Posted to alt.home.repair

Default (OT) Henry Winkler sells out his whole generation

This has nothing to do with home repair, but it has a lot to do with
your home ownership.

In the 60s and 70's Winkler was "The Fonz" someone we looked up to, and
admired. Later he played parts in movies and continued to entertain his
generation, (meaning the so called "baby boomers"). Being from that
genertion, I know I always looked up to him as a good actor, comedian,
and entertainer.

In recent years, with Winkler being around the age of 70, he's selling
out his whole generation by doing commercials and acting as a spokesman
for reverse mortgages through Quicken Loans. Which is little more than a
scam to rob senior citizens of their home. Sure, they claim you can
still live in your home, but read the fine print and you'll soon
discover the scam.

SHAME ON YOU HENRY WINKLER!

You have sold out your whole generation, and YOU are one of us seniors,
but we all know you wont need a reverse mortgage. You're probably making
enough money just from doing these scam commercials, not to mention all
the wealth you made from your acting career. You just lost me as an
admirer and fan. You're a crook. I wont be watching any of your movies
or the re-runs of "Happy Days" series anymore.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/19/2016 8:39 AM, wrote:
[...]

At least one web page agrees.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/reverse-...fonz-sell-you/

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/19/2016 7:39 AM, wrote:
[...]

Although I personally have nothing against Winkler...as a Milwaukeean I
was kind of miffed that they put up a statue of him downtown.

He is nothing but an actor and I would have preferred they put a statue
up of someone from Milwaukee who actually did good. Out of a city of a
million or so I bet there are two or three good people here.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/19/2016 2:22 PM, philo wrote:
On 1/19/2016 7:39 AM, wrote:
[...]

I have no problem with old actors/politicians trying to make a buck but
have been very leery about reverse mortgages.

They say they are insured but the insurance is to the issuer not the
borrower.

My brother looked into it and you also have to pay a big property
assessment fee and maybe others. Dave Ramsey says you are better off
down-sizing if you can no longer afford to live in your house.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/19/2016 1:50 PM, Frank wrote:

Although I personally have nothing against Winkler...as a Milwaukeean I
was kind of miffed that they put up a statue of him downtown.

He is nothing but an actor and I would have preferred they put a statue
up of someone from Milwaukee who actually did good. Out of a city of a
million or so I bet there are two or three good people here.

I have no problem with old actors/politicians trying to make a buck but
have been very leery about reverse mortgages.

They say they are insured but the insurance is to the issuer not the
borrower.

My brother looked into it and you also have to pay a big property
assessment fee and maybe others. Dave Ramsey says you are better off
down-sizing if you can no longer afford to live in your house.

I have no doubt that on the average, the adds are heavily in favor of
the reverse mortgager rather than the home owner but I can understand
why someone would want to stay in their own home and not worry about
their heirs getting a better return.

Today's financial system sucks though!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/19/2016 8:39 AM, wrote:
[...]

I haven't seen the ads but if Henry is like most actors, they don't
really pay attention to the details of the product they pitch. Their
agents simply get them a gig to make some money and they simply play a
role. I'm willing to bet he doesn't even know much about Quicken Loans
or at least, didn't prior to the agreement.

Do you really believe Jennifer Garner uses a Capital One card or at
least even know much about it?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 19 Jan 2016 13:57:23 -0600, philo wrote:

[...]

This looks like a vehicle for someone with no heirs and they just want
to live out their life in their home.
I guess it is a way to screw your kids if you are mad at them tho.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 19 Jan 2016 17:13:33 -0500, Meanie
wrote:

Do you really believe Jennifer Garner uses a Capital One card or at
least even know much about it?

Do you really believe Home Gay hasn't nym shifted three times today,
formally known as Paintedcow? His other post was about his compulsion
of frozen dicks.

People fall for his trolls.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Do you really believe Jennifer Garner uses a Capital One card or at
least even know much about it?

Do you really believe Home Gay hasn't nym shifted three times today,
formally known as Paintedcow? His other post was about his compulsion
of frozen dicks.

People fall for his trolls.

Thanks for the heads up. I actually thought Philo was the originator of
this topic until I read your comment. I need better glasses.
Posted to alt.home.repair

philo posted for all of us...

On 1/19/2016 7:39 AM, wrote:
[...]

I agree. When I think of Milwaukee I think of beer or Milwaukee Tools. Beer
not so much any more...

--
Tekkie

Posted to alt.home.repair

posted for all of us...

[...]

I will note that I don't have any kids so this taints my perspective.

Kids shouldn't expect a wad of money. Other than life insurance to send them
to school if one croaks. My parents didn't have a pot to **** in and I had
no expectations. It was their money and I did not tell them how to spend it.
They were cognizant of what they had when they retired. They gave my brother
and me a good life, I know they had hard times on account of it.

Now kids get new cars upon graduation. Trips to find themselves. Is this a
good thing? Better persons than me can answer that question.

If you want to leave a legacy give it to a worthwhile charity, depending on
your wishes. Church, SPCA, Wounded Warriors, cancer, your imagination, make
certain they spend the money wisely.

If one has extra bux they don't need then send them to me! 8-)

--
Tekkie

Thank you Mike Henry Ignoramus2408 Metalworking 15 August 9th 09 09:38 PM
Smelly Henry Lobster UK diy 8 December 3rd 07 10:32 PM
Henry and the Filler Anna Kettle UK diy 12 September 26th 07 08:53 AM
Mike Henry Ignoramus10724 Metalworking 1 August 12th 07 02:39 PM
Henry is out of breath GB UK diy 9 July 14th 07 11:48 PM