Posted to alt.home.repair
B B is offline

Default Home appliance cost in hours

On 03/12/2016 05:09 AM, wrote:
I dont consider a toaster, crock pot, elec frying pan, blender, elec can
opener, and so on appliances.

FWIW...

www.kitchenaid.com calls them counter-top appliances.

www.electroluxappliances.com calls them small appliances.

And Team Bezos (www.amazon.com) calls them appliances as well.

So I guess PaintedCowPie is wrong again. ;-)
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, March 12, 2016 at 7:58:08 AM UTC-5, trader_4 wrote:
On Saturday, March 12, 2016 at 7:49:12 AM UTC-5, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Saturday, March 12, 2016 at 7:10:07 AM UTC-5, wrote:
On Fri, 11 Mar 2016 20:06:29 -0600, "Dean Hoffman"
wrote:

Well, I have 9 of the 11. I'd leave the TV off the list. That
really
isn't an appliance in my view. That would put the 1959 hours at 758 vs.
the 2016 hours at 140. The 1959 worker had to work 5.4 times as many
hours
as the 2016 worker for about the same stuff.
Others have mentioned how much more reliable the old stuff was. Not TVs.
Tubes went out, the vertical and horizontal holds were sometimes finicky,
and remote controls are better channel changers than kids.
No microwave on the list. I thought they weren't invented until the 1960s
but found out differently. An article here http://preview.alturl.com/zb2nq
talks about a man named Tracy Spencer. He dropped out of school at 12 but
became an expert on radar tubes.
He had a candy bar melt in his pocket at work so decided to investigate.

I dont consider a toaster, crock pot, elec frying pan, blender, elec can
opener, and so on appliances. They're just kitchen gadgets.

You may not consider them to be appliances, but most people do, including
kitchen designers. DAGS for "appliance garage" and look at the images of
what they are designed to store.

Take a look at what Target considers to be appliances:

http://www.target.com/c/home-appliances/-/N-5xtuu

Home Depot has a webpage for Small Appliances

http://www.homedepot.com/b/Appliance...s/N-5yc1vZbv48

You are not wrong by calling them "gadgets", but being a gadget
doesn't preclude them from also being appliances. This website
considers "kitchen appliances" to be a 'related phrase' in their
definition of gadget.

Appliance:
1.

A device or piece of equipment designed to perform a specific task, typically a domestic one.

It's very broad. I consider a TV, stereo, window AC, etc to be appliances.
Which is why there are shopping categories that narrow it down, like
"kitchen appliances".

I offered that exact definition to Paint yesterday. It's up to him to
accept or not.

Retailers call them appliances, as do manufacturers:

From: https://www.cuisinart.com/products

"Cuisinart continues to deliver premium countertop appliances that
are truly multifunctional..."

I remember when stores like Macy's had a section for Small Electrics.
Maybe they still do. If you DAGS _small electrics_ 99%+ of the hits
use the word "appliance".

As I said, Paint can choose to accept that those devices are considered
appliances or not. I do.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, March 9, 2016 at 7:02:28 PM UTC+5:30, Dean Hoffman wrote:
This is from the Carpe Diem site written by Mark J.
Perry. Manufacturing workers can now buy 11 appliances
with 152 hours of labor what used to cost them 886 hours
of labor back in 1959.

http://alturl.com/a7gqu or

http://www.aei.org/publication/monday-evening-links-6/

a href="https://www.samsungcustomercare.co.in/"Samsung fridge service center in Delhi/a supply home repair service All over Delhi/NCR. we provide Reapir home appliances service for fridge, washing machine, microwave such type of samsung items.we also provide 3 months warranty on all products. we are authorised service marketer call on 9811052330 a href="https://www.samsungcustomercare.co.in/"Samsung fridge service center in Noida/a gives 100% Satisfaction or fast service to our client.

How much does it cost to heat "corned beef brisket" for 2 hours at350 degrees? Banter Home Repair 47 March 31st 13 04:36 AM
Watts to KW hours and cost Wes[_2_] Metalworking 2 July 19th 07 09:48 PM
home appliance warranty CT Home Repair 9 April 1st 04 09:57 PM
Cost of appliance install? amalia Home Repair 12 January 27th 04 07:12 AM
RE-Calibrating a thermostat (home appliance)? Loren Coe Electronics Repair 3 January 23rd 04 07:39 PM