Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What's a Hammer for?

I was raised to believe a hammer was for pounding in nails into lumber,
loosening stuck parts on cars, bending metal, cracking rocks, and other
types of work and repair.

But today, for most everyone under the age of 30, a hammer is a weapon.
Its used to smash the windows out of cars when you hate the car's owner,
used to break into homes to rob them, and most often, it's used to bust
the skulls of anyone who does not agree with your political views, or
posts your photo on facebook without your permission.

My how times have changed!!!

What do YOU use a hammer for?

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
I was raised to believe a hammer was for pounding in nails into lumber,
loosening stuck parts on cars, bending metal, cracking rocks, and other
types of work and repair.

But today, for most everyone under the age of 30, a hammer is a weapon.
Its used to smash the windows out of cars when you hate the car's owner,
used to break into homes to rob them, and most often, it's used to bust
the skulls of anyone who does not agree with your political views, or
posts your photo on facebook without your permission.

My how times have changed!!!

What do YOU use a hammer for?

A hammer is second to a flat screwdriver in the myriad of uses. Although
you should use the proper tool for the proper job, people will use what is
most convenient and at hand. Maybe that's why we use duct tape and WD-40
for more things than they were invented for.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, April 9, 2016 at 6:37:07 AM UTC-4, wrote:
I was raised to believe a hammer was for pounding in nails into lumber,
loosening stuck parts on cars, bending metal, cracking rocks, and other
types of work and repair.

But today, for most everyone under the age of 30, a hammer is a weapon.
Its used to smash the windows out of cars when you hate the car's owner,
used to break into homes to rob them, and most often, it's used to bust
the skulls of anyone who does not agree with your political views, or
posts your photo on facebook without your permission.

My how times have changed!!!

What do YOU use a hammer for?

Smashing my screen whenever I read one of your stupid posts.

Dammit, now I need another monitor.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, April 9, 2016 at 6:37:07 AM UTC-4, wrote:
I was raised to believe a hammer was for pounding in nails into lumber,
loosening stuck parts on cars, bending metal, cracking rocks, and other
types of work and repair.

But today, for most everyone under the age of 30, a hammer is a weapon.
Its used to smash the windows out of cars when you hate the car's owner,
used to break into homes to rob them, and most often, it's used to bust
the skulls of anyone who does not agree with your political views, or
posts your photo on facebook without your permission.

My how times have changed!!!

What do YOU use a hammer for?

Yesterday I used a ball peen hammer to tap dowel pegs full of mushroom spawn into some oak logs to start a new mushroom garden in the basement. Most unusual use of late.

Paul
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving,alt.usenet.kooks

On 4/9/2016 6:04 AM, Pavel314 wrote:
On Saturday, April 9, 2016 at 6:37:07 AM UTC-4, wrote:
I was raised to believe a hammer was for pounding in nails into lumber,
loosening stuck parts on cars, bending metal, cracking rocks, and other
types of work and repair.

But today, for most everyone under the age of 30, a hammer is a weapon.
Its used to smash the windows out of cars when you hate the car's owner,
used to break into homes to rob them, and most often, it's used to bust
the skulls of anyone who does not agree with your political views, or
posts your photo on facebook without your permission.

My how times have changed!!!

What do YOU use a hammer for?

Yesterday I used a ball peen hammer to tap dowel pegs full of mushroom spawn into some oak logs to start a new mushroom garden in the basement. Most unusual use of late.

Paul

Paul is an odd fellow. He lives in a house in the forest. Lonesome
hiker guests to Paul's house get pushed into his mush-roomy basement and
cornholed to death. Their rotting flesh becomes mushroom food. Watch
out for the shrooms!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 04/09/2016 04:36 AM, wrote:

[snip]

What do YOU use a hammer for?

The last thing I used a hammer for was driving wooden stakes in the
ground to mark where the gladiolus plants were coming up, so as to avoid
them when mowing.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"I DO want your money, because god wants your money!" [Reverend Larry,
from _Repo_Man_]

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 09 Apr 2016, wrote in alt.home.repair:

But today, for most everyone under the age of 30, a hammer is a
weapon.

No, it's not.
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving,alt.usenet.kooks

wrote:
[...]

Wow. The infection has spread to the Colon-el now it seems. I wonder
where else it's gotten its hooks into random people and turned them extra-
kooky?