Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Tailand enters the space race

https://www.youtube.com/embed/pD_yQZ4iNjY?rel=0
Posted to alt.home.repair

Eagle wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/embed/pD_yQZ4iNjY?rel=0

In high school I played with something like that.
Broke whole bunch of window panes. I was not punished.
Principal was forgiving.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, December 19, 2015 at 3:22:10 PM UTC-6, Eagle wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/embed/pD_yQZ4iNjY?rel=0

That is so cool! \(—¦'Œ£'—¦)/

Without the embedding: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pD_yQZ4iNjY

[8~{} Uncle Embedded Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, December 19, 2015 at 3:57:08 PM UTC-6, Tony Hwang wrote:
Eagle wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/embed/pD_yQZ4iNjY?rel=0

In high school I played with something like that.
Broke whole bunch of window panes. I was not punished.
Principal was forgiving.

If a kid did something like that now, he'd be arrested and charged with terrorism. Š™.˜‰

[8~{} Uncle Rocket Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 19 Dec 2015 13:22:07 -0800, "Eagle"
wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/pD_yQZ4iNjY?rel=0

I don't think it has the distance to reach orbit ;-)

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/pD_yQZ4iNjY?rel=0

I don't think it has the distance to reach orbit ;-)

Would be good show done in the dark.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 19 Dec 2015 14:57:03 -0700, Tony Hwang
wrote:

Eagle wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/embed/pD_yQZ4iNjY?rel=0

In high school I played with something like that.
Broke whole bunch of window panes. I was not punished.
Principal was forgiving.

We dabbled with all sorts of home made rockets in the early 60s. I am
surprised we survived with all limbs intact.
We had some zinc dust (for sulfur and zinc dust fuel) but it was hard
to come by. Our go to fuel was potassium nitrate and sugar. The trick
was making nozzles but a crossman cylinder was a ready made rocket
motor case (drill out the end to 1/4")
You could saw off the end and press it into an aluminum pipe from old
lawn furniture but they blew out, even if we epoxied them in (that
expansion rate thing).

Posted to alt.home.repair

Per Uncle Monster:
That is so cool!

+1
--
Pete Cresswell
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/19/2015 3:22 PM, Eagle wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/embed/pD_yQZ4iNjY?rel=0

Amazon drone?
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/pD_yQZ4iNjY?rel=0

I don't get it. It seems to be exploding, but then it takes off
pretty well, and that must be the intended payload because that's the
part with the parachute.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Eagle wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/embed/pD_yQZ4iNjY?rel=0

In high school I played with something like that.
Broke whole bunch of window panes. I was not punished.
Principal was forgiving.

We dabbled with all sorts of home made rockets in the early 60s. I am
surprised we survived with all limbs intact.
We had some zinc dust (for sulfur and zinc dust fuel) but it was hard
to come by. Our go to fuel was potassium nitrate and sugar. The trick
was making nozzles but a crossman cylinder was a ready made rocket
motor case (drill out the end to 1/4")
You could saw off the end and press it into an aluminum pipe from old
lawn furniture but they blew out, even if we epoxied them in (that
expansion rate thing).

When I was a kid we played with the rocket kits and factory made cardboard tube rocket engines. Of course we also made bombs. (€¢€¿€¢)

[8~{} Uncle Rocket Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Eagle wrote:
[...]

The KNO3 and sugar in a crossman cylinder was a pretty effective
engine with more power than the Estes motor. You could put one in a
Bering cigar tube and never see it again. We shot them out of a piece
of 1" pipe and they really went for a ride. We never really got the
spin we wanted for stability tho. You never knew where they were going
to go.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Eagle wrote:
[...]

I've seen the CO2 cylinders used for all sorts of nefarious purposes, even grenades. Those darn things can be dangerous when backed with gunpowder and an igniter for a model rocket engine. I would use copper tubing to make bombs by flattening and folding over one end. Then flattening the other end but making a channel for a fuse or homemade electric detonator. I used to make my own igniters with a fine wire wrapped around a match head. A lantern battery would supply enough current to heat the fine wire thus igniting the match head and whatever else the match head was touching. I was a regular little terrorist. ヽ(€¢€¿€¢)ノ

[8~{} Uncle Bomb Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Eagle wrote:
[...]

A CO2 cylinder will really go up if you use Potassium chlorate and
sugar. We thought that would make better rocket fuel but it blew up,
shattering the pipe and blowing out the concrete block we had it in

[8~{} Uncle Bomb Monster

Posted to alt.home.repair

Uncle Monster brought next idea :

wrote:

Eagle wrote:
[...]

Making exposives isn't complicated. The easiest explosive you can make
is with furtilizer...Ammonium nitrate. Mix in some diesel fuel and you
have a very powerful exposive. This is what took down the Alfred P.
Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City.

Bombadier Eagle

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/pD_yQZ4iNjY?rel=0

I don't get it. It seems to be exploding, but then it takes off
pretty well, and that must be the intended payload because that's the
part with the parachute.

That video was a farce Micky. lol
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/pD_yQZ4iNjY?rel=0

I don't think it has the distance to reach orbit ;-)

Would be good show done in the dark.

....and you could send it to the Sun, if it was night time! 😎
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Eagle wrote:
[...]

My oldest brother was a Green Beret in Vietnam. He said one of the things they did was to build fertilizer bombs. They built some big ones. ( ”'_')” BAM ”“('_'”“)

[8~{} Uncle Bomb Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Eagle wrote:
[...]

During the war, our toys were real live grenades, ammo, artillery
shells. Guns of all sorts we found in the field.
Many kids got killed, maimed. Once I walked into a claymore field,
luckily I came out of it without detonating any one. Still makes me
shudder thinking about. Some one was yelling at me to see those trip
wires and not to touch it. I owe my life to him, I am sure.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 20 Dec 2015 08:31:44 -0800, "Eagle"
wrote:

Making exposives isn't complicated. The easiest explosive you can make
is with furtilizer...Ammonium nitrate. Mix in some diesel fuel and you
have a very powerful exposive. This is what took down the Alfred P.
Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City.

Bombadier Eagle

The thing nobody mentions is ammatol is just a booster. You need a
high explosive to set it off and a low order pipe bomb won't do the
trick. McVeigh had a block of C4.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Tony Hwang presented the following explanation :

wrote:

Eagle wrote:
[...]

I was behind the scenes then Tony. :/

73
Posted to alt.home.repair

Eagle presented the following explanation :

BTW, what bands do you favor Tony?
I use 17 meters or 40 meters mostly. Right now My steppIR is down, so
no DX till I get the driven element back together. One of the
fiberglass tubes on the driven element box flew off in a big wind storm
we had a few months back. My Tower is nested until I get that tube back
in place.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Eagle wrote:
[...]

'Drop a grenade in that and you got ya something !
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/pD_yQZ4iNjY?rel=0

I don't get it. It seems to be exploding, but then it takes off
pretty well, and that must be the intended payload because that's the
part with the parachute.

That video was a farce Micky. lol

I think it was pretty good!

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Eagle wrote:
[...]

I remember something about big mounds of chicken poop being very dangerous to have around close to a village or camp. A small explosive charge can turn a mound into quite a big bomb. Š™.˜‰

[8~{} Uncle Mound Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

Uncle Monster pretended :

wrote:

Eagle wrote:
[...]

?(€¢?€¢)?

[8~{} Uncle Bomb Monster

Making exposives isn't complicated. The easiest explosive you can make
is with furtilizer...Ammonium nitrate. Mix in some diesel fuel and you
have a very powerful exposive. This is what took down the Alfred P.
Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City.

Bombadier Eagle

My oldest brother was a Green Beret in Vietnam. He said one of the things
they did was to build fertilizer bombs. They built some big ones. ( ?'_')?
BAM ?('_'?)

[8~{} Uncle Bomb Monster

'Drop a grenade in that and you got ya something !

I remember something about big mounds of chicken poop being very dangerous to
have around close to a village or camp. A small explosive charge can turn a
mound into quite a big bomb. Š™.˜‰

[8~{} Uncle Mound Monster

Just the ticket! A **** bomb! lol
Posted to alt.home.repair

Micky presented the following explanation :

wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/pD_yQZ4iNjY?rel=0

I don't get it. It seems to be exploding, but then it takes off
pretty well, and that must be the intended payload because that's the
part with the parachute.

That video was a farce Micky. lol

I think it was pretty good!

I laughed My ass off! lol
Posted to alt.home.repair

Uncle Monster posted for all of us...

My oldest brother was a Green Beret in Vietnam. He said one of the things
they did was to build fertilizer bombs. They built some big ones. ( ?'_')?
BAM ?('_'?)

This message has been cleaned by MessageCleaner.exe v2.17
http://www.RoundhillSoftware.com/Mes...aner?HFMdqUjAW

[8~{} Uncle Bomb Monster

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

Uncle Monster posted for all of us...

My oldest brother was a Green Beret in Vietnam. He said one of the things
they did was to build fertilizer bombs. They built some big ones. ( ?'_')?
BAM ?('_'?)

This message has been cleaned by MessageCleaner.exe v2.17
http://www.RoundhillSoftware.com/Mes...aner?HFMdqUjAW

[8~{} Uncle Bomb Monster

What I meant to post was: I know a guy the served in Afghanistan and he gave
me the formula they used to blow the hinges off the metal security doors. It
has special sauce in it...

--
Tekkie

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 22 Dec 2015 17:47:47 -0500, Tekkie®
wrote:

What I meant to post was: I know a guy the served in Afghanistan and he gave
me the formula they used to blow the hinges off the metal security doors. It
has special sauce in it...

Bring in the Delta Force. When the Atlanta prison riots happened, the
president approved and sent them in. Allowed ‘Posse Comitatus’.
Military doing civilian law enforcement. They had the tools to blow
**** up.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlanta_prison_riots
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/22/2015 04:43 PM, Tekkie® wrote:

[no sig delimiter, not deleted]

This message has been cleaned by [spam name deleted for safety] v2.17
[spam URL deleted for safety]

The message was dirty, so cleaning was needed :-)

--
2 days until the winter celebration (Friday December 25, 2015 12:00:00
AM for 1 day).

"[O]ld beliefs die hard even when demonstrably false." Edward O. Wilson,
Consilience: The Unity of Knowledge, (First edition, New York: Alfred A.
Knopf, 1998), p. 256.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/22/2015 04:47 PM, Tekkie® wrote:

[snip]

This message has been cleaned by spam name v2.17
spam URL

I'd never use anything that inserts spam into my messages.

[snip]

--
2 days until the winter celebration (Friday December 25, 2015 12:00:00
AM for 1 day).

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"An idea is an eye given by God for the seeing of God. Some of these
eyes we cannot bear to look out of, we blind them as quickly as
possible." [Russell Hoban, "Pilgermann"]