Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Meeting on Millcreek Road, Stoney Batter Intersection

Joe,

I won't be at meeting but I am concerned.

Living off Millcreek Road, I drive through the intersection, usually
more than once a day, and have worried that those crashing the stop sign
coming down Stoney Batter Road or those turning left onto Stoney Batter
from Millcreek will fail to yield and hit me.

The latter happened in 2003 and my Subaru was totaled by a PT Cruiser
that failed to yield. The other driver was ticketed although she blamed
me and we both went to the hospital. I was OK but shaken up and worried
about bruising as I am on blood thinner. I was OK but she stayed in the
hospital.

I think the intersection needs fixing but am concerned that if the yield
is removed and those coming from my part of Millcreek must stop that it
will be a pain during rush hour.

For the time being, I would like to see better policing at the
intersection. A spotter at the intersection reporting by radio to
police the license numbers of those crashing the stop sign (almost half
do) to flag the offenders into the ball field parking lot to ticket them
should cut the accident frequency down when word gets out.

When Steve Wood lived here, I believe they got speed traps set up in
front of Heather Valley. I've seen cars driving 50 mph in the 25 mph zone.

Thanks for your time and the good job you are doing.

Regards,

Frank Logullo
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default sent incorrectly - ignore

Was intended only for my state rep about meeting concerning intersection
I drive that they want to fix.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 6 Dec 2015 14:14:00 -0500, Frank "frank wrote:

[...]

Frank,

Was this intended to be an E-mail and you hit the wrong button?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/6/2015 2:24 PM, Oren wrote:
[...]

Yes, I sent it while in the ng section of Thunderbird and it went out to
the group as well as my state rep.

When I looked into my email sent file, it was not there but it was in
sent local folders and I realized my mistake.

I resent it to Joe as it did not have my full Comcast address.

Call me, Uncle Embarrassed (Ì¿–€Ì¿€‰Ì¿Ä¹Ì¯Ì¿Ì¿–€Ì¿ Ì¿)
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/6/2015 2:14 PM, Frank wrote:
[...]

I've seen the other follow up posts, this one
slipped out from the wrong adress. That said,
you sound like a concerned and safety minded
citizen. I sure wish there were more good people
such as your self. You have my respect.

--
..
Christopher A. Young

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Roofing nails on strips

On 12/6/2015 2:24 PM, Frank wrote:
Was intended only for my state rep about meeting concerning intersection
I drive that they want to fix.

You may wish to send this notice under the same
subject line as the mistaken post.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Nominal two by sixes

On 12/6/2015 2:24 PM, Frank wrote:
Was intended only for my state rep about meeting concerning intersection
I drive that they want to fix.

Which thread was that?

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 6 Dec 2015 21:59:38 -0500, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

On 12/6/2015 2:24 PM, Frank wrote:
Was intended only for my state rep about meeting concerning intersection
I drive that they want to fix.

Which thread was that?

Apparently not this one. Are you getting a little more senile as time
passes? There's probably a pill for... what did you say?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 6 Dec 2015 21:59:02 -0500, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

On 12/6/2015 2:24 PM, Frank wrote:
Was intended only for my state rep about meeting concerning intersection
I drive that they want to fix.

You may wish to send this notice under the same
subject line as the mistaken post.

What do you know about nailin' strippers?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/6/2015 9:51 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
[...]

I still remember the trauma of the accident. They have been thinking
about changing this intersection for years. Joe is a good man and will
get my comments included in the study.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 12/6/2015 2:24 PM, Frank wrote:
Was intended only for my state rep about meeting concerning intersection
I drive that they want to fix.

Which thread was that?

Apparently not this one. Are you getting a little more senile as time
passes? There's probably a pill for... what did you say?

I'm not senile. I can remember 1916 just like
yesterday. Wasn't that the year when Myrtle got
her bloomers in a twist cause Roosvelt wasn't
fighting the Japanese enough?

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 12/6/2015 2:24 PM, Frank wrote:
Was intended only for my state rep about meeting concerning intersection
I drive that they want to fix.

You may wish to send this notice under the same
subject line as the mistaken post.

What do you know about nailin' strippers?

Takes a heck of a lot of air power to blow them
babies. At least 7 SCFM. And tanks! Lets talk about
huge tanks on them babies.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

[This followup was posted to alt.home.repair and a copy was sent to the
cited author.]

ank posted for all of us...

[...]

Hello Mr. Logullo, I am Stoney Splatter Police Chief Nailem relying to your
concerns.

I have checked into the accident records of the intersection you mentioned.

The stop signs you indicate that are in place must have been installed prior
to my tenure as a warrant for them is not satisfied. What would you like
done to improve this intersection? More signs, a blinking light or a state
of the art traffic control system including preemption, walkways and man-
hands? Reply with your decision as you are required to pay 75% of the cost.
Other improvements made on the roadway may help offset the cost. We do not
have the money in the budget at this time to accomplish this.

We are happy we were able to handle your crash in a manner suitable to you.
We welcome these side jobs as it can be quite busy at times from: rolling up
the sidewalks, burglaries, alarms, domestic disputes, aided cases,
jaywalking, bad checks, credit card and INTERNET fraud, arson, moon shining,
bar fights, drug usage, stolen livestock or vehicles and traffic violators.

I will have an officer monitor this intersection for violators and no
officer discretion will be allowed.
--
Chief Howie Nailem SSPD

stoney cove geoff UK diy 13 October 28th 12 08:57 PM
Way [OT] Intersection Passtime? Winston Metalworking 31 September 15th 12 02:01 AM
Batter Float Charger RoyJ Metalworking 13 February 3rd 09 07:22 PM
Meeting DaveB Metalworking 2 January 9th 05 08:18 AM
uk.d-i-y - November 4th Meeting PoP UK diy 11 November 5th 03 12:16 AM