Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Mystery Lock

On Wednesday, April 6, 2016 at 7:35:09 AM UTC-5, RonNNN wrote:
In article ,
says...

On Wednesday, April 6, 2016 at 7:51:10 AM UTC-4, RonNNN wrote:
In article ,
says...

On Tue, 5 Apr 2016 18:49:47 -0700 (PDT), ItsJoanNotJoann
wrote:

http://wkrp.org/Temp/lock.jpg
Well, I've tried it with IE11, Edge, and Firefox. Works on all 3.

Chrome works fine too.
--
RonNNN

I've tried it on several PCs and several browsers (IE, Firefox, Edge; Win7 and Win10). No luck on any of them.

Perhaps wkrp.org has your service provider blocked?
--
RonNNN

For some reason it went to the site and just showed a place marker. I copied the image address from the marker which was "http://wkrp.org/Temp/lock.jpg", opened a new tab pasted it in the address bar and was then able to see the image. I'm using Chrome and Google Groups. When I click a link, a screen pops up reading "google redirecting....". Perhaps that may have something to do with it. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Link Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 6 Apr 2016 16:19:32 -0700 (PDT), Uncle Monster
wrote:

For some reason it went to the site and just showed a place marker. I copied the image address from the marker which was "http://wkrp.org/Temp/lock.jpg", opened a new tab pasted it in the address bar and was then able to see the image. I'm using Chrome and Google Groups. When I click a link, a screen pops up reading "google redirecting....". Perhaps that may have something to do with it. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Link Monster

Now and then I get links the won't open directly. Very rare. I've
right clinked on them and opened in a new tab. Shazzam
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

For some reason it went to the site and just showed a place marker. I copied the image address from the marker which was "http://wkrp.org/Temp/lock..jpg", opened a new tab pasted it in the address bar and was then able to see the image. I'm using Chrome and Google Groups. When I click a link, a screen pops up reading "google redirecting....". Perhaps that may have something to do with it. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Link Monster

Now and then I get links the won't open directly. Very rare. I've
right clinked on them and opened in a new tab. Shazzam

Da Interweb be funky sometime. o_O

[8~{} Uncle Funky Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

Da Interweb be funky sometime. o_O

Da.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PywjIyhwo2I

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
says...

Da Interweb be funky sometime. o_O

Da.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PywjIyhwo2I

+1

--
RonNNN

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 06 Apr 2016 21:14:45 -0400, wrote:

Da.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PywjIyhwo2I

Ya damn right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOuF3k_-asA&nohtml5=False

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, April 6, 2016 at 8:35:39 PM UTC-4, Oren wrote:

Now and then I get links the won't open directly. Very rare. I've
right clinked on them and opened in a new tab. Shazzam

Yeah. I pasted the link in a new tab and it opened fine. Who knew?

But no, I never saw a lock quite like that one.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, April 7, 2016 at 10:58:39 AM UTC-5, TimR wrote:

Yeah. I pasted the link in a new tab and it opened fine. Who knew?

But no, I never saw a lock quite like that one.

I've tried Chrome and all the other browsers mentioned
here with no luck.

Dead link and dead subject.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 7 Apr 2016 08:58:34 -0700 (PDT), TimR
wrote:

On Wednesday, April 6, 2016 at 8:35:39 PM UTC-4, Oren wrote:

Now and then I get links the won't open directly. Very rare. I've
right clinked on them and opened in a new tab. Shazzam

Yeah. I pasted the link in a new tab and it opened fine. Who knew?

But no, I never saw a lock quite like that one.

Using Forte` Agent, in the message window, I can right click the link
and "Launch URL". It calls the browser and opens the page.

It'd be nice to know what the lock was used for
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 16 Apr 2016 23:11:59 -0400, Jeff Wisnia

The hinged body of the OP's padlock would separate it from
all these examples of pancake locks .. and also from the 100's
of round vintage padlocks from my google image search ...
What is the size of the OPs padlock ?

When locked it is 3-1/4" OD, 1-1/4" ID.

Jeff, Can you identify the key?