Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default stoney cove

Completing our open water PADI this weekend ( LE9 4DW)

anyone live anywhere near for a possible meet this saturday?

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

geoff wrote:
Completing our open water PADI this weekend ( LE9 4DW)

anyone live anywhere near for a possible meet this saturday?

Brrrrrr!! That takes me back. What a fecking horrible place to dive.
Water temperature seemed to hang around 4C all year round. Like having
icicles hammered into your forehead.

Tim
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Baz Baz is offline

"geoff" wrote in message

Completing our open water PADI this weekend ( LE9 4DW)

anyone live anywhere near for a possible meet this saturday?

--
geoff

Good Luck.
I did my Open Water in Winter. Christmas Eve to be precise.
But we where in the Red Sea.
And I was a bit chilly then!
Baz

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 25/10/2012 23:19, Tim+ wrote:

Brrrrrr!! That takes me back. What a fecking horrible place to dive.
Water temperature seemed to hang around 4C all year round. Like having
icicles hammered into your forehead.

Brrrrrr indeed.
Especially in a Beaver Semi-Dry

Nice pike though.

--
http://www.GymRatZ.co.uk - Fitness+Gym Equipment.
http://www.bodysolid-gym-equipment.co.uk
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
www.GymRatZ.co.uk wrote:

Nice pike though.

One of stoneys finest:

http://unicorn.drogon.net/pike.jpg

Gordon

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/10/2012 12:50, Gordon Henderson wrote:

Nice pike though.

One of stoneys finest:

http://unicorn.drogon.net/pike.jpg

Nice pic. Gordon.

OK so how many folks also had 2nd stage free-flow (at depth) there?
8¬O

holds hand up

--
http://www.GymRatZ.co.uk - Fitness+Gym Equipment.
http://www.bodysolid-gym-equipment.co.uk
http://www.trade-price-supplements.co.uk
http://www.water-rower.co.uk
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 25/10/2012 23:10, geoff wrote:

Completing our open water PADI this weekend ( LE9 4DW)

anyone live anywhere near for a possible meet this saturday?

Be cold enough on top, never mind going under. Though come to that it
may be warmer underneath this weekend!

But HTF did they get a Viscount down there?

Andy
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2012-10-25, Tim+ wrote:
geoff wrote:
Completing our open water PADI this weekend ( LE9 4DW)

anyone live anywhere near for a possible meet this saturday?

Brrrrrr!! That takes me back. What a fecking horrible place to dive.

It isn't *that* bad. I used to fill my wetsuit(*) with hot water from the
showers before getting in, and the cheeseburgers in the pub were nice.

Water temperature seemed to hang around 4C all year round.

Hah. St.Albans Subaqua Club used to do a New Years Day dive there. Slipping
on the ice while getting in/out was always a strong possibility.

The club I learnt with (Leicestershire Scout Sub Aqua Unit) had (*) a
tradition of putting a Christmas tree complete with lights and music in -
usually on the 7m shelf. That tended to involve industrial quantities of
cable ties, silicone sealant and car batteries so not that far off topic
really.

(*) Certainly back in the late 80's to mid 90's not sre if they still do it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Huge
writes
On 2012-10-27, Ferretygubbins wrote:

"Huge" wrote in message ...

Hah. St.Albans Subaqua Club used to do a New Years Day dive there. Slipping
on the ice while getting in/out was always a strong possibility.

The club I learnt with (Leicestershire Scout Sub Aqua Unit) had (*) a
tradition of putting a Christmas tree complete with lights and music in -
usually on the 7m shelf. That tended to involve industrial quantities of
cable ties, silicone sealant and car batteries so not that far off topic
really.

That's seriously kewl.

Taraaaa!

PADI open water qualified

I shall sleep well tonight

--
geoff

Cove Molding rich Woodworking 9 October 18th 09 07:48 PM
vinyl cove base carrieinmn Home Repair 1 June 5th 09 02:59 PM
Light cove MiamiCuse Home Repair 15 February 21st 08 03:27 AM
Cove and pin Joint TeamCasa Woodworking 7 January 23rd 04 04:00 PM
cove lighting Kaptain Kremin UK diy 1 November 12th 03 06:14 AM