Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT, Dale "Buffin" Griffin has died at age 67. RIP

This is getting strange. Entertainers I liked are dying this month and their ages are all in the same range. Late 60's and early 70's. Griffin was the drummer of the band Mott the Hoople. You may have heard a song by them and never known the name of the band because it was all over. The band also had a connection to David Bowie who also just passed away. I'm getting paranoid. o_O

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mott_the_Hoople

Pay attention to the clothing on the band members and in the scenes of young people from the 1970's. ^_^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkqQj8Z_aVY

[8~{} Uncle Hoople Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/19/2016 4:48 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
This is getting strange. Entertainers I liked are dying this month and their ages are all in the same range. Late 60's and early 70's. Griffin was the drummer of the band Mott the Hoople. You may have heard a song by them and never known the name of the band because it was all over. The band also had a connection to David Bowie who also just passed away. I'm getting paranoid. o_O

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mott_the_Hoople

Pay attention to the clothing on the band members and in the scenes of young people from the 1970's. ^_^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkqQj8Z_aVY

[8~{} Uncle Hoople Monster

I'd imagine statistics of entertainers deaths would show maybe a 10 year
plus lower life span. Alcohol, drugs, smoking, inconsistent work and
sleep schedules are probably the main contributors to their early demise.

With some of them it is surprising that they live as long as they do.

Look at their antics on TMZ which follows some of the creepier around.
Train wrecks waiting to happen, e.g. Charlie Sheen.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In his other life, Frank is a catholic priest.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 01/19/2016 06:15 AM, Frank wrote:
I'd imagine statistics of entertainers deaths would show maybe a 10 year
plus lower life span. Alcohol, drugs, smoking, inconsistent work and
sleep schedules are probably the main contributors to their early demise.

With some of them it is surprising that they live as long as they do.

It all worked for Willie Nelson. He's 82 and still ticking although he's
slowed down a little lately.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 19 Jan 2016 01:48:05 -0800 (PST), Uncle Monster
wrote:

This is getting strange. Entertainers I liked are dying this month and their ages are all in the same range. Late 60's and early 70's. Griffin was the drummer of the band Mott the Hoople. You may have heard a song by them and never known the name of the band because it was all over. The band also had a connection to David Bowie who also just passed away. I'm getting paranoid. o_O

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mott_the_Hoople

Pay attention to the clothing on the band members and in the scenes of young people from the 1970's. ^_^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkqQj8Z_aVY

[8~{} Uncle Hoople Monster

Saw Mott the Hoople (1971) in Frankfurt, Germany. They opened for
Humble Pie. Many great British rock bands. Took the train back to
Schweinfurt, to find out I was going home. Nixon gave many of us a six
month early discharge from the Army.

_Humble Pie-30 Days In The Hole _ (Steve Marriott RIP)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdXjm8pZMws

_Humble Pie - I Don't Need No Doctor _

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZMmV6xXYFw

:-\

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 19 Jan 2016 08:08:37 -0700, rbowman
wrote:

On 01/19/2016 06:15 AM, Frank wrote:
I'd imagine statistics of entertainers deaths would show maybe a 10 year
plus lower life span. Alcohol, drugs, smoking, inconsistent work and
sleep schedules are probably the main contributors to their early demise.

With some of them it is surprising that they live as long as they do.

It all worked for Willie Nelson. He's 82 and still ticking although he's
slowed down a little lately.

Keith Richards is still kickin'. He should be in a museum :-|
Posted to alt.home.repair

Frank posted for all of us...

[...]

HAA See, having money just f's you up.

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

Oren posted for all of us...

wrote:

On 01/19/2016 06:15 AM, Frank wrote:
I'd imagine statistics of entertainers deaths would show maybe a 10 year
plus lower life span. Alcohol, drugs, smoking, inconsistent work and
sleep schedules are probably the main contributors to their early demise.

With some of them it is surprising that they live as long as they do.

It all worked for Willie Nelson. He's 82 and still ticking although he's
slowed down a little lately.

Keith Richards is still kickin'. He should be in a museum :-|

A good embalmer...

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 19 Jan 2016 15:19:42 -0500, Tekkie®
wrote:

Keith Richards is still kickin'. He should be in a museum :-|

A good embalmer...

He's the only person I heard of that snorted part of his father's
cremated remains. He admitted it. I guess when we see his obituary,
our time is coming an end, soon.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/19/16 1:18 PM, Oren wrote:
Nixon gave many of us a six
month early discharge from the Army.

I was there, too, in 1971 (Bamberg).

Got released early (February) instead of waiting until June.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 19 Jan 2016 16:59:46 -0500, John Albert
wrote:

On 1/19/16 1:18 PM, Oren wrote:
Nixon gave many of us a six
month early discharge from the Army.

I was there, too, in 1971 (Bamberg).

Got released early (February) instead of waiting until June.

Without looking, my DD-214 says Feb 2, 1972. Were you drafted to?
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , Frank wrote:
On 1/19/2016 4:48 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
This is getting strange. Entertainers I liked are dying this month

and their ages are all in the same range. Late 60's and early 70's.
Griffin was the drummer of the band Mott the Hoople. You may have
heard a song by them and never known the name of the band because it
was all over. The band also had a connection to David Bowie who also
just passed away. I'm getting paranoid. o_O

I'd imagine statistics of entertainers deaths would show maybe a 10 year
plus lower life span. Alcohol, drugs, smoking, inconsistent work and
sleep schedules are probably the main contributors to their early demise.

With some of them it is surprising that they live as long as they do.

The recent deaths I've noticed have been cancer. Other than
smoking:lung connection I don't think sex, drugs, and rock n roll is
much of a risk factor for many cancers.

All the obits has me thinking that we've reached maturity of the Age of
Celebrity. With a large and growing pool of people with a public
presence which has been growing long enough that enough folks are "aging
out" that I expect soon that someone well-known will die every day. Not
sure how that will last. Is fame a finite resource?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Oren posted for all of us...

wrote:

Keith Richards is still kickin'. He should be in a museum :-|

A good embalmer...

He's the only person I heard of that snorted part of his father's
cremated remains. He admitted it. I guess when we see his obituary,
our time is coming an end, soon.

I ain't joining that race... If I have to I want to be the turtle.

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

Fake ID posted for all of us...

The recent deaths I've noticed have been cancer. Other than
smoking:lung connection I don't think sex, drugs, and rock n roll is
much of a risk factor for many cancers.

It seems to me that if they get off the drugs early enough it acts as a
preservative for these critters. IDK

--
Tekkie