Posted to alt.home.repair
bob_villain bob_villain is offline

Default Maytag dishwasher

On Friday, December 18, 2015 at 11:57:04 AM UTC-6, Frank wrote:
My dishwasher for the first time today, could not eject water to the dishwasher. I was using the Pots and Pans mode, let it run its course, unbeknownst to me when I opened the door after its job, the first thing I noticed heat coming out, the detergent sprawled onto the pots on the bottom shelf, but no water at all. I looked at the connection which is under my kitchen sink thinking maybe I may see a backup of water or some flood, but it was dry as a whistle. I then tried the Normal wash mode and see no water. Any dishwasher repair expert here know what is the problem?

Solenoid valve not opening? Check the connections to it and the resistance of the coil. (BTW "dry as a bone"/"clean as a whistle")