DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   HELP frozen heat pump (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/389639-re-help-frozen-heat-pump.html)

[email protected] January 25th 16 08:08 PM

HELP frozen heat pump

On Saturday, January 22, 2000 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-5, Michelle Bailey wrote:
Our heat pump has frozen due to the temperature and the rain falling into
it. The blades will not turn and the cover has a thick layer of ice over
it. Isn't there a way to reverse a heat pump and force heated air out?
Wouldn't that thaw it out?

I have trouble believing that a heat pump can freeze up since they were made
to be outside. What a screwy system. Mine have frozen also.

Ralph Mowery January 25th 16 08:24 PM

HELP frozen heat pump

wrote in message
On Saturday, January 22, 2000 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-5, Michelle Bailey wrote:
Our heat pump has frozen due to the temperature and the rain falling into
it. The blades will not turn and the cover has a thick layer of ice over
it. Isn't there a way to reverse a heat pump and force heated air out?
Wouldn't that thaw it out?

I have trouble believing that a heat pump can freeze up since they were
made
to be outside. What a screwy system. Mine have frozen also.

The origional seems many years old,but maybe the reply is new.

A heatpump often freezes over, but it is suspose to reverse the cycle before
much ice forms. This melts the ice out. It should be made so it will not
freeze from direct rain, but just condenses the moisture out of the air.

Stormin Mormon[_10_] January 25th 16 10:56 PM

HELP frozen heat pump

On 1/25/2016 3:08 PM, wrote:
On Saturday, January 22, 2000 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-5, Michelle Bailey wrote:

I have trouble believing that a heat pump can freeze up since they were made
to be outside. What a screwy system. Mine have frozen also.

Jan of 2000? That's over 16 years ago.

-
..
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus
..
www.lds.org
..
..

Tony Hwang January 25th 16 11:35 PM

HELP frozen heat pump

Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 1/25/2016 3:08 PM, wrote:
On Saturday, January 22, 2000 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-5, Michelle Bailey wrote:

I have trouble believing that a heat pump can freeze up since they
were made
to be outside. What a screwy system. Mine have frozen also.

Jan of 2000? That's over 16 years ago.

-
.
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus
.
www.lds.org
.
.

Maybe it is still frozen...

Stormin Mormon[_10_] January 25th 16 11:56 PM

HELP frozen heat pump

wrote:

I have trouble believing that a heat pump can freeze up since they
were made
to be outside. What a screwy system. Mine have frozen also.

Jan of 2000? That's over 16 years ago.

Maybe it is still frozen...

Of course, that's very possible. I'm truly
apologetic. Soon as we hear from the OP,
we'll see what has been tried since then.

-
..
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus
..
www.lds.org
..
..

Uncle Monster[_2_] January 28th 16 05:15 AM

HELP frozen heat pump

On Monday, January 25, 2016 at 4:56:29 PM UTC-6, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 1/25/2016 3:08 PM, wrote:
On Saturday, January 22, 2000 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-5, Michelle Bailey wrote:

I have trouble believing that a heat pump can freeze up since they were made
to be outside. What a screwy system. Mine have frozen also.

Jan of 2000? That's over 16 years ago.
-
.

The OP switched to a ground source heat pump 6 years ago. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Pump Monster