Posted to alt.home.repair
bob_villain bob_villain is offline

Default OT HL 2240 Brother toner cart problem

On Tuesday, February 9, 2016 at 11:44:00 AM UTC-6, Micky wrote:
On 9 Feb 2016 16:45:50 GMT, KenK wrote:

I just replaced the toner cart in my monochrome printer and the printing

Is the make and model of the printer a secret? It might make a
difference.

Doesn't cart implies inkjet but toner implies laser?

starts fading out after a few pages in a document.

And then gets dark again at the start of the next document?? If you
only changed the cart, it sounds defective. If you bought he cart
new, I'd call the maker of the cart.

Previous carts didn't do
this. It is a Brother cart, not generic. I tried tilting the cart back and

Is it a Brother printer?

forth as I used to do in my Laserjet when the cart was about empty but it
doesn't help much - same thing happens again after five or ten pages.

Toner light kept coming on after installing this cart until I found
directions on stopping it with Google (Mike's Technical Blog - All Things
I.T.) Any connection?

Have to discard a new cart for another?

Any suggestions?

TIA

Take your meds and calm down...he gave the right information.