Posted to alt.home.repair

Default HELP frozen heat pump

On Saturday, January 22, 2000 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-5, Michelle Bailey wrote:
Our heat pump has frozen due to the temperature and the rain falling into
it. The blades will not turn and the cover has a thick layer of ice over
it. Isn't there a way to reverse a heat pump and force heated air out?
Wouldn't that thaw it out?

I have trouble believing that a heat pump can freeze up since they were made
to be outside. What a screwy system. Mine have frozen also.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
On Saturday, January 22, 2000 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-5, Michelle Bailey wrote:
Our heat pump has frozen due to the temperature and the rain falling into
it. The blades will not turn and the cover has a thick layer of ice over
it. Isn't there a way to reverse a heat pump and force heated air out?
Wouldn't that thaw it out?

I have trouble believing that a heat pump can freeze up since they were
made
to be outside. What a screwy system. Mine have frozen also.

The origional seems many years old,but maybe the reply is new.

A heatpump often freezes over, but it is suspose to reverse the cycle before
much ice forms. This melts the ice out. It should be made so it will not
freeze from direct rain, but just condenses the moisture out of the air.