Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Smoke detector for Christmas

Stormin Mormon has brought this to us :
On 12/13/2015 9:33 AM, Eagle wrote:
Stormin Mormon submitted this idea :
Your health that bad Stormy?
I'll be gone before the decade as well. I'm invited to the bonfire...

Ideally, I'll be a successful AC repair guy
some where other than NYS. My expected life
span is more than ten years from now. I hope!

Thats great...if I hit 77 I'll be happy.

I have every confidence in you. Now, just
give up all your bad habits and lose ten
pounds.

lol Wha...give up My ice-cream and oatmeal raisen and walnut cookies?
What's left in life without ice-cream???? )
Posted to alt.home.repair

Eagle wrote:
Stormin Mormon has brought this to us :
On 12/13/2015 9:33 AM, Eagle wrote:
Stormin Mormon submitted this idea :
Your health that bad Stormy?
I'll be gone before the decade as well. I'm invited to the bonfire...

Ideally, I'll be a successful AC repair guy
some where other than NYS. My expected life
span is more than ten years from now. I hope!

Thats great...if I hit 77 I'll be happy.

I have every confidence in you. Now, just
give up all your bad habits and lose ten
pounds.

lol Wha...give up My ice-cream and oatmeal raisen and walnut cookies?
What's left in life without ice-cream???? )

Ice cream? Bad stuff sugar and dairy our health.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Tony Hwang used his keyboard to write :
Eagle wrote:
Stormin Mormon has brought this to us :
On 12/13/2015 9:33 AM, Eagle wrote:
Stormin Mormon submitted this idea :
Your health that bad Stormy?
I'll be gone before the decade as well. I'm invited to the bonfire...

Ideally, I'll be a successful AC repair guy
some where other than NYS. My expected life
span is more than ten years from now. I hope!

Thats great...if I hit 77 I'll be happy.

I have every confidence in you. Now, just
give up all your bad habits and lose ten
pounds.

lol Wha...give up My ice-cream and oatmeal raisen and walnut cookies?
What's left in life without ice-cream???? )

Ice cream? Bad stuff sugar and dairy our health.

The eye bone is connected to the mouth bone,
The mouth bone is connected to the tounge bone,
The tounge bone is connected to the tonsil bone,
The tonsil bone is connected to the stomach bone,
The stomach bone is connected to the butt bone,
and the lord says "that is good"... ^^
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/13/2015 10:55 AM, notbob wrote:
Yes. I've seen AC powered (plug into wall socket) smoke detectors.
The horn will blow you right outta yer bed. Sears usta sell 'em. Not
a battery to be found.

nb

I wonder if that's a good idea, to have AC power
smoke detectors. We do power cuts now and again.

OTOH, less often than forgetting to test the unit
every month, and change battery twice a year.

Can't hardly win.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, December 14, 2015 at 8:10:58 AM UTC-5, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 12/13/2015 10:55 AM, notbob wrote:
Yes. I've seen AC powered (plug into wall socket) smoke detectors.
The horn will blow you right outta yer bed. Sears usta sell 'em. Not
a battery to be found.

nb

I wonder if that's a good idea, to have AC power
smoke detectors. We do power cuts now and again.

OTOH, less often than forgetting to test the unit
every month, and change battery twice a year.

Can't hardly win.

That's why they sell AC units with battery back-up.

That's why they sell units a 10 year lithium battery. Sure, they should
still be tested, but you don't have to change the battery. Who changes
the battery twice a year, anyway?

Most modern detectors will warn you when the battery is dying - but
not yet dead. Most modern detectors make it very hard to remount the
unit if you take the batteries out.

For what the units provide, I think they have made them pretty easy to
maintain.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 14 Dec 2015 13:25:24 -0800 (PST), DerbyDad03
wrote:

[...]

A few years ago I replaced all my detectors. Bought the unit where
there is no need to remove it from the ceiling for a battery change.
They have an access (door) to replace the battery. Some are
inter-connected to AC power and some are not.

Why do batteries die at 2:00 AM and start chirping ?
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

At the house, I had a battery go bad in a UPS at 3:00am. The low battery alarm is louder for the UPS than it is for a smoke detector. à°*_à°*

[8~{} Uncle Beeping Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Murphy's law at work, LOL!
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

At home, there are at least a dozen UPS units spread between 4 computers in two offices, network and entertainment gear. When the power fails, the UPS alarms sound like a flock of birds trapped in the house. Š™.˜‰

[8~{} Uncle Alarmed Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/14/2015 8:14 PM, Oren wrote:
A few years ago I replaced all my detectors. Bought the unit where
there is no need to remove it from the ceiling for a battery change.
They have an access (door) to replace the battery. Some are
inter-connected to AC power and some are not.

Why do batteries die at 2:00 AM and start chirping ?

Programmed and coded by people in a
different time zone.

--
..
Christopher A. Young

Posted to alt.home.repair

Oren writes:

A few years ago I replaced all my detectors. Bought the unit where
there is no need to remove it from the ceiling for a battery change.
They have an access (door) to replace the battery. Some are
inter-connected to AC power and some are not.

Why do batteries die at 2:00 AM and start chirping ?

Scientifically? DAGS "Confirmation Bias"
Posted to alt.home.repair

Oren posted for all of us...

A few years ago I replaced all my detectors. Bought the unit where
there is no need to remove it from the ceiling for a battery change.
They have an access (door) to replace the battery. Some are
inter-connected to AC power and some are not.

Why do batteries die at 2:00 AM and start chirping ?

IDK I always surmised because the house got cooler and the battery voltage
dropped, this makes as much sense as less dense air or EMF formations. As a
Fire chief it was always attached to the dispatch of a story of it's been
beeping for X hours and we thought you should check it out. Also an item to
note when arriving at scene, carried batteries.

Everybody back to the barn...

--
Tekkie

How old is too old for a smoke detector ? [email protected] Home Repair 95 January 25th 15 02:19 PM
Smoke Detector Camdor UK diy 8 May 18th 10 03:36 PM
Smoke Detector ? nr Home Repair 4 December 4th 07 12:48 AM
smoke detector No Name Home Repair 6 August 13th 07 12:46 AM
Smoke detector and CO detector installed next to each other? [email protected] Home Repair 2 October 16th 05 02:46 AM