Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Phone wiring polarity question

On a single home landline:

My landline phone quit working this weekend. I knew I'd not get repair
service until Monday. I opened the connection box outside and found a
broken wire. Then another one broke while I was working in there.
So I took off all the wires, restripped them all, and started over with
"fresh" wires.
The source wires are both black. and I had them off the main connection
box outside. I did not label them (probably should have).

How do you know which source wire should go to the red and which should
go to the green (on the house wires)?
I put these colored ones to the same screws that they were originally,
but I could have reversed the black (source) wires....

Or dont it matter?????

The phones do work, and so does my internet, so either I guessed right,
or it works either way !

Phone wiring question Steven Reynolds Home Repair 15 May 5th 08 06:12 AM
Phone wiring question Steven Reynolds Home Ownership 15 May 5th 08 06:12 AM
Home Phone Wiring Question Mr. R Home Repair 2 May 30th 04 07:38 PM
Phone Wiring Question B Home Repair 14 July 30th 03 04:35 PM
phone wiring question... gothika Electronics Repair 2 July 18th 03 11:16 AM