Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Maytag dishwasher

My dishwasher for the first time today, could not eject water to the dishwasher. I was using the Pots and Pans mode, let it run its course, unbeknownst to me when I opened the door after its job, the first thing I noticed heat coming out, the detergent sprawled onto the pots on the bottom shelf, but no water at all. I looked at the connection which is under my kitchen sink thinking maybe I may see a backup of water or some flood, but it was dry as a whistle. I then tried the Normal wash mode and see no water. Any dishwasher repair expert here know what is the problem?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2015-12-18 12:56 PM, Frank wrote:
My dishwasher for the first time today, could not eject water to the dishwasher. I was using the Pots and Pans mode, let it run its course, unbeknownst to me when I opened the door after its job, the first thing I noticed heat coming out, the detergent sprawled onto the pots on the bottom shelf, but no water at all. I looked at the connection which is under my kitchen sink thinking maybe I may see a backup of water or some flood, but it was dry as a whistle. I then tried the Normal wash mode and see no water. Any dishwasher repair expert here know what is the problem?

I had something similar happen last winter, even though the house is
heated, the water line into the dishwasher froze up as it is against an
outside wall during a particularly cold spell. Couple days later it
worked just fine.

--
Froz...

Quando omni flunkus, moritati
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, December 18, 2015 at 11:57:04 AM UTC-6, Frank wrote:
My dishwasher for the first time today, could not eject water to the dishwasher. I was using the Pots and Pans mode, let it run its course, unbeknownst to me when I opened the door after its job, the first thing I noticed heat coming out, the detergent sprawled onto the pots on the bottom shelf, but no water at all. I looked at the connection which is under my kitchen sink thinking maybe I may see a backup of water or some flood, but it was dry as a whistle. I then tried the Normal wash mode and see no water. Any dishwasher repair expert here know what is the problem?

Solenoid valve not opening? Check the connections to it and the resistance of the coil. (BTW "dry as a bone"/"clean as a whistle")
Posted to alt.home.repair

Frank wrote:
My dishwasher for the first time today, could not eject water to the
dishwasher. I was using the Pots and Pans mode, let it run its
course, unbeknownst to me when I opened the door after its job, the
first thing I noticed heat coming out, the detergent sprawled onto
the pots on the bottom shelf, but no water at all. I looked at the
connection which is under my kitchen sink thinking maybe I may see a
backup of water or some flood, but it was dry as a whistle. I then
tried the Normal wash mode and see no water. Any dishwasher repair
expert here know what is the problem?

Most dishwashers have a float valve/switch to shut off the water when the
level is correct . If the float is stuck in the "full" position you won't
get any water .

--
Snag

Posted to alt.home.repair

As Snag says, the water level sensor float may be stuck in the "full" of water position. A few hard raps on the bottom of the dishwasher in the vicinity of the float might loosen it up. Just don't break the plastic cage around the float. Also look for pieces of food and/or debris that might be trapped around the float holding it up in the "full" position.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/18/2015 12:56 PM, Frank wrote:
My dishwasher for the first time today, could not eject water to the dishwasher. I was using the Pots and Pans mode, let it run its course, unbeknownst to me when I opened the door after its job, the first thing I noticed heat coming out, the detergent sprawled onto the pots on the bottom shelf, but no water at all. I looked at the connection which is under my kitchen sink thinking maybe I may see a backup of water or some flood, but it was dry as a whistle. I then tried the Normal wash mode and see no water. Any dishwasher repair expert here know what is the problem?

We know the problem, the water is not getting into the machine. What
you need is a solution.

1. Water valve not opening because the solenoid is bad. Check for
power at the valve.

2. Water valve is not getting power from the controller. Could be a
bad board or the overfill float is stuck.

You will find more information at:
www.repairclinic.com

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, December 18, 2015 at 4:57:57 PM UTC-5, wrote:
As Snag says, the water level sensor float may be stuck in the "full" of water position. A few hard raps on the bottom of the dishwasher in the vicinity of the float might loosen it up. Just don't break the plastic cage around the float. Also look for pieces of food and/or debris that might be trapped around the float holding it up in the "full" position.

As the OP I found out that Whirlpool has taken over for Maytag dishwashers and they in turn told me that there has been a recall on my unit, unbeknownst to me. They claim that the "Rinse Aid" compartment could cause a fire when I would put some rinse detergent in it, thus causing a short or something. They said they will send me a replacement inner door part in a couple of weeks. Has anyone heard of a problem like that?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, December 19, 2015 at 12:05:02 PM UTC-6, Frank wrote:

As the OP I found out that Whirlpool has taken over for Maytag dishwashers and they in turn told me that there has been a recall on my unit, unbeknownst to me. They claim that the "Rinse Aid" compartment could cause a fire when I would put some rinse detergent in it, thus causing a short or something. They said they will send me a replacement inner door part in a couple of weeks. Has anyone heard of a problem like that?

I had not heard this either, but my wife broke the "door" on ours' and I got one from eBay...turned out to be a re-design! Takes about a half-hour or so to replace.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, December 19, 2015 at 1:41:47 PM UTC-5, bob_villain wrote:
On Saturday, December 19, 2015 at 12:05:02 PM UTC-6, Frank wrote:

As the OP I found out that Whirlpool has taken over for Maytag dishwashers and they in turn told me that there has been a recall on my unit, unbeknownst to me. They claim that the "Rinse Aid" compartment could cause a fire when I would put some rinse detergent in it, thus causing a short or something. They said they will send me a replacement inner door part in a couple of weeks. Has anyone heard of a problem like that?

I had not heard this either, but my wife broke the "door" on ours' and I got one from eBay...turned out to be a re-design! Takes about a half-hour or so to replace.

because of the recall, i will be getting it for free and a technician will come to install it at no charge. I hope that is the cause of my problem or otherwise looks like a new dishwasher just in time for the holidays/
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, December 19, 2015 at 3:15:22 PM UTC-6, Frank wrote:
[...]

At least you can get the repairman's opinion? The solenoid release on the dispenser doesn't have anything to do with your problem...