Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Carpet Cleaning

On Monday, March 21, 2016 at 8:29:56 AM UTC-4, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Monday, March 21, 2016 at 8:08:05 AM UTC-4, wrote:
Hi All,
I recently had an unwell (an slightly naughty) dog poo liquid all over my carpet. I cleaned it as best i could and then paid a professional to clean it as well. My problem is that it looks amazing but i can still smell it, slightly when i enter the room and really when i get down and smell it. The carpet is fairly new and a middle of the road nylon blend. My question is do i need to wait longer for the smell to dry or dissipate or do i need to call the cleaner back. Thoughts would be appreciated.

Did the "pro" know that there was pet urine that needed to be dealt with?

Did they use an enzyme based odor eliminator?

We've had dogs and cats for years. We keep a couple of spray bottles
of enzyme based odor eliminator handy. This brand works pretty good,
but there are many others:

http://i5.walmartimages.com/dfw/dce0...65dc589.v1.jpg

We blot first then liberally spray the area than let dry. I don't really
want to know what the hardwood under the carpet looks like, but that's
a different story.

EDIT: I just noticed that you said *poo* liquid. Yes, most enzyme based
odor eliminators work for feces odor also. BTDT