Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Next step, installing the drains

On Tue, 5 Apr 2016 00:54:48 -0000 (UTC), Mike
wrote:

Thanks.

Mike your shower pan link has the install method:

http://www.homedepot.com/catalog/pdfImages/d5/d5df32ac-12a4-4c62-b84e-f16e317dfa3b.pdf

When you do the toilet drain flange, remember there is a "rough in"
distance from the wall, 15 or 17 inches. I think most toilets now
days have a 15 inch rough in (distance from center of toilet floor
bolts to the wall / baseboard trim).

Samples:

https://tinyurl.com/gnje25e

https://tinyurl.com/z84lwes

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Thanks.

Mike your shower pan link has the install method:

http://www.homedepot.com/catalog/pdfImages/d5/d5df32ac-12a4-4c62-b84e-f16e317dfa3b.pdf

When you do the toilet drain flange, remember there is a "rough in"
distance from the wall, 15 or 17 inches. I think most toilets now
days have a 15 inch rough in (distance from center of toilet floor
bolts to the wall / baseboard trim).

Samples:

https://tinyurl.com/gnje25e

https://tinyurl.com/z84lwes

Back up and regroup there Oren . MOST toilets have a rough-in dimension of
12" from wall to center of flange . Remember to make an allowance for tile
or other wall treatment if it's thicker than wallpaper or paint .

--
Snag

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Thanks.

Mike your shower pan link has the install method:

http://www.homedepot.com/catalog/pdfImages/d5/d5df32ac-12a4-4c62-b84e-f16e317dfa3b.pdf

When you do the toilet drain flange, remember there is a "rough in"
distance from the wall, 15 or 17 inches. I think most toilets now
days have a 15 inch rough in (distance from center of toilet floor
bolts to the wall / baseboard trim).

Samples:

https://tinyurl.com/gnje25e

https://tinyurl.com/z84lwes

Back up and regroup there Oren . MOST toilets have a rough-in dimension of
12" from wall to center of flange . Remember to make an allowance for tile
or other wall treatment if it's thicker than wallpaper or paint .

Correct on the 12 inch rough in. My bad. Just trying to get the party
started
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Thanks.

Mike your shower pan link has the install method:

http://www.homedepot.com/catalog/pdfImages/d5/d5df32ac-12a4-4c62-b84e-f16e317dfa3b.pdf

When you do the toilet drain flange, remember there is a "rough in"
distance from the wall, 15 or 17 inches. I think most toilets now
days have a 15 inch rough in (distance from center of toilet floor
bolts to the wall / baseboard trim).

Samples:

https://tinyurl.com/gnje25e

https://tinyurl.com/z84lwes

Thanks for the links. I have found the 12" from finished wall
distance. I'm planning on using 13". I didn't know about the side
distance of 15" minimum. Thanks for the link on the shower pan. I
hadn't found that document.

Mike

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Thanks.

Mike your shower pan link has the install method:

http://www.homedepot.com/catalog/pdfImages/d5/d5df32ac-12a4-4c62-b84e-f16e317dfa3b.pdf

When you do the toilet drain flange, remember there is a "rough in"
distance from the wall, 15 or 17 inches. I think most toilets now
days have a 15 inch rough in (distance from center of toilet floor
bolts to the wall / baseboard trim).

Samples:

https://tinyurl.com/gnje25e

https://tinyurl.com/z84lwes

Thanks for the links. I have found the 12" from finished wall
distance. I'm planning on using 13". I didn't know about the side
distance of 15" minimum. Thanks for the link on the shower pan. I
hadn't found that document.

Mike,

Look at the first sample image. The 15" minimum is from the center of
the bowl trap in each direction. Probably more important in a water
closet, not so much a worry in a larger are in a bathroom.