Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Brit selling fresh air to the Chinese

Man sells British fresh air to wealthy Chinese elite for £80 a jar
www.independent.co.uk ۼ News ۼ UK ۼ Home News
3 days ago - A businessman is raking in thousands of pounds selling jars
of €˜fresh air to people in China for £80 each. Leo De Watts, 27, sells
air collected in the British countryside and ships it over to polluted
cities Shanghai and Beijing, where the wealthy elite pay a hefty sum for ...
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 9 Feb 2016 19:36:23 +0000, Bod wrote:

Man sells British fresh air to wealthy Chinese elite for £80 a jar
3 days ago - A businessman is raking in thousands of pounds selling jars
of ‘fresh air’ to people in China for £80 each. Leo De Watts, 27, sells
air collected in the British countryside and ships it over to polluted
cities Shanghai and Beijing, where the wealthy elite pay a hefty sum for ...

Bah.

https://images.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fimg1.etsystatic.com%2F000%2F0%2F60 80592%2Fil_570xN.220493057.jpg

The Brits stole the idea from America.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/9/2016 12:36 PM, Bod wrote:
Man sells British fresh air to wealthy Chinese elite for £80 a jar
www.independent.co.uk ۼ News ۼ UK ۼ Home News
3 days ago - A businessman is raking in thousands of pounds selling jars of
€˜fresh air to people in China for £80 each. Leo De Watts, 27, sells air
collected in the British countryside and ships it over to polluted cities
Shanghai and Beijing, where the wealthy elite pay a hefty sum for ...

I make a gag gift that I periodically send (mail) to friends around
the country:
"Genuine Arizona Air"
fancy label, picture of a saguaro, dead steer skull, etc. The fine
print directs them to put the can in an oven preheated to 350 degrees
for 5 minutes...
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/9/2016 8:08 PM, Oren wrote:
On Tue, 9 Feb 2016 19:36:23 +0000, Bod wrote:

Man sells British fresh air to wealthy Chinese elite for £80 a jar
3 days ago - A businessman is raking in thousands of pounds selling jars
of ‘fresh air’ to people in China for £80 each. Leo De Watts, 27, sells
air collected in the British countryside and ships it over to polluted
cities Shanghai and Beijing, where the wealthy elite pay a hefty sum for ...

Bah.

https://images.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fimg1.etsystatic.com%2F000%2F0%2F60 80592%2Fil_570xN.220493057.jpg

The Brits stole the idea from America.

No, the Chinese requested it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/9/2016 1:27 PM, Bod wrote:
On 2/9/2016 8:23 PM, Don Y wrote:
On 2/9/2016 12:36 PM, Bod wrote:
Man sells British fresh air to wealthy Chinese elite for £80 a jar
www.independent.co.uk ۼ News ۼ UK ۼ Home News
3 days ago - A businessman is raking in thousands of pounds selling
jars of
€˜fresh air to people in China for £80 each. Leo De Watts, 27, sells air
collected in the British countryside and ships it over to polluted cities
Shanghai and Beijing, where the wealthy elite pay a hefty sum for ...

I make a gag gift that I periodically send (mail) to friends around
the country:
"Genuine Arizona Air"
fancy label, picture of a saguaro, dead steer skull, etc. The fine
print directs them to put the can in an oven preheated to 350 degrees
for 5 minutes...

Lol.

The hope is that it reinforces their perception of it being
"way too hot", here -- and NOT visiting!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 09 Feb 2016 13:23:14 -0700, Don Y
wrote:

On 2/9/2016 12:36 PM, Bod wrote:
Man sells British fresh air to wealthy Chinese elite for £80 a jar
3 days ago - A businessman is raking in thousands of pounds selling jars of
‘fresh air’ to people in China for £80 each. Leo De Watts, 27, sells air
collected in the British countryside and ships it over to polluted cities
Shanghai and Beijing, where the wealthy elite pay a hefty sum for ...

I make a gag gift that I periodically send (mail) to friends around
the country:
"Genuine Arizona Air"
fancy label, picture of a saguaro, dead steer skull, etc. The fine
print directs them to put the can in an oven preheated to 350 degrees
for 5 minutes...

At the penitentiary we had an Aerosol spray can of "Leg Off". Convicts
just slid right off your leg when the cried and wanted some special
treatment.

Back in the last century, staff used leather lead filled saps for
alarm clocks if the crooks overslept and was late for work.
--
"You can not rehabilitate a person that has never been habilitated!"
-- Convict Guard 101
Posted to alt.home.repair

Don wrote:
On 2/9/2016 1:27 PM, Bod wrote:
On 2/9/2016 8:23 PM, Don Y wrote:
On 2/9/2016 12:36 PM, Bod wrote:
[...]

You must live in Tucson. The only way I want to ever go back to Tucson is during the winter. I thought I was going to die when I was there for a week. Northern Arizona is good, I've been there quite a few times. North of phoenix, in the rainy season, waterfalls were beautiful. Hundreds of people were under the water, getting soaked. It was an unpaved stretch of road about 40 miles long going through canyons.
--
Usenet Reader for Android
http://android.newsgroupstats.hk
Posted to alt.home.repair

dangerous dan wrote:

Don wrote:
On 2/9/2016 1:27 PM, Bod wrote:
On 2/9/2016 8:23 PM, Don Y wrote:
On 2/9/2016 12:36 PM, Bod wrote:
[...]

Phoenix is even worse. Now Chinese are starting daily direct flight from
Beijing to Calgary for Chinese tourists to Rockies (Banff, Lake Louise,
Jasper, etc.)
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/9/2016 1:38 PM, Oren wrote:
At the penitentiary we had an Aerosol spray can of "Leg Off". Convicts
just slid right off your leg when the cried and wanted some special
treatment.

Many years ago, a friend/colleague was grumbling about "certain (types
of) people" -- the sorts who go 45 in the left lane on the highway, take
a shopping cart full of items to the express checkout lane, have unsafe
sex, etc. -- that he wished he could just "erase":
"Wouldn't it be great if there was some kind of (aerosol) SPRAY
that you could apply (to them) and they'd just -- *poof*?!"
This became a sort of private joke between us. If we were talking
about someone like that, one of us might suddenly lift our hand up,
make a "pfffffff" sound as we waved it around in front of us -- mimicking
how a woman might apply hair spray in days past.

The message was clear -- the party in question should be "erased".

Some years later, we were living in different parts of the country
and he was in town for a few days. We met for lunch. While driving
along, he suddenly made the gesture and accompanying sound effect
to express his (and my!) disdain for the driver in front of us.

I'd not even thought of the "gesture" in all those years. But,
seeing it, again, caught me so off guard that I broke out in a
fit of uncontrolled laughter!
"Yeah! Exactly!!"

Back in the last century, staff used leather lead filled saps for
alarm clocks if the crooks overslept and was late for work.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/9/2016 4:22 PM, dangerous dan wrote:

Don wrote:
On 2/9/2016 1:27 PM, Bod wrote:
On 2/9/2016 8:23 PM, Don Y wrote:
On 2/9/2016 12:36 PM, Bod wrote:
[...]

It depends on which time of the "non-winter" you visit.
As Monsoon approaches, things get horrible -- like Summer in
Chicago (humid and hot). Monsoon itself is delightful
(though incredibly humid) simply because of the spectacular
rains. I originally thought it pretty silly how folks would
stop what they were doing to stand and watch the rain.
("So what, big deal!") But, now find myself wasting hours
doing the same thing!

Summer is fine (110F) -- if you stay out of the Sun. I often
challenge folks to close their eyes and outstretch a bare arm:
"Tell me where the shadow crosses your arm..."
They are often amazed at how pronounced the effect!

To (year round) residents, Fall and Winter are the unfortunate seasons
as all the "winter visitors" show up, crowd the streets, drive up
prices for staples, exploit services available to "residents" and
otherwise contribute very little to the community. It's the "ugly
American" sort of experience: everyone looking for what they can *get*
(for little or no cost) FROM the community -- "Here I am, entertain me!"

Spring (which will probably be on a Thursday, this year -- last year
it was a Monday AND a Tuesday!!), gives us the hope that the "guests"
will be leaving, soon.

[We have many such friends whose presence we enjoy. But, would love
to have a few tens of thousands LESS!]

Northern Arizona is good, I've been there quite a few times.

Certain parts of the state are much higher in elevation. And, it is
amazing how much difference altitude can make to weather! Flagstaff
often sees snow (by contrast, we've been "dusted" only two or three
times in 20 years).

In town, we have a "neighborhood" (no idea what else to call it...
sort of like "rogers park" or "lincoln park" in Chicago -- not a
genuine "legal entity") called Winterhaven. At the summit of
nearby Mt Lemmon is located Summerhaven. Some folks have homes
in each place and spend the thusly named seasons in those places.
I think there's about a 30F difference.

[Though get sick in Summerhaven and it'll be an expensive
ride to the nearest hospital! Likewise, if you want anything
other than "basic staples", you'll be making the hour drive
into town!]

North of phoenix,
in the rainy season, waterfalls were beautiful. Hundreds of people were under
the water, getting soaked.

People are frequently getting swept away by the "natural water features",
here. failing to understand that its "nature" and not "an amusement park
ride".

And, of course, Monsoon often claims a few idiots and/or their vehicles!
"Yeah, that's a LOT of water! Wanna see how LITTLE it takes to
float your vehicle??"

It was an unpaved stretch of road about 40 miles
long going through canyons.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/9/2016 9:56 PM, Don Y wrote:
[...]

Thanks. Gives me a smile.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

Bod posted for all of us...

Man sells British fresh air to wealthy Chinese elite for £80 a jar
www.independent.co.uk ? News ? UK ? Home News
3 days ago - A businessman is raking in thousands of pounds selling jars
of ?fresh air? to people in China for £80 each. Leo De Watts, 27, sells
air collected in the British countryside and ships it over to polluted
cities Shanghai and Beijing, where the wealthy elite pay a hefty sum for ....

Old news...

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/10/2016 8:05 PM, Tekkie® wrote:
Bod posted for all of us...

Man sells British fresh air to wealthy Chinese elite for £80 a jar
www.independent.co.uk ? News ? UK ? Home News
3 days ago - A businessman is raking in thousands of pounds selling jars
of ?fresh air? to people in China for £80 each. Leo De Watts, 27, sells
air collected in the British countryside and ships it over to polluted
cities Shanghai and Beijing, where the wealthy elite pay a hefty sum for ...

Old news...

Yup, all of 4 days ago.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...7461.htmlrriet
Sinclair Saturday 6 February 201615 comments
Posted to alt.home.repair

Don wrote:
On 2/9/2016 1:27 PM, Bod wrote:
On 2/9/2016 8:23 PM, Don Y wrote:
On 2/9/2016 12:36 PM, Bod wrote:
[...]

I used to enjoy driving Apache trail near Phoenix.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Bod posted for all of us...

On 2/10/2016 8:05 PM, Tekkie® wrote:
Bod posted for all of us...

Man sells British fresh air to wealthy Chinese elite for £80 a jar
www.independent.co.uk ? News ? UK ? Home News
3 days ago - A businessman is raking in thousands of pounds selling jars
of ?fresh air? to people in China for £80 each. Leo De Watts, 27, sells
air collected in the British countryside and ships it over to polluted
cities Shanghai and Beijing, where the wealthy elite pay a hefty sum for ...

Old news...

Yup, all of 4 days ago.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...7461.htmlrriet
Sinclair Saturday 6 February 201615 comments

More than that. IIRC Fox News had it on about 2 weeks ago. Of course with
all the erection BS I may be wrong...

--
Tekkie

OT Brit humour. harry Home Repair 4 January 29th 12 09:27 AM
Learn Chinese ,chinese instrument and travel in Beijing Julia Home Repair 0 January 14th 08 02:06 AM
Learn Chinese ,chinese instrument and travel in Beijing Julia Home Repair 0 January 7th 08 01:43 AM
OT Another Brit Gas Price possible rsn Weatherlawyer UK diy 1 February 7th 06 02:03 PM
OT Another Brit Gas Price possible rsn raden UK diy 0 February 6th 06 09:26 PM