Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Best glue for clear plastic refrigerator drawer

On Friday, November 8, 2002 at 10:01:04 AM UTC-5, Daniel Prince wrote:
I broke the transparent plastic meat drawer in my refrigerator. It's
broken in a zig, zag pattern. I tried gluing it with some Mxbon 105
Cyanoacrylate adhesive that had become so thick that it was very hard
to use.

I glued the broken edges together and then tried to reinforce the
repair with fiberglass screen covered in baking soda but since the
glue didn't sink into the baking soda, I wasn't able to reinforce the
repair. I had to remove the fiberglass screen and the baking soda
because it wasn't attacked to the drawer at all.

Before the glue got so thick, it would soak into the baking soda and
form a substance as hard as a rock.

The un-reinforced repair failed in one day.

Is there any way I can thin out the Mxbon glue so that I can use it
with baking soda?

Is there another type of glue that would be better for this
application?

I have some pieces of Lexan. Would gluing a piece of lexan over the
damaged area be better than the screening, baking soda, and
Cyanoacrylate glue? If it would, what glue would be the best to
attach the Lexan sheet?

Thank you in advance for all answers.

--
My cat really loves me. When it is cold at night he lies right
up against me in the bed to help keep me warm.

Try a plastic welder clean up drawer and use ABS welding rod.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 02/27/2016 08:41 AM, wrote:

LOOK AT THE DATE

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, February 27, 2016 at 10:50:24 AM UTC-5, philo wrote:
On 02/27/2016 08:41 AM, wrote:
On Friday, November 8, 2002 at 10:01:04 AM UTC-5, Daniel Prince wrote:

LOOK AT THE DATE

I know but it still applies. I am not dumb!! It is still is valid info.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 02/27/2016 08:41 AM, wrote:
On Friday, November 8, 2002 at 10:01:04 AM UTC-5, Daniel Prince wrote:

LOOK AT THE DATE

I know but it still applies. I am not dumb!! It is still is valid info.

In fact, this is STILL a good question... I have a broken "crisper drawer" in my Whirlpool refrigerator and I'm looking for solutions!!
Posted to alt.home.repair

It is 2019, and the question still remains... What IS the Best glue for a clear plastic refrigerator drawer?

Thank you for the responses in 2017, I found them most helpful. 😊
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, June 19, 2019 at 1:03:32 AM UTC-4, wrote:
It is 2019, and the question still remains... What IS the Best glue for a clear plastic refrigerator drawer?

Thank you for the responses in 2017, I found them most helpful. 😊

I would use Crazy Glue.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
It is 2019, and the question still remains... What IS the Best glue
for a clear plastic refrigerator drawer?

Thank you for the responses in 2017, I found them most helpful. =

Probably methylene chloride, or GOOP.

Greg