Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Climate change

(ANN Topeka) The Kansas Department of the Interior, Office of
Technology released a study today on the effect of climate change on
Kansas agriculture. Dr. Merrill Crawford, chairman of the committee
project summarized the report and said that within the next 75 years,
Kansas will no longer be able to grow the same quantify of corn that
it does now. "This is unfortunate, of course, but we think we can
replace much of the corn acreage with pineapple, which will do very
well in the new climate."
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 09 Apr 2016 17:36:15 -0400, Micky wrote:

(ANN Topeka) The Kansas Department of the Interior, Office of
Technology released a study today on the effect of climate change on
Kansas agriculture. Dr. Merrill Crawford, chairman of the committee
project summarized the report and said that within the next 75 years,
Kansas will no longer be able to grow the same quantify of corn that
it does now. "This is unfortunate, of course, but we think we can
replace much of the corn acreage with pineapple, which will do very
well in the new climate."

Why start a new thread? There's already one named "Global warming is our greatest threat." Don't be afraid to contribute to
that one. Or are you?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 09 Apr 2016 16:36:15 -0500, Micky
wrote:

(ANN Topeka) The Kansas Department of the Interior, Office of
Technology released a study today on the effect of climate change on
Kansas agriculture. Dr. Merrill Crawford, chairman of the committee
project summarized the report and said that within the next 75 years,
Kansas will no longer be able to grow the same quantify of corn that
it does now. "This is unfortunate, of course, but we think we can
replace much of the corn acreage with pineapple, which will do very
well in the new climate."

Kansas is 7th in corn production, producing about 1/4 as much
corn as Iowa. Iowa farmers will just have to use fence stretchers
to make their farms a bit bigger to make up the difference.
http://alturl.com/eqcj3 or
http://beef2live.com/story-states-produce-corn-0-107129

?? The original report wasn't dated 4/1 by chance??

Posted to alt.home.repair

Gordon Shumway wrote: "- show quoted text -
Why start a new thread? There's already one named "Global warming is our greatest threat." Don't be afraid to contribute to
that one. Or are you? "

At least this thread is titled properly.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 9 Apr 2016 17:12:31 -0700, "Bob F"
wrote:

Nope. It's not labeled "OT". It has nothing to do with this groups topic.

Climate changed in the Mojave Desert today. It rained most of the day.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

(ANN Topeka) The Kansas Department of the Interior, Office of
Technology released a study today on the effect of climate change on
Kansas agriculture. Dr. Merrill Crawford, chairman of the committee
project summarized the report and said that within the next 75 years,
Kansas will no longer be able to grow the same quantify of corn that
it does now. "This is unfortunate, of course, but we think we can
replace much of the corn acreage with pineapple, which will do very
well in the new climate."

Sounds like bull**** to me. We grow corn in Florida
Posted to alt.home.repair

| (ANN Topeka) The Kansas Department of the Interior, Office of
| Technology released a study today on the effect of climate change on
| Kansas agriculture. Dr. Merrill Crawford, chairman of the committee
| project summarized the report and said that within the next 75 years,
| Kansas will no longer be able to grow the same quantify of corn that
| it does now. "This is unfortunate, of course, but we think we can
| replace much of the corn acreage with pineapple, which will do very
| well in the new climate."

I expect that's the least of their problems. They've
been depleting the aquifer for decades now. It
probably won't be long before not much of anything
can be grown in Kansas. Like fossil fuels and
anti-biotics, we just happen to be living through
a brief Golden Age of Midwest farming that's simply
not sustainable.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Politicians won't hesitate to blame global warming

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 9 Apr 2016 22:42:06 -0400, "Mayayana"
wrote:

| (ANN Topeka) The Kansas Department of the Interior, Office of
| Technology released a study today on the effect of climate change on
| Kansas agriculture. Dr. Merrill Crawford, chairman of the committee
| project summarized the report and said that within the next 75 years,
| Kansas will no longer be able to grow the same quantify of corn that
| it does now. "This is unfortunate, of course, but we think we can
| replace much of the corn acreage with pineapple, which will do very
| well in the new climate."

I expect that's the least of their problems. They've
been depleting the aquifer for decades now. It
probably won't be long before not much of anything
can be grown in Kansas. Like fossil fuels and
anti-biotics, we just happen to be living through
a brief Golden Age of Midwest farming that's simply
not sustainable.

That is true and we are going to run out of water far sooner than we
run out of oil. It is not just the Ogalalla in the mid west, a big
part of the dispute in the West Bank as about water and in South Asia
water may end up being a bigger problem than any other thing.

People say we will just desalinate sea water and that might work for
drinking but it is nowhere near viable for agriculture.
The sad thing is the biggest agricultural crop in this country, using
as much water as they do growing corn is the lawn in front of most
people's houses and on their golf courses. Nobody eats any of it.
We either let it rot where cut it or bag it and pay to have it hauled
away.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

(ANN Topeka) The Kansas Department of the Interior, Office of
Technology released a study today on the effect of climate change on
Kansas agriculture. Dr. Merrill Crawford, chairman of the committee
project summarized the report and said that within the next 75 years,
Kansas will no longer be able to grow the same quantify of corn that
it does now. "This is unfortunate, of course, but we think we can
replace much of the corn acreage with pineapple, which will do very
well in the new climate."

Sounds like bull**** to me. We grow corn in Florida

The morticians must be really busy picking up bodies of construction
workers and farmers in some countries. A White House science advisor says
it will be impossible to be outside at times soon due to global warming.

From CNS http://alturl.com/33cjd or
http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/wh-science-advisor-farmers-construction-workers-will-die-climate-change
Warning. CNS is one of those whacko, nut case, gun totin', kook
websites. Some of them might even be
Christians.

Posted to alt.home.repair

From CNS http://alturl.com/33cjd or
http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/wh-science-advisor-farmers-construction-workers-will-die-climate-change
Warning. CNS is one of those whacko, nut case, gun totin', kook
websites. Some of them might even be
Christians.

There is a hell of a lot of construction going on in Florida and the
predictions do not make it much hotter here, even in the globe does
warm. The effect will be in the northern latitudes.
Certainly it will affect those who can't stand to work outside when it
is over 80 but they will adapt or they will be programmers. Plenty of
the construction workers here came from the north although the most
productive seemed to come up from the south.
Posted to alt.home.repair

| There is a hell of a lot of construction going on in Florida and the
| predictions do not make it much hotter here, even in the globe does
| warm. The effect will be in the northern latitudes.

Yes. Florida has other problems to worry
about, like disappearing under water. Though
it's hard to get a realistic idea about that. I
remember reading *many* years ago that a
2" sea level rise would result in water percolating
up through the soil in much of Florida, because
it's not much more that a big sandbar. But isn't
the rise alreay 1+"? Now the talk is of 6-40 feet
sea level rise by 2100. Does Miami go the way
of Atlantis with 2"? 1'? 4'? The numbers I've heard
over time have been all over the place. First 2"
would drown Florida. Then 6' would "be a big
problem" for NYC and Boston. I'm not surprised
that the global warming deniers are so stubborn:
The quasi-science of global warming seems to be
almost as reactive as the denier mindset. It might
help if the scientists would try to stick to facts
and avoid dramatic speculation.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2016-04-09, Micky wrote:
(ANN Topeka) The Kansas Department of the Interior, Office of
Technology released a study today on the effect of climate change on
Kansas agriculture. Dr. Merrill Crawford, chairman of the committee
project summarized the report and said that within the next 75 years,
Kansas will no longer be able to grow the same quantify of corn that
it does now. "This is unfortunate, of course, but we think we can
replace much of the corn acreage with pineapple, which will do very
well in the new climate."

In the space of one hundred and seventy-six years the Mississippi has
shortened itself two hundred and forty-two miles. Therefore ... in the
Old Silurian Period the Mississippi River was upward of one million
three hundred thousand miles long ... seven hundred and forty-two years
from now the Mississippi will be only a mile and three-quarters long.
.... There is something fascinating about science. One gets such
wholesome returns of conjecture out of such a trifling investment of
fact.
-- Mark Twain

NSA sedition and treason -- http://www.DeathToNSAthugs.com

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Mayayana" wrote in message
| There is a hell of a lot of construction going on in Florida and the
| predictions do not make it much hotter here, even in the globe does
| warm. The effect will be in the northern latitudes.

Yes. Florida has other problems to worry
about, like disappearing under water. Though
it's hard to get a realistic idea about that. I
remember reading *many* years ago that a
2" sea level rise would result in water percolating
up through the soil in much of Florida, because
it's not much more that a big sandbar. But isn't
the rise alreay 1+"? Now the talk is of 6-40 feet
sea level rise by 2100. Does Miami go the way
of Atlantis with 2"? 1'? 4'? The numbers I've heard
over time have been all over the place. First 2"
would drown Florida. Then 6' would "be a big
problem" for NYC and Boston. I'm not surprised
that the global warming deniers are so stubborn:
The quasi-science of global warming seems to be
almost as reactive as the denier mindset. It might
help if the scientists would try to stick to facts
and avoid dramatic speculation.

Atlantis? old time climate change?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 10 Apr 2016 11:32:23 -0400, "Mayayana"
wrote:

| There is a hell of a lot of construction going on in Florida and the
| predictions do not make it much hotter here, even in the globe does
| warm. The effect will be in the northern latitudes.

Yes. Florida has other problems to worry
about, like disappearing under water. Though
it's hard to get a realistic idea about that. I
remember reading *many* years ago that a
2" sea level rise would result in water percolating
up through the soil in much of Florida, because
it's not much more that a big sandbar. But isn't
the rise alreay 1+"? Now the talk is of 6-40 feet
sea level rise by 2100. Does Miami go the way
of Atlantis with 2"? 1'? 4'? The numbers I've heard
over time have been all over the place. First 2"
would drown Florida. Then 6' would "be a big
problem" for NYC and Boston. I'm not surprised
that the global warming deniers are so stubborn:
The quasi-science of global warming seems to be
almost as reactive as the denier mindset. It might
help if the scientists would try to stick to facts
and avoid dramatic speculation.

We are talking about what would happen in 100 years if nothing
changes, either in reality or in the projections.
A lot of things can happen in 100 years.
Even a fairly small nuclear war would cool the planet to a point where
freezing the crops in Florida would be more of a worry than an inch of
sea level rise.
The war might be over water.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 09 Apr 2016 17:31:15 -0500, Gordon Shumway
wrote:

On Sat, 09 Apr 2016 17:36:15 -0400, Micky wrote:

(ANN Topeka) The Kansas Department of the Interior, Office of
Technology released a study today on the effect of climate change on
Kansas agriculture. Dr. Merrill Crawford, chairman of the committee
project summarized the report and said that within the next 75 years,
Kansas will no longer be able to grow the same quantify of corn that
it does now. "This is unfortunate, of course, but we think we can
replace much of the corn acreage with pineapple, which will do very
well in the new climate."

Why start a new thread? There's already one named "Global warming is our greatest threat." Don't be afraid to contribute to
that one. Or are you?

I'm trembling in my boots. Or more likely, I didn't see the other
thread.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Micky" wrote in message
(ANN Topeka) The Kansas Department of the Interior, Office of
Technology released a study today on the effect of climate change on
Kansas agriculture. Dr. Merrill Crawford, chairman of the committee
project summarized the report and said that within the next 75 years,
Kansas will no longer be able to grow the same quantify of corn that
it does now. "This is unfortunate, of course, but we think we can
replace much of the corn acreage with pineapple, which will do very
well in the new climate."

It will grow much more, due to scientific advances in growing techniques and
corn strains.

And by then we will have stopped wasting food as an energy source.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On Sat, 09 Apr 2016 17:36:15 -0400, Micky wrote:

(ANN Topeka) The Kansas Department of the Interior, Office of
Technology released a study today on the effect of climate change on
Kansas agriculture. Dr. Merrill Crawford, chairman of the committee
project summarized the report and said that within the next 75 years,
Kansas will no longer be able to grow the same quantify of corn that
it does now. "This is unfortunate, of course, but we think we can
replace much of the corn acreage with pineapple, which will do very
well in the new climate."

Why start a new thread? There's already one named "Global warming is our greatest threat." Don't be afraid to contribute to
that one. Or are you?

I'm trembling in my boots. Or more likely, I didn't see the other
thread.

I could believe your first statement. I doubt your second statement.
Posted to alt.home.repair

| We are talking about what would happen in 100 years if nothing
| changes, either in reality or in the projections.

No, we're talking about what's already
happening.

http://www.wired.com/2015/02/rising-...-floods-worse/

| Even a fairly small nuclear war would cool the planet to a point where
| freezing the crops in Florida would be more of a worry than an inch of
| sea level rise.

That's a good point. I don't know about nuclear
war, but a very large volcano could mean that
global warming saves us rather than harming.
Could, maybe. But it's more likely that South
Florida and coastal Florida will become an
undesirable place to live in just the next decade.

Hopefully it's not Florida logic to hope for
a nuclear war to cool things off.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 10 Apr 2016 17:55:49 -0400, "Mayayana"
wrote:

| We are talking about what would happen in 100 years if nothing
| changes, either in reality or in the projections.

No, we're talking about what's already
happening.

http://www.wired.com/2015/02/rising-...-floods-worse/

That is just flatland bull**** sold to people who want to believe.
I have "sea level" under my boat dock in SW Florida and a pier that
has not moved in 20 years. I know when sea level goes up and down with
the tides and I know when it is at it's highest.
There is no significant change and certainly in fractions of an inch.
Do you really need me to point you to tide stage monitor data?
or DAFGS

Bull**** unless you just mean the influx of yankee baby boomers.

Hopefully it's not Florida logic to hope for
a nuclear war to cool things off.

Not at all ... but as likely as the global warming scenarios.
I said before, we will run out of water long before we run out of oil
or succumb to global warming although that might accelerate the water
problem ... but that is still the problem.
It all comes back to there are still too many people on this rock. CO2
tracks population as closely as any other metric for at least 8000
years.

War, famine, disease. The long term solution is to get us back around
2 billion people.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 10 Apr 2016 18:14:29 -0400, wrote:

http://www.wired.com/2015/02/rising-...-floods-worse/

That is just flatland bull**** sold to people who want to believe.

I loved living in Miami Dade County as like Ft. Lauderdale. Back
decades ago. Nice climate changes.

"Will the Last American leaving Miami Please Bring The Flag"
Posted to alt.home.repair

Genesis 9:7 wrote:
On 04/10/2016 07:23 AM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
We've hopefully learned from the Texans' experience with groundwater.
Nebraska has Natural Resources Districts in place to monitor such
things. There are areas where no new irrigation is permitted. Irrigation
wells have water meters at least in my area. There will be
rationing if groundwaters levels drop below a certain point. A
farmer will be permitted to use X amount over a three year period. I
betcha dollars to donuts Kansas has
something similar. Different irrigation methods, crop rotation,
conservation tillage, and more drought resistant crops all help. Then
there is the money issue. Will that last irrigation make
money? Farmers could go back to dryland farming in a worst case
scenario. There's hardly any irrigation in Illinois and Iowa. They
consistently raise the most corn.

The religious nutters won't like it but Earth needs to restrict
population growth. I guess that will occur naturally when we run out of
food.

Beware of the religious gun nutters! They will be stocking up on ammo
to guard their tomatoes.

You should probably worry more about the claymores .

--
Snag

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Nope. It's not labeled "OT". It has nothing to do with this groups topic.

Climate changed in the Mojave Desert today. It rained most of the day.

All I know about the place is that it's called a desert, but that
really doesn't sound normal.

I wonder how much rain it takes before more plants than usual grow.

Posted to alt.home.repair

| I said before, we will run out of water long before we run out of oil
| or succumb to global warming although that might accelerate the water
| problem ... but that is still the problem.

Maybe for you. According to the Wired article your
ground water is getting polluted by sea water as ocean
levels rise. And there are droughts in the West. And
the aquifers in the bread basket are a one-time bonus
that's nearly depleted. And retirees in the Southwest have
been living on bottled water for decades.

In New England it's likely to be the other
way around. We have plenty of water and expect more
with global warming. Our problems are more likely to
be extreme species strain, as we move up one or two
temperature zones. But water shouldn't be a problem.
So order now before I put the price up.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 11 Apr 2016 10:49:01 -0400, "Mayayana"
wrote:

| I said before, we will run out of water long before we run out of oil
| or succumb to global warming although that might accelerate the water
| problem ... but that is still the problem.

Maybe for you. According to the Wired article your
ground water is getting polluted by sea water as ocean
levels rise. And there are droughts in the West. And
the aquifers in the bread basket are a one-time bonus
that's nearly depleted. And retirees in the Southwest have
been living on bottled water for decades.

That has absolutely nothing to do with climate change. We are getting
salt water intrusion because hey are drawing down the aquifer faster
than it can be recharged. The same thing is happening in the ogallala
but they don't have the sea backfilling into it. That may have as much
to do with the mystery earth quakes as fracking. In Florida, the
inland aquifers that are drained, become sink holes.
The static water level in my well has gone from truly artesian to 32'
down in 30 years.

When the salt content gets to the point that it kills the grass, we
will not be using as much water. That is where most of the water goes.
Bottled water is more about taste. Florida water always sucked.
(sulfur, high mineral content etc). You either get used to it, you get
an R/O that most of us have or you buy bottled water.

In New England it's likely to be the other
way around. We have plenty of water and expect more
with global warming. Our problems are more likely to
be extreme species strain, as we move up one or two
temperature zones. But water shouldn't be a problem.
So order now before I put the price up.

You may start seeing different animals but it won't happen in either
of our lifetimes. We are still talking about things that will happen
in 100 years or more ... assuming nothing changes and that the models
are right.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 11 Apr 2016 09:49:51 -0500, VinnyB
wrote:

MAN-MADE climate warming/change is junk science used by big-government
tax and spend politicians and special interest groups to justify
massive new taxes and government control

I don't doubt that man has caused CO2 levels to rise but it has
tracked population growth for the last 8000 years.

Posted to alt.home.repair

| You may start seeing different animals but it won't happen in either
| of our lifetimes. We are still talking about things that will happen
| in 100 years or more ... assuming nothing changes and that the models
| are right.

That's already happening, though I'm not
sure any of it has to do with global warming.
The latest import is stinkbugs. There are moths
killing the maple trees. Grasshoppers and
bumblebees were plentiful when I was young.
Now I see neither, but carpenter bees have
moved in. The monarchs have all but disappeared.
That's said to be mainly caused by loss of
habitat on their migration route. We have
hummingbirds now, which we didn't used to. We're
getting occasional bears in Metro Boston while
we have opposums, wild turkeys and woodchucks
in our yard. I never saw any of those animals when
I was young. But that, too, may have nothing
to do with warming. Maybe it's loss of woods? I
don't know.

My personal experience is not so much of warming
but of erratic climate as compared to 50 years ago.
One Winter's cold, the next isn't. This Winter
we've had -15F and 65F. I don't remember either
of those extremes when I was young. But one
thing I'm certain of: I used to play pond hockey
from December through to March when I was
in high school. These days the ponds rarely freeze.
There's no place to skate in the Boston area except
commercial rinks. Yet 100 years ago, before
refrigerators, we were a big exporter of block ice
cut from local ponds.

That also affects my work. When I started my
business in 1985 I would never expect to be
able to work outside after about the first week of
November. It was just too cold. Paint wouldn't
dry. Fingers couldn't work without gloves. Below
freezing was just too cold for being out all day.
I had to plan jobs accordingly. Today I don't rule out
anything. January/February is iffy, but an extended
warm spell is not unusual even in those months. And
if it's up around 45F there's no reason I can't work
outside.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 11 Apr 2016 12:30:43 -0400, "Mayayana"
wrote:

| You may start seeing different animals but it won't happen in either
| of our lifetimes. We are still talking about things that will happen
| in 100 years or more ... assuming nothing changes and that the models
| are right.

That's already happening, though I'm not
sure any of it has to do with global warming.
The latest import is stinkbugs. There are moths
killing the maple trees. Grasshoppers and
bumblebees were plentiful when I was young.
Now I see neither, but carpenter bees have
moved in. The monarchs have all but disappeared.
That's said to be mainly caused by loss of
habitat on their migration route. We have
hummingbirds now, which we didn't used to. We're
getting occasional bears in Metro Boston while
we have opposums, wild turkeys and woodchucks
in our yard. I never saw any of those animals when
I was young. But that, too, may have nothing
to do with warming. Maybe it's loss of woods? I
don't know.

Colony collapse has been happening for a long time and less hysterical
people are blaming it in a particular mite, insecticides and other
more rational things. Bees do just fine in hot climates.
Invasive insects are more the result of the global economy than global
warming. Again, this is nothing new, it is just worse now that we have
containerized freight coming here from all over the world.
The increase of wildlife in urban areas may have more to do with the
decline of hunting than anything else. Again, nothing new. I have seen
deer in down town Washington DC and the place is lousy with raccoons
and possums. They are simply increasing faster than their decreasing
habitat can sustain.

[...]

I think we are just paying more attention to the weather. I remember
very mild winters in DC where we were riding bikes in T shirts on
Christmas day. The next year we might have a foot of snow.

I have never said CO2 levels are not on the rise but it is as easy to
blame that on total population as anything else. The trend is 8000
years old. Maybe guys like Paul Erlich who were warning about our
exploding population in the 70s were right.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Mayayana posted for all of us...

| There is a hell of a lot of construction going on in Florida and the
| predictions do not make it much hotter here, even in the globe does
| warm. The effect will be in the northern latitudes.

Yes. Florida has other problems to worry
about, like disappearing under water. Though
it's hard to get a realistic idea about that. I
remember reading *many* years ago that a
2" sea level rise would result in water percolating
up through the soil in much of Florida, because
it's not much more that a big sandbar. But isn't
the rise alreay 1+"? Now the talk is of 6-40 feet
sea level rise by 2100. Does Miami go the way
of Atlantis with 2"? 1'? 4'? The numbers I've heard
over time have been all over the place. First 2"
would drown Florida. Then 6' would "be a big
problem" for NYC and Boston. I'm not surprised
that the global warming deniers are so stubborn:
The quasi-science of global warming seems to be
almost as reactive as the denier mindset. It might
help if the scientists would try to stick to facts
and avoid dramatic speculation.

There is money to made on this, follow the $$$ just ask Al Gore.

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

Frank posted for all of us...

For a sample of big-media bias on this issue, read "LA Times bans
letters from climate skeptics" (see below link

http://www.foxnews.com/science/2013/...mate-skeptics/

Permission granted to freely copy/paste the above.

Well said.

As someone that has worked in science for 50 years, I can also tell you

My thought is: Don't F with Mother Nature.

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message

stuff snipped

There is a hell of a lot of construction going on in Florida and the
predictions do not make it much hotter here, even in the globe does
warm. The effect will be in the northern latitudes.

Agree - but heat is not the main problem and is fairly easily mitigated.
What's damning Florida and New York City real estate owners, among others,
is the rising cost of insurance in areas subject to coastal flooding. If
Big Insurance and climate experts both fear global sea rise, I tend to
believe in it no matter where Al Gore or anyone else stands.

http://www.google.com/search?q=large...astal+flooding

Serious problems are coming but since this got politicized, we'll drown long
before we start fixing things. Sandy was but a wakeup call for NYC, NJ and
other places rarely hit by large hurricanes. A respectable percentage of
*valuable* US real estate is in fairly low elevations.

http://ocean.nationalgeographic.com/...ea-level-rise/

Most predictions say the warming of the planet will continue and likely
will accelerate. Oceans will likely continue to rise as well, but predicting
the amount is an inexact science. A recent study says we can expect the
oceans to rise between 2.5 and 6.5 feet (0.8 and 2 meters) by 2100, enough
to swamp many of the cities along the U.S. East Coast. More dire estimates,
including a complete meltdown of the Greenland ice sheet, push sea level
rise to 23 feet (7 meters), enough to submerge London.

Now we know one reason cities have been abandoned many times in the ancient
world.

As for climate change making new places uninhabitable, IIRC, they were
talking about Dubai and the Middle East, which are already well-near
uninhabitable anyway. Soon they will be even more so. So? (-:

--
Bobby G.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Micky" wrote in message

stuff snipped

I'm trembling in my boots.

I'll bet. (-:

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message

stuff snipped

War, famine, disease. The long term solution is to get us back around
2 billion people.

Don't worry. I am sure both Mother Nature and the bioweapons engineers of a
dozen countries are working on a rhinovirus that's as lethal as ebola or
AIDS. Even in a pond, bacteria 'know' when they've reached the edge and
suddenly stop multiplying. It would be sad if we are, on the whole, no
smarter than pond scum.

--
Bobby G.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message

stuff snipped

The sad thing is the biggest agricultural crop in this country, using
as much water as they do growing corn is the lawn in front of most
people's houses and on their golf courses. Nobody eats any of it.
We either let it rot where cut it or bag it and pay to have it hauled
away.

In the future it will be a crime to use water in that way (unless it's gray
water - and maybe not even then) in many places. In certain areas, it's
already some sort of infraction to water lawns when not approved. Other
places will still be as green as ever, though, where water is naturally
abundant.

Desalination could see some very serious technical improvements over the
decades that make it much more economic than it is now. Solar evaporation
could produce potable water.

http://cleantechnica.com/2014/02/18/...-salt-problem/

--
Bobby G.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Nope. It's not labeled "OT". It has nothing to do with this groups topic.

Climate changed in the Mojave Desert today. It rained most of the day.

http://pubs.usgs.gov/fs/fs117-03/

Precipitation History of the Mojave Desert Region, 1893–2001
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/11/2016 3:24 PM, Tekkie® wrote:
Frank posted for all of us...

For a sample of big-media bias on this issue, read "LA Times bans
letters from climate skeptics" (see below link

http://www.foxnews.com/science/2013/...mate-skeptics/

Permission granted to freely copy/paste the above.

Well said.

As someone that has worked in science for 50 years, I can also tell you

My thought is: Don't F with Mother Nature.

That's basically what the state climatologist at the University of
Delaware said, "When Mother Nature comes along, get out of her way." He
got canned by the Dem governor.

OT Climate Change Nightjar UK diy 26 June 30th 15 10:52 AM
OT Climate change. harryagain[_2_] UK diy 23 February 8th 15 06:34 PM
OT - Scared Scientists: The Moving Portraits Which Will Change Forever Your Views on Climate Change Richard[_10_] UK diy 4 August 31st 14 08:33 PM
There is a change in the GW climate. Dennis@home UK diy 60 August 26th 14 09:54 PM
Climate Change Jim Thompson[_3_] Electronic Schematics 12 June 26th 14 02:18 PM