Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Correct CT-100 crimping

I bought a load of F-Type crimp plugs for CT100.
I bought these from CPC, and asked them to specify the correct crimp tool ..
and they supplied an H Tools HT-336G ratchet crimp.

This has a Hex die size of 0.225" (6.48mm) ... and it is mangling the
connectors, assume this die must be too small. (I can't over-crimp as
it's a ratchet type tool)

Does anyone know the correct Die size .. ? or could take a look at their
CT100 tool.

If by any chance anyone has a correct H Tool crimp for F-Type CT100
connectors, then please let me know the model number.
Looking at the pack I suspect it is HT-336C2.

The F-Type plus are VF10-601/L from Vitelec

Rick

Posted to uk.d-i-y
. . is offline

"Rick Hughes" wrote in message ...
I bought a load of F-Type crimp plugs for CT100.
I bought these from CPC, and asked them to specify the correct crimp tool .. and they supplied an
H Tools HT-336G ratchet crimp.

This has a Hex die size of 0.225" (6.48mm) ... and it is mangling the connectors, assume this
die must be too small. (I can't over-crimp as it's a ratchet type tool)

Does anyone know the correct Die size .. ? or could take a look at their CT100 tool.

If by any chance anyone has a correct H Tool crimp for F-Type CT100 connectors, then please let
me know the model number.
Looking at the pack I suspect it is HT-336C2.

The F-Type plus are VF10-601/L from Vitelec

Rick

I thought F plugs screwed on ?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

.. wrote:
"Rick Hughes" wrote in message
I bought a load of F-Type crimp plugs for CT100.
I bought these from CPC, and asked them to specify the correct crimp
tool .. and they supplied an H Tools HT-336G ratchet crimp.

I thought F plugs screwed on ?

Some do, some dont. These don't.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , .
writes
The F-Type plus are VF10-601/L from Vitelec

Rick

I thought F plugs screwed on ?

Only the ones that the clueless buy.

--
Clint Sharp

Posted to uk.d-i-y
. . is offline

"Clint Sharp" wrote in message
In message , . writes
The F-Type plus are VF10-601/L from Vitelec

Rick

I thought F plugs screwed on ?

Only the ones that the clueless buy.

LOL

Clint Sharp

ya. right.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Rick Hughes wrote:

This has a Hex die size of 0.225" (6.48mm) ... and it is mangling the
connectors, assume this die must be too small.

Way too small for any 100 size crimp F I've ever seen.

Does anyone know the correct Die size .. ? or could take a look at their
CT100 tool.

The best answer is to ask the connector manufacturer (or vendor) who
_should_ know. Typically though the answer will tend to be either 0.324
in. (~8.2 mm) or 0.360 in. (~9.1 mm), the former being common for the
cheaper crimp F plugs and the latter for the better quality ones (e.g.
Cabelcon).

--
Andy
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"SantaUK" wrote in message
They do!!!

Like this: http://www.satcure.co.uk/tech/fconn.htm

--

Michael Chare

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Rick Hughes" wrote in message
I bought a load of F-Type crimp plugs for CT100.
[snip]
The F-Type plus are VF10-601/L from Vitelec

I thought I'd try and answer your question but fell at first hurdle when
looking at the details of the F type plugs .

Vitelec appear to be one of those purposefully unhelpful companies that
require registration before they will send out a single product pdf data
sheet. Presumably to compile a data register.

If they are unwilling to make their pdf sheets freely available then I for
one, am not willing to send in for one.

Why deal with companies that behave like that?

Roger R

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Michael Chare" wrote in message
"SantaUK" wrote in message
They do!!!

Like this: http://www.satcure.co.uk/tech/fconn.htm

--

Michael Chare

Ahh no they don't, what you have linked to is a screw on F-type, as I
mentioned I am intending to use crimp on F-type they are a different (and
far more professional) connector.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Andy Wade" wrote in message
Rick Hughes wrote:

This has a Hex die size of 0.225" (6.48mm) ... and it is mangling the
connectors, assume this die must be too small.

Way too small for any 100 size crimp F I've ever seen.

Does anyone know the correct Die size .. ? or could take a look at
their CT100 tool.

The best answer is to ask the connector manufacturer (or vendor) who
_should_ know. Typically though the answer will tend to be either 0.324
in. (~8.2 mm) or 0.360 in. (~9.1 mm), the former being common for the
cheaper crimp F plugs and the latter for the better quality ones (e.g.
Cabelcon).

Andy ... did just that, emailed CPC ... and after 4 days still no reply.
So emailed Vitelec, they replied within 1Hr ...included data sheets ...
turns out correct size for the connector is 0.324" (8.23mm)

the crimp I have shows on the packaging that for this size I should have
the HT-336C2 ... i.e. same tool but with the 336C2 dies fitted.

So far been unable to find a source in UK .... and still can't get CPC to
reply.

All I could get by phoning them was 'send the items back' and we will sell
you a different make which is 3x the price !

Anybody know of a supplier of H Tools in UK ? or the importer ?

Rick

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Roger R" wrote in message

If they are unwilling to make their pdf sheets freely available then I
for
one, am not willing to send in for one.

Why deal with companies that behave like that?

Roger R

Roger ... I agree with you on web site, pretty useless .... but see my
earlier mail, their email Tech support was 1st class.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Rick Hughes wrote:

Anybody know of a supplier of H Tools in UK ? or the importer ?

Have you tried Vitelec? There's plenty of other 0.324 crimp tools about
though - e.g.
http://www.millsltd.co.uk/productDet...artNo=E00-1386
http://www.jwhardy.co.uk/shop/pages/...onnectors.html

--
Andy
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Andy Wade
writes
Does anyone know the correct Die size .. ? or could take a look at
their CT100 tool.

The best answer is to ask the connector manufacturer (or vendor) who
_should_ know. Typically though the answer will tend to be either
0.324 in. (~8.2 mm) or 0.360 in. (~9.1 mm), the former being common for
the cheaper crimp F plugs and the latter for the better quality ones
(e.g. Cabelcon).

Seconded, I have a Cablecon ratchet crimp tool in front of me and it has
two sizes 0.360" and 0.475" the smaller being for F type crimp plugs
Webro part No 55CC100-INT-F Cablecon No WF100/H109F which can be
obtained from Webro.com
Take a look at their online catalogue where they list the plugs and the
crimp tool, their F connector insertion tool is well worth having too.
When fitting the F plug to the coax it is necessary to push / screw the
back of the plug onto the coax which can take a bit of effort, this tool
gives you a very firm grip of the plug without damaging it.
--
Bill
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , SantaUK
wrote:

They do!!!

What do what?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Rick Hughes" wrote in message
I bought a load of F-Type crimp plugs for CT100.
I bought these from CPC, and asked them to specify the correct crimp tool
.. and they supplied an H Tools HT-336G ratchet crimp.

This has a Hex die size of 0.225" (6.48mm) ... and it is mangling the
connectors, assume this die must be too small. (I can't over-crimp as
it's a ratchet type tool)

Does anyone know the correct Die size .. ? or could take a look at their
CT100 tool.

Just to close this thread ... CPC issued a refund, but didn't want the tool
back
I bought a replacement from a really good on-line tool supplier, that did
stock the correct crimp

For anybody else that needs IT related tools the company is:

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/tools4it
or
www.shop4tools.co.uk

Great prices and very next day delivery with no whacko prices for it !