Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] miker00012@gmail.com is offline

Default Best glue for clear plastic refrigerator drawer

On Friday, November 8, 2002 at 10:01:04 AM UTC-5, Daniel Prince wrote:
I broke the transparent plastic meat drawer in my refrigerator. It's
broken in a zig, zag pattern. I tried gluing it with some Mxbon 105
Cyanoacrylate adhesive that had become so thick that it was very hard
to use.

I glued the broken edges together and then tried to reinforce the
repair with fiberglass screen covered in baking soda but since the
glue didn't sink into the baking soda, I wasn't able to reinforce the
repair. I had to remove the fiberglass screen and the baking soda
because it wasn't attacked to the drawer at all.

Before the glue got so thick, it would soak into the baking soda and
form a substance as hard as a rock.

The un-reinforced repair failed in one day.

Is there any way I can thin out the Mxbon glue so that I can use it
with baking soda?

Is there another type of glue that would be better for this
application?

I have some pieces of Lexan. Would gluing a piece of lexan over the
damaged area be better than the screening, baking soda, and
Cyanoacrylate glue? If it would, what glue would be the best to
attach the Lexan sheet?

Thank you in advance for all answers.

--
My cat really loves me. When it is cold at night he lies right
up against me in the bed to help keep me warm.

Try a plastic welder clean up drawer and use ABS welding rod.