Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_20_] Frank[_20_] is offline

Default Maytag dishwasher

On Saturday, December 19, 2015 at 1:41:47 PM UTC-5, bob_villain wrote:
On Saturday, December 19, 2015 at 12:05:02 PM UTC-6, Frank wrote:

As the OP I found out that Whirlpool has taken over for Maytag dishwashers and they in turn told me that there has been a recall on my unit, unbeknownst to me. They claim that the "Rinse Aid" compartment could cause a fire when I would put some rinse detergent in it, thus causing a short or something. They said they will send me a replacement inner door part in a couple of weeks. Has anyone heard of a problem like that?

I had not heard this either, but my wife broke the "door" on ours' and I got one from eBay...turned out to be a re-design! Takes about a half-hour or so to replace.

because of the recall, i will be getting it for free and a technician will come to install it at no charge. I hope that is the cause of my problem or otherwise looks like a new dishwasher just in time for the holidays/