd wrote:

I haven't used one of THOSE lights, but it reminds me of the solar
lights I've had. They were very dim, and the batteries failed quickly.
I'd put in better batteries and those still wouldn't last very long.

Makes me wonder if the charge circuit is
unregulated? Might be drying out the
batteries. Electrolysis.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, April 13, 2016 at 6:29:23 AM UTC-4, SBH wrote:
On 4/13/2016 12:14 AM, wrote:
This is one of the few of those Tv commercials that looks like something
I'd consider buying. But I never order anything by mail (especially at
$14 shipping). I'm sure they will be at Walmart and other stores soon.

I'm wondering if they have any real brightness, and the sensor works as
it should. I seriously doubt the self adhesive will last long (it never
does), but there appears to be a screw hole in them.

No, I'm not advertising them....
But here is their URL.

https://www.buyeverbrite.com/

If you have them, are they any good?

I can't speak for the actual item you posted but I did buy 4 of these

http://www.amazon.com/Spotlight-Wire...380_em_2p_1_im

I was surprised at the brightness and how well they work. After 5 winter
months, they are still going strong.

Just as an aside, I had 2 "weatherproof" lights go bad within a year
until I determined that it was the mounting location. The fixture is
mounted under the eave of a small shed (no gutters) but extends past
the edge of the roof. I guess the water running off of the roof and
cascading over the fixture is too much for it to handle. The same style
fixture, mounted out in the open on a wall, has no such issues.

I slipped a piece of plexiglass under the first row of shingles to direct
the water over and around the fixture and the 3rd one has lasted for 3
years.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Bravo! Great detective work.

..
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus
.. www.lds.org
..
..

On 4/13/2016 3:57 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

I can't speak for the actual item you posted but I did buy 4 of these

http://www.amazon.com/Spotlight-Wire...380_em_2p_1_im

I was surprised at the brightness and how well they work. After 5 winter
months, they are still going strong.

Just as an aside, I had 2 "weatherproof" lights go bad within a year
until I determined that it was the mounting location. The fixture is
mounted under the eave of a small shed (no gutters) but extends past
the edge of the roof. I guess the water running off of the roof and
cascading over the fixture is too much for it to handle. The same style
fixture, mounted out in the open on a wall, has no such issues.

I slipped a piece of plexiglass under the first row of shingles to direct
the water over and around the fixture and the 3rd one has lasted for 3
years.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 13 Apr 2016 17:13:13 -0400, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

Bravo! Great detective work.

You broke your sig delimiter line in the reply. And top posted. Get
with the program and learn to interweave.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Oren posted for all of us...

wrote:

Bravo! Great detective work.

You broke your sig delimiter line in the reply. And top posted. Get
with the program and learn to interweave.

Haw, him get with the program? ROTFL After 20 years of his ****e you expect
him to change? Ho ho ho. His majik undies will save him.

--
Tekkie