Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Any ideas to correct this

This is a picture of my dining and living room flooring, where in some areas, not many, a corner of the laminated floor strip at a corner pops up. I was thinking of a nail, but it would have to be a special type of nail for an area like this. I need a floor guy or carpenter to suggest the type of nail to look for and where to get it. Hopefully, it would not show up.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/8/2016 1:33 PM, Frank wrote:
This is a picture of my dining and living room flooring, where in some areas, not many, a corner of the laminated floor strip at a corner pops up. I was thinking of a nail, but it would have to be a special type of nail for an area like this. I need a floor guy or carpenter to suggest the type of nail to look for and where to get it. Hopefully, it would not show up.

The link to the photo is not here. That said, you should not have to
nail down the corners. What you have to do is find the reason they are
popping and eliminate it. Poor installation? Warping floor?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, March 8, 2016 at 2:23:17 PM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 3/8/2016 1:33 PM, Frank wrote:
This is a picture of my dining and living room flooring, where in some areas, not many, a corner of the laminated floor strip at a corner pops up. I was thinking of a nail, but it would have to be a special type of nail for an area like this. I need a floor guy or carpenter to suggest the type of nail to look for and where to get it. Hopefully, it would not show up.

The link to the photo is not here. That said, you should not have to
nail down the corners. What you have to do is find the reason they are
popping and eliminate it. Poor installation? Warping floor?

Sorry, i don't know how to upload a pic here unless i have to go through the mess of uploading it to a photoshop and give the url ...hasn't Google gone beyond that by now, at least in this forum? as far as why, how about age of that flooring? Do not want to go thru the time or expense to remove it and reinstall a new flooring. Thanks
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/8/2016 10:33 AM, Frank wrote:
This is a picture of my dining and living room flooring, where in some areas, not many, a corner of the laminated floor strip at a corner pops up. I was thinking of a nail, but it would have to be a special type of nail for an area like this. I need a floor guy or carpenter to suggest the type of nail to look for and where to get it. Hopefully, it would not show up.

Move to a white neighborhood, Franko.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/8/2016 1:33 PM, Frank wrote:
[...]

Try uploading some brains first, Frank.
LOL

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 8 Mar 2016 11:50:33 -0800 (PST), Frank
wrote:

Sorry, i don't know how to upload a pic here unless i have to go through the mess of uploading it to a photoshop and give the url

Take the photo, put it on your desktop, go to http://tinypic.com/
upload it, copy the URL back here.

They have an App now for smart phones now, too.
--
"If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.-- James Madison
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 08 Mar 2016, Frank wrote in alt.home.repair:

Sorry, i don't know how to upload a pic here unless i have to go
through the mess of uploading it to a photoshop and give the url
...hasn't Google gone beyond that by now, at least in this forum?

This "forum" is not a forum, and it has nothing to do with Google. It's
a Usenet newsgroup, part of an international peer-to-peer messaging
network that has been in place for several decades. The only connection
with Google is that you can read and post messages through their web
interface, but they are only one of thousands of existing Usenet
services. Google has no more say in how Usenet is run than any other
participating news server.

One of the features of Usenet is that no binary files are allowed in
text-only newsgroups like this one. If you want to share a picture, you
need to upload it to a web site somewhere and include a link to it in
your message.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 8 Mar 2016 10:33:19 -0800 (PST), Frank
wrote in

This is a picture of my dining and living room flooring, where in some areas, not many, a corner of the laminated floor strip at a corner pops up. I was thinking of a nail, but it would have to be a special type of nail for an area like this. I need a floor guy or carpenter to suggest the type of nail to look for and where to get it. Hopefully, it would not show up.

How about a 1/2" roofing nail?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 08 Mar 2016 16:28:57 -0500, Nil
wrote:

If you want to share a picture, you
need to upload it to a web site somewhere and include a link to it in
your message.

Think I see the confusion. This "Frank" is from Brooklyn, not the
Frank from Delaware. :-)
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, March 8, 2016 at 12:33:33 PM UTC-6, Frank wrote:
This is a picture of my dining and living room flooring, where in some areas, not many, a corner of the laminated floor strip at a corner pops up. I was thinking of a nail, but it would have to be a special type of nail for an area like this. I need a floor guy or carpenter to suggest the type of nail to look for and where to get it. Hopefully, it would not show up.

Most likely an adhesive would be better.