Posted to alt.home.repair
Eagle[_6_] Eagle[_6_] is offline

Default Tailand enters the space race

Uncle Monster pretended :
On Sunday, December 20, 2015 at 4:35:04 PM UTC-6, wrote:
On Sun, 20 Dec 2015 08:51:30 -0800 (PST), Uncle Monster
wrote:

On Sunday, December 20, 2015 at 10:31:46 AM UTC-6, Eagle wrote:
Uncle Monster brought next idea :
On Sunday, December 20, 2015 at 7:09:06 AM UTC-6, wrote:
On Sun, 20 Dec 2015 04:26:39 -0800 (PST), Uncle Monster
wrote:

On Saturday, December 19, 2015 at 5:03:18 PM UTC-6,
wrote:
On Sat, 19 Dec 2015 14:57:03 -0700, Tony Hwang
wrote:

Eagle wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/embed/pD_yQZ4iNjY?rel=0

In high school I played with something like that.
Broke whole bunch of window panes. I was not punished.
Principal was forgiving.

We dabbled with all sorts of home made rockets in the early 60s. I am
surprised we survived with all limbs intact.
We had some zinc dust (for sulfur and zinc dust fuel) but it was hard
to come by. Our go to fuel was potassium nitrate and sugar. The trick
was making nozzles but a crossman cylinder was a ready made rocket
motor case (drill out the end to 1/4")
You could saw off the end and press it into an aluminum pipe from old
lawn furniture but they blew out, even if we epoxied them in (that
expansion rate thing).

When I was a kid we played with the rocket kits and factory made
cardboard tube rocket engines. Of course we also made bombs. (€¢?€¢)

[8~{} Uncle Rocket Monster

The KNO3 and sugar in a crossman cylinder was a pretty effective
engine with more power than the Estes motor. You could put one in a
Bering cigar tube and never see it again. We shot them out of a piece
of 1" pipe and they really went for a ride. We never really got the
spin we wanted for stability tho. You never knew where they were going
to go.

I've seen the CO2 cylinders used for all sorts of nefarious purposes,
even grenades. Those darn things can be dangerous when backed with
gunpowder and an igniter for a model rocket engine. I would use copper
tubing to make bombs by flattening and folding over one end. Then
flattening the other end but making a channel for a fuse or homemade
electric detonator. I used to make my own igniters with a fine wire
wrapped around a match head. A lantern battery would supply enough
current to heat the fine wire thus igniting the match head and whatever
else the match head was touching. I was a regular little terrorist.
?(€¢?€¢)?

[8~{} Uncle Bomb Monster

Making exposives isn't complicated. The easiest explosive you can make
is with furtilizer...Ammonium nitrate. Mix in some diesel fuel and you
have a very powerful exposive. This is what took down the Alfred P.
Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City.

Bombadier Eagle

My oldest brother was a Green Beret in Vietnam. He said one of the things
they did was to build fertilizer bombs. They built some big ones. ( ?'_')?

[8~{} Uncle Bomb Monster

'Drop a grenade in that and you got ya something !

I remember something about big mounds of chicken poop being very dangerous to
have around close to a village or camp. A small explosive charge can turn a
mound into quite a big bomb. Š™.˜‰

[8~{} Uncle Mound Monster

Just the ticket! A **** bomb! lol