Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT HL 2240 Brother toner cart problem

I just replaced the toner cart in my monochrome printer and the printing
starts fading out after a few pages in a document. Previous carts didn't do
this. It is a Brother cart, not generic. I tried tilting the cart back and
forth as I used to do in my Laserjet when the cart was about empty but it
doesn't help much - same thing happens again after five or ten pages.

Toner light kept coming on after installing this cart until I found
directions on stopping it with Google (Mike's Technical Blog - All Things
I.T.) Any connection?

Have to discard a new cart for another?

Any suggestions?

TIA

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, February 9, 2016 at 10:45:57 AM UTC-6, KenK wrote:
I just replaced the toner cart in my monochrome printer and the printing
starts fading out after a few pages in a document. Previous carts didn't do
this. It is a Brother cart, not generic. I tried tilting the cart back and
forth as I used to do in my Laserjet when the cart was about empty but it
doesn't help much - same thing happens again after five or ten pages.

Toner light kept coming on after installing this cart until I found
directions on stopping it with Google (Mike's Technical Blog - All Things
I.T.) Any connection?

Have to discard a new cart for another?

Any suggestions?

TIA

http://tinyurl.com/hrvbdpp
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9 Feb 2016 16:45:50 GMT, KenK wrote:

I just replaced the toner cart in my monochrome printer and the printing

Is the make and model of the printer a secret? It might make a
difference.

Doesn't cart implies inkjet but toner implies laser?

starts fading out after a few pages in a document.

And then gets dark again at the start of the next document?? If you
only changed the cart, it sounds defective. If you bought he cart
new, I'd call the maker of the cart.

Previous carts didn't do
this. It is a Brother cart, not generic. I tried tilting the cart back and

Is it a Brother printer?

forth as I used to do in my Laserjet when the cart was about empty but it
doesn't help much - same thing happens again after five or ten pages.

Toner light kept coming on after installing this cart until I found
directions on stopping it with Google (Mike's Technical Blog - All Things
I.T.) Any connection?

Have to discard a new cart for another?

Any suggestions?

TIA

Posted to alt.home.repair

Micky wrote in
:

On 9 Feb 2016 16:45:50 GMT, KenK wrote:

I just replaced the toner cart in my monochrome printer and the
printing

Is the make and model of the printer a secret? It might make a
difference.

Doesn't cart implies inkjet but toner implies laser?

See post subject.

starts fading out after a few pages in a document.

And then gets dark again at the start of the next document?? If you
only changed the cart, it sounds defective. If you bought he cart
new, I'd call the maker of the cart.

I bought it many months ago so I'd have a cart on hand when needed.

Previous carts didn't do
this. It is a Brother cart, not generic. I tried tilting the cart back
and

Is it a Brother printer?

Yes

forth as I used to do in my Laserjet when the cart was about empty but
it doesn't help much - same thing happens again after five or ten
pages.

Toner light kept coming on after installing this cart until I found
directions on stopping it with Google (Mike's Technical Blog - All
Things I.T.) Any connection?

Have to discard a new cart for another?

Any suggestions?

TIA

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, February 9, 2016 at 11:44:00 AM UTC-6, Micky wrote:
[...]

Take your meds and calm down...he gave the right information.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/9/2016 11:45 AM, KenK wrote:
I just replaced the toner cart in my monochrome printer and the printing
starts fading out after a few pages in a document.

Have to discard a new cart for another?

Any suggestions?

TIA

Warranty? If you don't have the receipt, buy another and then take this
one back in that box.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9 Feb 2016 16:45:50 GMT, KenK wrote:

I just replaced the toner cart in my monochrome printer and the printing
starts fading out after a few pages in a document. Previous carts didn't do
this. It is a Brother cart, not generic. I tried tilting the cart back and
forth as I used to do in my Laserjet when the cart was about empty but it
doesn't help much - same thing happens again after five or ten pages.

Toner light kept coming on after installing this cart until I found
directions on stopping it with Google (Mike's Technical Blog - All Things
I.T.) Any connection?

Have to discard a new cart for another?

Any suggestions?

TIA

Does the software have a clean, or calibration function? Worth
checking and trying...

The cart may be bad, too. (shelf life)
Posted to alt.home.repair

I just replaced the toner cart in my monochrome printer and the printing
starts fading out after a few pages in a document. Previous carts didn't do
this. It is a Brother cart, not generic. I tried tilting the cart back and
forth as I used to do in my Laserjet when the cart was about empty but it
doesn't help much - same thing happens again after five or ten pages.

Toner light kept coming on after installing this cart until I found
directions on stopping it with Google (Mike's Technical Blog - All Things
I.T.) Any connection?
Have to discard a new cart for another?
Any suggestions?
TIA

Could it be the drum cartridge has lived its lifetime ?
Drum cartridge is good for 12,000 ; extended toner cartridge is good
for 2600 according to this Staples web page ..
http://www.staples.com/HL-2240/cat_CL165438
Usually there is a way to print out the usage statistics.
John T.