Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT Blue vehicle headlights

Per rbowman:
There is a law bicycles have to have lighting. Sometimes I think that's
counterproductive. On dark roads with no traffic I find I fix on the
blinking LED. Like motorcycles, you go where you're looking.

I saw a NJ State cop quoted about conditions on the Atlantic City
Expressway as saying "Tail lights are drunk magnets".... His point being
that somebody who pulls over on the shoulder should extinguish all their
lights.
--
Pete Cresswell
Posted to alt.home.repair

Per Tekkie®:
Yes. Do you have cataracts or any other eye problems?

I have something called "Druzen"... some sort of lesions on the retina,
but my eye guy says it's not critical.... although I would not rule that
condition out as a cause of my experience...
--
Pete Cresswell
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/5/2016 1:31 PM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
Per rbowman:
There is a law bicycles have to have lighting. Sometimes I think that's
counterproductive. On dark roads with no traffic I find I fix on the
blinking LED. Like motorcycles, you go where you're looking.

I saw a NJ State cop quoted about conditions on the Atlantic City
Expressway as saying "Tail lights are drunk magnets".... His point being
that somebody who pulls over on the shoulder should extinguish all their
lights.

Makes sense. You often hear of stopped cars getting hit.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 05 Feb 2016 04:06:28 -0600, wrote:

On Thu, 4 Feb 2016 14:38:33 -0700, Tony Hwang wrote:

KenK wrote:
Do those blue (halogen?) headlights, getting more and more popular, often
blind you from an approaching vehicle? I seem to be finding them more and
more disturbing. If this is really a problem, why are they legal and how
did they get popular? Are they that effective for the driver using them?

Comments?

Strictly speaking those after market lights are mostly illegal. There
are other things too like driving without lights after sun down,
broken headlight, tail light, loud noisy cars, not flashing when
turning, changing lane, etc.

If the blue lights are illegal, there sure a lot of people who are NOT
being pulled over for having them.

Lots not pulled over for driving withou their lights on too. Or
driving with one headlight missing, or one tail light, or one signal
light -- Or not using their signals, or not stopping at stop signs, or
driving over the limit.

Just because they are not stopped doesn't mean all that is legal, does
it??

I mentioned in another reply, about someone having green headlights. He
was driving around town last summer with them. They looked like the
headlighs on that old "Green Hornet" tv series. That same night, the
cops did pull him over. I'm not sure if it was because of the lights,
but I bet it was. That was the last time I saw those green lights too.
So either he was made to change them, or else he was not from town.

Another oddball thing are these kids who have lights under their cars
that make the road glow. (Usually purple). I never understood why anyone
would spend money on something like that. They are not annoying though,
but they sure make no sense. I doubt any of them survive winter, or
maybe they remove them before the snow comes??? I always wondered if
those were legal?

Not legal for sure. And the box says in fairly bold print "for
exibition use only"

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/5/2016 11:31 AM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
Per rbowman:
There is a law bicycles have to have lighting. Sometimes I think that's
counterproductive. On dark roads with no traffic I find I fix on the
blinking LED. Like motorcycles, you go where you're looking.

I saw a NJ State cop quoted about conditions on the Atlantic City
Expressway as saying "Tail lights are drunk magnets".... His point being
that somebody who pulls over on the shoulder should extinguish all their
lights.

It is the *first* thing you do, here, when pulling over during a haboob.
Same sort of reasoning applies to snow/rain storms, fog, etc.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 5 Feb 2016 11:53:10 -0500, burfordTjustice
wrote:

On Thu, 04 Feb 2016 17:12:26 -0500
wrote:

On Thu, 4 Feb 2016 16:52:32 -0500, burfordTjustice
wrote:

On Thu, 04 Feb 2016 16:43:16 -0500
wrote:

On Thu, 4 Feb 2016 13:44:06 -0500, burfordTjustice
wrote:

On Thu, 4 Feb 2016 12:27:38 -0600
philo wrote:

On 02/04/2016 12:13 PM, KenK wrote:
philo wrote in
:

On 02/04/2016 11:44 AM, KenK wrote:
Do those blue (halogen?) headlights, getting more and more
popular, often blind you from an approaching vehicle? I
seem to be finding them more and more disturbing. If this
is really a problem, why are they legal and how did they
get popular? Are they that effective for the driver using
them?

Comments?

You never responded to any of the posts for your previous
question about printing photos.

The responses told me the photo file I had received lacked the
information needed to enlarge it without distortion so I
decided not to do so.

OK, as to the blue headlights, I have not seen any but it
sounds annoying...I suspect they are not even legal

You are completely WRONG!
A totally unqualified answer with hardly a shred of truth to it.

As usual from BTJ.

Are you also saying "I suspect they are not even legal"

if so then you are wrong also.

No I am not. I gave the explanation for my opinion - I said exactly
which ones WERE legal, and which ones were definitely not. I left out
the "questionable" ones like "silver star" replacement halogen bulbs -
which are sold in North America with "for off-road use only" on the
box.

Any light with a color temperature over 4200K is illegal by
definition.

Do try not to far during your back pedal..

I'm not back-pedalling.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 5 Feb 2016 08:52:18 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 2/5/2016 5:06 AM, wrote:

If the blue lights are illegal, there sure a lot of people who are NOT
being pulled over for having them.

I mentioned in another reply, about someone having green headlights. He
was driving around town last summer with them. They looked like the
headlighs on that old "Green Hornet" tv series. That same night, the
cops did pull him over. I'm not sure if it was because of the lights,
but I bet it was. That was the last time I saw those green lights too.
So either he was made to change them, or else he was not from town.

To be more specific-----
Some of the aftermarket headlights are a bluish cast. You can still
tell they are headlights though, just with a tint from the color
spectrum of the bulb.

True blue lights are for emergency vehicles such as firemen. Green
lights are for medical personnel. That may vary in other states. Cops
are quick to pull you over for things like that.

Another oddball thing are these kids who have lights under their cars
that make the road glow. (Usually purple). I never understood why anyone
would spend money on something like that. They are not annoying though,
but they sure make no sense.

They make the same sense as the goofy hats, T-shirts hair styles kids
wear. In our day we used to "nose and deck" a car by removing the
chrome and filling the holes, put Buick taillight lenses on a Chevy and
have baby moon hubcaps.

I never did any of that stuff....
About all I did was install a high end radio/tape player and a power amp
with big speakers. And in the 70's I had to have a CB radio with an
amplifier...

I did get my hands on a rotating red light and I put a magnet on the
bottom, so I could stick it on my roof, plug it in the cig lighter and
get cars to pull over, because they thought I was a cop. Back then it
seemed pretty funny !!!

One time I pulled a car over at bar closing time, in the park. I parked
behind them. Then I walked up to their car, and they were hiding their
beer. I did not look like a cop, but I told them I was under cover, and
they better give me the beer, or they are going to jail. They gave me
the beer! That was damn funny. But I didn't want to be an asshole, so I
told them this was just a joke and I gave them their beer back. They
laughed and we all walked into the park and shared the beer. I ended up
becoming friends with them.... Crazy **** we do when young!

I'm surprised I never got in trouble for doing that....
But things were a lot different back then.

The kids today dress like retards!!!
What drives me crazy are those tongue piercings. I could not even
fanthom doing that! OUCH!!!

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
"You're just desperate to have somebody take the bait, so you can wax
moronic about how you supposedly know all there is to know about tire
pressure, and that makes you smarter than everyone else. But, in fact,
you're just a dumb **** with an obsession with tire pressure, and
you'll take any opportunity to change the subject to any of your
idiotic hobbyhorses. FCKWAFA. AADFTOC. "

STOP

MONITORING

MY

USENET

ACTIVITY!!

WHAT is your interest in me? I am
not Josef Mengele or some fugitive
from ISIS!! All you are doing is
getting me on other posters killfile
lists. Stop wasting your time
stalking me around Usenet and
GET A DAMN LIFE!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/5/2016 11:29 AM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
Per notbob:

But yes, age is a factor. I'm in my late 60s and do not like to drive
at night. I can and I will, but I know the chances of being in an
accident are greater, so try and make necessary trips in daylight.
IOW, know yer limitations. Duh.

With my situation, it's way beyond anything I can consciously compensate
for. You just would not want to be anywhere nearby when/if I were
foolish enough to try driving at night.

Cannot cite, but somewhere I read that commercial airplane accidents
when landing were 10x more frequent after dark.

I recall a case study when I was in school in which certain flights
were experiencing a high rate of accidents -- but, always in a certain
direction (e-w vs w-e). It was eventually determined to be caused by
the aircraft descending *into* twilight (near sunset) and the pilots'
eyes not being to adapt fast enough to the changes in available light.
The "technology" (air travel) was too fast for the human operator!

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote: "Lots not pulled over for driving withou their lights on too."

That has got to be one of my biggest driving pet
peeves! That and lack of turn blinker usage.
Lately I'd guess that 1 out of 10 drivers, going
my way or opposite, is literally invisible after
dark, completely oblivious to the fact that their
headlights/tail lights are off!

If one does not know how to turn one's vehicle's
light on, then as far as I'm concerned they should
not even be driving. Lights on at night or during
inclement weather is one of the utmost basics
of driving.

Posted to alt.home.repair

thekma @ krybaby.org threw a tiny tantrum in
"You're just desperate to have somebody take the bait, so you can
wax
moronic about how you supposedly know all there is to know about
tire
pressure, and that makes you smarter than everyone else. But, in
fact,
you're just a dumb **** with an obsession with tire pressure, and
you'll take any opportunity to change the subject to any of your
idiotic hobbyhorses. FCKWAFA. AADFTOC. "

STOP

MONITORING

MY

USENET

ACTIVITY!!

If you want me to stop reading the dog**** you post to Usenet, stop
posting to groups I read. As for anything you order me to do, **** off
li'l buddy. The illiterate use of caps-lock and random line spacing
really adds to the air of dumb****ery that reeks around all your
posts.

WHAT is your interest in me?

Oh dear. Are you expecting me to explain that to yet one more time, so
you can forget and make the same whiny demand over and over again? I
already explained it. Several times. Aren't google-tards like you
supposed to know how to use google? Maybe not the really really stupid
ones.

All you are doing is getting me on other posters killfile lists.

If you're in anyone's killfile, it's your own fault, li'l buddy. Try
to have enough sack to take responsibility for the reasons people
don't like you. It's your own doing. You're an annoying and obsessive
dumb****. That's why people killfile you. ****ing retard.

Stop wasting your time stalking me around Usenet

You're not worth stalking, horse****-breath. If you don't want me to
see your posts, stop posting. Or at least stop posting the utter crap
that you like to post about your small number of obsessions.

and GET A DAMN LIFE!

Watch your blood pressure there, l'il buddy. Nobody wants to see a
retard have a heart attack on the short bus. Your blood pressure
should be adjusted to match the label on your underoos. I thought you
knew that. Haven't you been chimp-dancing about it lately, li'l buddy?

YRAAFOLDB.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote: "Oh dear. Are you expecting me to explain that to yet one more time, so
you can forget and make the same whiny demand over and over again? I
already explained it. Several times. Aren't google-tards like you
supposed to know how to use google? Maybe not the really really stupid
ones. "

You never explained it to me even ONCE. You
know me only from rec.audio.pro.

And do you know what CIVILIZED ADULTS on
Usenet do when they don't like something someone
else posted? They IGNORE them. They DON'T
EVEN REPLY. That should be common sense,
especially to someone who claims *I* lack such.

The only reason I'm replying to you is because
you are damaging my reputation on Usenet
with your broken record "dumb **** shortbus"
diatribe!

You're damn RIGHT I'll order you what to do:
STOP STALKING ME on usenet!

IGNORE ME, and I'll ignore you. We will BOTH
be a lot better off for it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

thikskull @ gmail.com wrote in message
news:03afc5af-0286-47c0-9c1b- wrote: "Oh dear. Are you expecting
me to explain that to yet one more time, so
you can forget and make the same whiny demand over and over again? I
already explained it. Several times. Aren't google-tards like you
supposed to know how to use google? Maybe not the really really
stupid
ones. "

You never explained it to me even ONCE.

Several times, actually, but you were to busy flogging a dead
hobbyhorse to notice.

You know me only from rec.audio.pro.

Oh?

And do you know what CIVILIZED ADULTS on
Usenet do when they don't like something someone
else posted? They IGNORE them. They DON'T
EVEN REPLY.

So are you uncivilized, or not an adult? You refuse to ignore me, and
you obsessively reply to me. Like the good little uncivilized dumb****
child you are.

The only reason I'm replying to you is because
you are damaging my reputation on Usenet
with your broken record "dumb **** shortbus"
diatribe!

You damage your own reputation with your kook-dancing more than anyone
else could. Think of all the moderated groups where you damaged your
reputation so much that they kicked you to the curb.

You're damn RIGHT I'll order you what to do:
STOP STALKING ME on usenet!

I'll do what I like, and I'm not stalking you. What you post can be
read by any of the millions and millions who can read Usenet. You
can't keep people from reading your posts. Not even me. If you want to
hide from me, just stop posting where I can read it. Or is that too
simple to get through the six-inch shell of granite surrounding your
raisin-sized brain?

IGNORE ME, and I'll ignore you. We will BOTH be a lot better off
for it.

I'll be the judge of what's best for me, and I certainly won't take
advice from a short-bus dumb**** like you.

Now keep paying attention to me and replying.

FCKWAFA.

Posted to alt.home.repair

philo wrote in :

On 02/04/2016 11:44 AM, KenK wrote:
Do those blue (halogen?) headlights, getting more and more popular,
often blind you from an approaching vehicle? I seem to be finding
them more and more disturbing. If this is really a problem, why are
they legal and how did they get popular? Are they that effective for
the driver using them?

Comments?

You never responded to any of the posts for your previous question
about printing photos.

The responses told me the photo file I had received lacked the
information needed to enlarge it without distortion so I decided not to
do so.

OK, as to the blue headlights, I have not seen any but it sounds
annoying...I suspect they are not even legal

I've seen a few and I think they would be illegal if the cops ticketed
them and the judge had any sense. But it might be a close call. Any
normal person perceives them as blue, and in AZ showing blue lights in
any direction is illegal. But it's a paler blue then what is usually
used on police cars so a judge conceivable could say they "aren't blue
enough to count". In my mind they clearly aren't white so they fail
the test of "any color between white and amber" which is what's legal
in the front as the general rule for lights. Amber might not be
allowed for the mandatory headlights though even though it's ok for
other lamps.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2016-02-04, (PeteCresswell) wrote:

I flat-out do not drive at night - and I even avoid driving late in the
afternoon because there's something badly missing in my night vision.
Can't put my finger on it.... technically, I think I *see* things, but
it's just not the same as in daylight.... part of it is peripheral
vision, part of it is speed/distance judgment, but there is lots more
and I'll check into a motel rather than drive home if I get caught down
the shore when the daylight window for the trip home has closed.

Sucks to be you!

But yes, age is a factor. I'm in my late 60s and do not like to drive
at night. I can and I will, but I know the chances of being in an
accident are greater, so try and make necessary trips in daylight.
IOW, know yer limitations. Duh.

nb

I'm 70 and have no problem if I'm the only car on the road. Add a lot
of other oncoming cars and it is getting more difficult. Add rain and
I'd rather not drive at night. Never bothered me when I was 20.

What a 66 year old can see at night is roughly half of what they could
see when they were 20.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 05 Feb 2016 16:38:20 -0600, wrote:

On Fri, 05 Feb 2016 14:27:34 -0500,
wrote:

Lots not pulled over for driving withou their lights on too. Or
driving with one headlight missing, or one tail light, or one signal
light -- Or not using their signals, or not stopping at stop signs, or
driving over the limit.

Just because they are not stopped doesn't mean all that is legal, does
it??

When you live in or near a small rural town (like I do), the cops pull
people over for every damn thing, because they have nothing better to
do. I got pulled over for not using my signal lights when pulling out of
a gas station. I said to the cop "are you serious, I never heard of that
being required." He just said it's a good idea to do.... I agreed, even
though I was thinking "what an asshole". Then I got pulled over for
having my brights on in town. Yea, I normally turn them off, but no one
is perfect and I come into town from the country so they are usually on
when I get there. I thought that was another stupid reason to be pulled
over.

I also got pulled over for a GOOD reason. My brake lights stopped
working. (Blown fuse). That I appreciated knowing, and I thanked the
cop. He didn't ticket me, he just told me to fix it, which I did the
next day.

I grew up in a small town in the sixties/early seventies and I worked
at a service station in town. On Good Friday I was trhere working on
my '35 Chevy when one of the town cops dropped by with his OHC
Firebird and wanted to buy gas. I told him the pumps were closed and
locked and I didn't have the key. He got "****y" about it and left in
a huff. (squealing the tires and spitting gravel stones everywhere)
From that day on I had nothing but trouble from the prick. My little
Valiant had a healthy note to the exhaust - even through the 100%
stock brand new exhaust I had installed, and he took exception to it.
He pulled me over and said I better get a new muffler. I told him it
was a brand new system from front to back, and offered to take it to
the shop and put it up in the air so he could see - and if he found
anything that was not right he could charge me - otherwise he could
forget it.

This was after he pulled me over and told me to get my license light
replaced before he saw me again. I went straight to the shop and
without even checking the bulb put on a complete brand new license
light assembly and checked to make sure IT was working. On my way home
from work that night he pulled me over and said "I thought I told you
to get your licence plate light fixed." I told him "I just replaced it
- isn't it working?" and pushed the door open to get out and checking.
He rubbed his shin and jumped in the cruiser and took off - it was
working. Just before that I was dropping a friend off in front of his
house which was just past an intersection on the main street. When I
was about 10 feet from the intersection I put on my right signat to
pull over, and this big green Pontiac pulled right out in front of me.
I locked up the brakes ans stopped inches from the cruiser door. He
hollered "arren't you going to turn?" and I told him I'd turn when he
got the cruiser out of my way.

A few of the other cops were "friends" who I could talk with - one in
particular - and as I was getting ready to leave town with my friend (
the one I was dropping off in the previous case) one night I saw the
cruiser and figured I'd see if he was on duty, so I followed the
cruiser for about 3 blocks until I saw it was the "prick" on duty. He
hadn't stopped for 2 stop signs and had not used his signal to turn -
but when I saw who it was I just turned at the light and left town as
I had planned. When I came back into town about 2 1/2 hours later, the
cruiser was parked at the side of the road at the entrance to town,
and when I passed he pulled right out behind me and followed me with
his brights on for a few blocks, then put on the "cherries" and pulled
me over.
I rolled the window down about 1/4 way and he yelled at me something
about "why was I following him?" and a bunch of other crap - He was
like a mad dog ready to crawl through the window. I told him I thought
Gordie was on duty and wanted to talk to him. He stalked back to the
cruiser and let me go.

I had had enough so at noon the next day I went into the police
station and said I wanted to lodge a complaint against the officer who
was on duty last night for harrassment - and said even IF I was
speeding or broke the law in any way, if it was HIM who charged me I'd
fight it and beat him if it broke me paying for the best lawyer I
could get. I also said I preferred if the report on the blotter did
not say who lodged the complaint - he'd know who it was anyway.

From that day on if he was walking the beat and we met - even on the
other side of the street he'd wave - and I NEVER had a problem with
him again.. If he was in the cruiser he'd tip his hat if he saw me.

I guess he never knew EXACTLY what I had told the sargeant, and
wasn't taking any chances finding out.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 02/05/2016 12:51 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

[snip]

Makes sense. You often hear of stopped cars getting hit.

Especially those with flashing red lights?

--
"...the only "right" a sodomite has in a Christian Theocracy is the
right to die." [Dan Gentry, of Christian Research]
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/6/2016 9:28 AM, Sam E wrote:
On 02/05/2016 12:51 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

[snip]

Makes sense. You often hear of stopped cars getting hit.

Especially those with flashing red lights?

Because folks put their hazzards on WHILE driving.
And, if driving slow, virtually indistinguishable
from stopped. So, see flashing (brake) lights and
it is just as likely to be someone creeping along
IN THE LANE as it is someone stopped roadside. I.e.,
no way to know if you want to be "behind them" or
not.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

When you live in or near a small rural town (like I do), the cops pull
people over for every damn thing, because they have nothing better to
do.

More because traffic fines make up a significant portion of the revenues
of many local governments. Even in large cities, much of traffic
enforcement is now more about money than safety.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 05 Feb 2016 20:41:40 -0500, wrote:

[...]

From that day on if he was walking the beat and we met - even on the
other side of the street he'd wave - and I NEVER had a problem with
him again.. If he was in the cruiser he'd tip his hat if he saw me.

I guess he never knew EXACTLY what I had told the sargeant, and
wasn't taking any chances finding out.

We have a cop like that here, and that asshole is the one that pulled me
over for the stupid reasons. Everyone complains about him. I'm surprised
he has not yet lost his job. Another cop who eveyone likes, is the one
who pulled me over about my non-working brake lights, and he was decent
about it, just told me to fix it. I like that guy!

Posted to alt.home.repair

posted for all of us...

On 4 Feb 2016 17:44:16 GMT, KenK wrote:

Do those blue (halogen?) headlights, getting more and more popular, often
blind you from an approaching vehicle? I seem to be finding them more and
more disturbing. If this is really a problem, why are they legal and how
did they get popular? Are they that effective for the driver using them?

Comments?

I hate those fu####g blue headlights.....
I have gone so far as to complain to the D.O.T.
When they were first coming into the market, I had a car behind me with
them, and he either had loose bulbs or very bad shocks. That made it
look like a police car was pulling me over. I pulled over only to
realize it was some asshole with blue headlights....

I have also seen similar bulbs in pink and green tints. (Not much
better).

I know my eyes are not what they used to be, but those blue bulbs are
terrible. Yet the worst of all, was when I had just reached the top of a
hill, and some pickup truck had white headlights AND fog lights at the
same time, and apparently had his brights on too. I literally could not
see anything, and that part of the road has a sharp curve. If it was not
for the fact that I know that road, I may have ended up in the ditch. I
still slammed on the brakes, because I could not see anything at all.
Since I was nearly stopped at that point, I called 911, and told them
the location and what happened. Whether anything happend, I dont know,
but they said they check into it.

Fog lights should turn on with low beams only. We used to check this during
inspection and some DIY's had them wired incorrectly which meant a phone
call as to whom did they want to fix it-us or them. Also had to be mounted a
certain height above the road surface.

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

From that day on if he was walking the beat and we met - even on the
other side of the street he'd wave - and I NEVER had a problem with
him again.. If he was in the cruiser he'd tip his hat if he saw me.

I guess he never knew EXACTLY what I had told the sargeant, and
wasn't taking any chances finding out.

We have a cop like that here, and that asshole is the one that pulled me
over for the stupid reasons. Everyone complains about him. I'm surprised
he has not yet lost his job. Another cop who eveyone likes, is the one
who pulled me over about my non-working brake lights, and he was decent
about it, just told me to fix it. I like that guy!

We had another one ninknamed "supercop" on the Regional force a few
years back who held the record for the number of citations in a month
- and surprizingly EVERY one of them was "clean". He just had the eyes
of an eagle and the memory of an elephant. He would catch more
"driving under suspension" offenders, and "DUI"s than any 3 other
cops, and very seldom pulled someone over on suspicion without being
able to lay a solid choice.

He'd remember every DUI he had layed in the last year, and exactly
what the guy looked like, what he drove, where he lived, and where he
liked to drink, so if he saw a slightly balding guy with black glasses
driving a beige Citation with a blue sticker on the corner of the
windsheild between the Lancaster Hotel and the east end of Kitchener
he knew it was "steady eddie" who had pulled over and charged 11
months ago for DUI and he was driving again a month early. On come the
lights, over he goes, and back to court. Another DWD, anothe DUI, and
an uninsured motorist at the same time - and possibly another open
bottle, or posession of weed, or whatever on top of it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 6 Feb 2016 17:38:48 -0500, Tekkie® wrote:

[...]

Almost correct. With single headlights it was legal to run fogs or
driving lights with high beam, The law limited you to a total of 4
projecting beams facing forward.

With cars with quad headlights, the fogs were only allowed on low beam
- and if you wanted to run driving lights you needed to switch off the
inner high beam only units to turn on the drivers.
Or do like we did on the Rallye Renault R12 and the gold Cricket - one
big mother of a driving light, and one high beem sealed beam removed
and the hole repurposed as a cold air intake for the carbs. On the
cricket it also had a fog light.

Both of them were like turning on the sun when you turned on that big
bad Cibie blasting down a back rallye road!!!

Posted to alt.home.repair

posted for all of us...

wrote:

[...]

You are what you called yourself... ASSHOLE

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

posted for all of us...

wrote:

[...]

From that day on I had nothing but trouble from the prick. My little
[...]

That was a good dept. Not that they had this guy but they corrected the
problem. He probably had a history of this crap. Now the cams would show it
all.

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

Neill Massello posted for all of us...

wrote:

When you live in or near a small rural town (like I do), the cops pull
people over for every damn thing, because they have nothing better to
do.

More because traffic fines make up a significant portion of the revenues
of many local governments. Even in large cities, much of traffic
enforcement is now more about money than safety.

One would think so, but when I asked the chief he had no idea and we went to
see the township manager who gave us the figure. It was surprising small as
the fines are shared among several entities.

--
Tekkie

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

When you live in or near a small rural town (like I do), the cops pull
people over for every damn thing, because they have nothing better to
do.

More because traffic fines make up a significant portion of the revenues
of many local governments. Even in large cities, much of traffic
enforcement is now more about money than safety.

One would think so, but when I asked the chief he had no idea and we went to
see the township manager who gave us the figure. It was surprising small as
the fines are shared among several entities.

Aroung here all the "small towns" are policed either by the
"regional" or "provincial" police departments
Not many small town departments any more.

Region of Waterloo police covers the entire region - Kitchener,
Waterloo, Elmira, New Hamburg, St Jacobs, Conestogo, Baden and all
the little burgs in between. In other counties or regions the Ontario
Provincial Police cover the smaller towns
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/8/2016 4:26 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

I once got pulled over for having by brights on. The cop told me that
drunks often don't lower them. I was on my way in 30 seconds. He was
just keeping the road safe. I try to avoid driving the hour after the
bars close too.

I got pulled over a couple nights ago. I practiced
Chris Rock's "how not to get you ahh kicked by the
PO leeze." And was on my way about a minute later.

--
..
Christopher A. Young

Headlights oscillating Snuffy \Hub Cap\ McKinney Home Repair 57 August 9th 15 08:43 PM
Headlights Steve B[_13_] Metalworking 22 April 8th 13 09:07 PM
cleaning car headlights Jules Richardson UK diy 28 October 26th 11 05:25 PM
Vehicle ownership and changing vehicle registered keeper PM UK diy 46 May 2nd 08 08:21 AM
Blue, blue, my world is blue -- is this fixable? Eric Vey Electronics Repair 2 September 24th 03 10:45 PM