Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Carpet Cleaning

Hi All,
I recently had an unwell (an slightly naughty) dog poo liquid all over my carpet. I cleaned it as best i could and then paid a professional to clean it as well. My problem is that it looks amazing but i can still smell it, slightly when i enter the room and really when i get down and smell it. The carpet is fairly new and a middle of the road nylon blend. My question is do i need to wait longer for the smell to dry or dissipate or do i need to call the cleaner back. Thoughts would be appreciated.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, March 21, 2016 at 8:08:05 AM UTC-4, wrote:
Hi All,
I recently had an unwell (an slightly naughty) dog poo liquid all over my carpet. I cleaned it as best i could and then paid a professional to clean it as well. My problem is that it looks amazing but i can still smell it, slightly when i enter the room and really when i get down and smell it. The carpet is fairly new and a middle of the road nylon blend. My question is do i need to wait longer for the smell to dry or dissipate or do i need to call the cleaner back. Thoughts would be appreciated.

Did the "pro" know that there was pet urine that needed to be dealt with?

Did they use an enzyme based odor eliminator?

We've had dogs and cats for years. We keep a couple of spray bottles
of enzyme based odor eliminator handy. This brand works pretty good,
but there are many others:

http://i5.walmartimages.com/dfw/dce0...65dc589.v1.jpg

We blot first then liberally spray the area than let dry. I don't really
want to know what the hardwood under the carpet looks like, but that's
a different story.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, March 21, 2016 at 8:29:56 AM UTC-4, DerbyDad03 wrote:
[...]

EDIT: I just noticed that you said *poo* liquid. Yes, most enzyme based
odor eliminators work for feces odor also. BTDT
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/21/2016 8:29 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
[...]

Cats with us were essentially a lost cause. We could get rid of the
odor but cat would still smell it - even a new cat would tend to go there.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, March 21, 2016 at 9:02:31 AM UTC-4, Frank wrote:
[...]

We had that problem with one of the pair of indoors cats we used to have. They
are both gone now and our current (mostly) outdoor cat either uses the litter
box when she inside or pesters us to let her out when she as to go.

It's our dog that's the problem now. He's a rescue and still has some issues.
He hates to be alone and occasionally lets us know if we've neglected him for
too long.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, March 21, 2016 at 7:08:05 AM UTC-5, wrote:
Hi All,
I recently had an unwell (an slightly naughty) dog poo liquid all over my carpet. I cleaned it as best i could and then paid a professional to clean it as well. My problem is that it looks amazing but i can still smell it, slightly when i enter the room and really when i get down and smell it. The carpet is fairly new and a middle of the road nylon blend. My question is do i need to wait longer for the smell to dry or dissipate or do i need to call the cleaner back. Thoughts would be appreciated.

There are a number of chemicals for ridding the soil and the odor but you have to get them to the source. The carpet cleaner should have injected the chemicals under the carpet and let it set for the required time before rinse/extracting. Liquids spread out under the carpet, so depending upon how much liquid there was, the area to be treated may be much larger than what you see. The other way is to take up the carpet in that area and replace the padding. If the floor underneath is porous it may have to be treated as well.
Posted to alt.home.repair

DerbyDad03 posted for all of us...

Did the "pro" know that there was pet urine that needed to be dealt with?

Did they use an enzyme based odor eliminator?

We've had dogs and cats for years. We keep a couple of spray bottles
of enzyme based odor eliminator handy. This brand works pretty good,
but there are many others:

http://i5.walmartimages.com/dfw/dce0...65dc589.v1.jpg

We blot first then liberally spray the area than let dry. I don't really
want to know what the hardwood under the carpet looks like, but that's
a different story.

+! Good answer

--
Tekkie

Carpet Cleaning May Cadag Home Repair 4 January 9th 09 01:48 PM
Carpet Cleaning Install Carpet Los Angeles World Marketing Home Repair 0 July 23rd 08 03:51 AM
Carpet cleaning tallguy UK diy 6 December 23rd 06 10:57 AM
Carpet cleaning tallguy Home Ownership 0 December 22nd 06 01:09 AM
Carpet cleaning tallguy Home Repair 1 December 22nd 06 12:56 AM