Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT. Cartoon. Trump, Clinton

From Bob Gorrell:

http://editorialcartoonists.com/cart...ay.cfm/149392/
or http://alturl.com/vtvjw

Posted to alt.home.repair

Per Dean Hoffman:
From Bob Gorrell:

http://editorialcartoonists.com/cart...ay.cfm/149392/
or http://alturl.com/vtvjw

Thanks - just added that URL to my "Keepers" list.

I thought the one next to Clinton/Trump was pretty good too:
http://editorialcartoonists.com/cart...160315_low.jpg
--
Pete Cresswell
Posted to alt.home.repair

Per (PeteCresswell):
I thought the one next to Clinton/Trump was pretty good too:
http://editorialcartoonists.com/cart...160315_low.jpg

And more so because (probably unintentionally) it seems to encapsulate
one of the things that motivate Trump followers: disrespect from The
Establishment.
--
Pete Cresswell
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 03/25/2016 05:53 AM, Dean Hoffman wrote:

From Bob Gorrell:

http://editorialcartoonists.com/cart...ay.cfm/149392/
or http://alturl.com/vtvjw

This is hardly the first time I'll be going to the poll and saying WTF?

I still remember Nixon vs Humphrey.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 25 Mar 2016 07:24:32 -0500, (PeteCresswell) wrote:

Per (PeteCresswell):
I thought the one next to Clinton/Trump was pretty good too:
http://editorialcartoonists.com/cart...160315_low.jpg

And more so because (probably unintentionally) it seems to encapsulate
one of the things that motivate Trump followers: disrespect from The
Establishment.

Arrogant busybodies who think everyone else is too dumb to run their
own lives.
I stopped at a restaurant along I-80 just after the 9/11 attacks. No
air
travel. Some businessmen were there who were traveling to the East
Coast. I
think they left from Las Vegas. They had to carpool. One said he had no
idea how big the U.S. was.
I'm not sure what one thing had to do with the other but the restaurant
thing
just popped onto my head.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 25 Mar 2016 21:06:18 -0500, "Dean Hoffman"
wrote:

They had to carpool. One said he had no
idea how big the U.S. was.

There's an old joke about a farmer (Kansas?) that had never seen the
ocean. He arrived at the shore of the Atlantic Ocean and said, "some
how I thought it was bigger than that."
Posted to alt.home.repair

Per Oren:
There's an old joke about a farmer (Kansas?) that had never seen the
ocean. He arrived at the shore of the Atlantic Ocean and said, "some
how I thought it was bigger than that."

True story: a loooong time ago I was hitching in Hawaii. Local guy
picked me up and he asked me if I was from Los Angeles.

"No", I replied, "I am from Philadelphia Pennsylvania".

Then he asked "Have you ever been to Los Angeles?".

"No"

He mulled that over for a few seconds and then said "So, you only hang
around your own neighborhood?"
--
Pete Cresswell
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/26/2016 9:14 AM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
Per Oren:
There's an old joke about a farmer (Kansas?) that had never seen the
ocean. He arrived at the shore of the Atlantic Ocean and said, "some
how I thought it was bigger than that."

True story: a loooong time ago I was hitching in Hawaii. Local guy
picked me up and he asked me if I was from Los Angeles.

"No", I replied, "I am from Philadelphia Pennsylvania".

Then he asked "Have you ever been to Los Angeles?".

"No"

He mulled that over for a few seconds and then said "So, you only hang
around your own neighborhood?"

Funny, but seems to happen a lot. People do not comprehends the size of
out country. I know people that were going to visit from England.
Their plan was to stay a couple of days at my sister's house in NJ, go
to San Diego for a day then visit New York.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/25/2016 10:45 AM, philo wrote:
On 03/25/2016 05:53 AM, Dean Hoffman wrote:

From Bob Gorrell:

http://editorialcartoonists.com/cart...ay.cfm/149392/
or http://alturl.com/vtvjw

This is hardly the first time I'll be going to the poll and saying WTF?

I still remember Nixon vs Humphrey.

Two ways to think about it;

Jesse Ventura said, "the lesser of two evils is still evil."

But, then, Rush Limbaugh said, "if your team did not make it to the
Super Bowl, support the team you want to win."

Latter makes clear choice for me.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 26 Mar 2016 12:01:13 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Funny, but seems to happen a lot. People do not comprehends the size of
out country. I know people that were going to visit from England.
Their plan was to stay a couple of days at my sister's house in NJ, go
to San Diego for a day then visit New York.

Hawaii gets federal highway funding and they have "Interstate" highway
signs but no bordering states ... something to do with "Defense",
military highways.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/26/2016 12:09 PM, Frank wrote:

Two ways to think about it;

Jesse Ventura said, "the lesser of two evils is still evil."

But, then, Rush Limbaugh said, "if your team did not make it to the
Super Bowl, support the team you want to win."

Latter makes clear choice for me.

Not for me. I don't want any of the top two in either party. I'm
hoping for a miracle I guess and a better candidate.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 26 Mar 2016 13:44:38 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Two ways to think about it;

Jesse Ventura said, "the lesser of two evils is still evil."

But, then, Rush Limbaugh said, "if your team did not make it to the
Super Bowl, support the team you want to win."

Latter makes clear choice for me.

Not for me. I don't want any of the top two in either party. I'm
hoping for a miracle I guess and a better candidate.

If humans were perfect, and without sin we wouldn't need government

OT My first Political Cartoon amdx Electronic Schematics 5 August 1st 09 12:57 AM
OT; Canoe cartoon The Medway Handyman UK diy 5 March 29th 09 07:05 PM
O//T: Editorial Cartoon Phil Again Woodworking 0 October 16th 08 02:03 PM
GOP Cartoon Charles Bull Woodworking 0 October 22nd 06 09:05 AM
OT Cartoon Cliff Metalworking 1 February 7th 06 12:51 PM