Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default well off topic - PC has "died"

On Oct 2, 3:20*pm, "sweetheart" wrote:
I wonder if anyone is good enough with computers to know what this problem
is?

Computer switches on and begins to boot up and then goes beep beep (quick)
beep beep beep beep;
The monitor is blank and when I press the on switch for it I get " no signal
input"

What could it be?

Computer is about five years old, Cougar ( as recommended by PC advisor)
don't know *what its bits are ( like processor *although its a duel core and
its running on Vista.).

Is it a case of a new computer? All my stuff is on there and sods law - I
had the back up pen drive *taken at work about three days ago. So I need *to
retrieve all my files.

Before anyone asks - this is a silly rubbish lap top I have which has
nothing at all running on it. *Thanks for any help.

When mine packed, my local computer shop put the hard disk into a box
that I can plug into the "new" computer. (USB plug.) So I can
retrieve all my files though the programmes on it wont run.