Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT - Micky's scooter

Wonder if Mickey actually does any work on the
scooter, or just posts to AHR?

Best wishes, hope you get it running, any time
soon. Sounds like fun.

When I was maybe 10 years old, the boy down the
street, his older brother had a motor bike. I was
jealous to the max. Well, still am. Even though
I'm old enough to buy my own motor bike if I want.

I hope your motor bike works out better than mine.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

Stormin Mormon wrote:
Wonder if Mickey actually does any work on the
scooter, or just posts to AHR?

Best wishes, hope you get it running, any time
soon. Sounds like fun.

When I was maybe 10 years old, the boy down the
street, his older brother had a motor bike. I was
jealous to the max. Well, still am. Even though
I'm old enough to buy my own motor bike if I want.

I hope your motor bike works out better than mine.

My motor bike riding day was over when I got married together
with sky diving. Two promises I have to keep as wedding vow
among other things. IMO, there are things you can't do when
married, LOL!
Posted to alt.home.repair

Tony Hwang wrote:
Stormin Mormon wrote:
Wonder if Mickey actually does any work on the
scooter, or just posts to AHR?

Best wishes, hope you get it running, any time
soon. Sounds like fun.

When I was maybe 10 years old, the boy down the
street, his older brother had a motor bike. I was
jealous to the max. Well, still am. Even though
I'm old enough to buy my own motor bike if I want.

I hope your motor bike works out better than mine.

My motor bike riding day was over when I got married together
with sky diving. Two promises I have to keep as wedding vow
among other things. IMO, there are things you can't do when
married, LOL!

The day I got married I had exactly one vehicle , and it only had 2 wheels
.. She knew what she was getting , because I told her everything on the 2nd
date . I did stop riding while we were raising children , but that was more
economics than anything else .
I considered trying skydiving , and she was OK with it , but I just never
got a rount tuit .
--
Snag

Posted to alt.home.repair

Stormin Mormon wrote in news:Yn_5y.140318
:

Wonder if Mickey actually does any work on the
scooter, or just posts to AHR?

Best wishes, hope you get it running, any time
soon. Sounds like fun.

When I was maybe 10 years old, the boy down the
street, his older brother had a motor bike. I was
jealous to the max. Well, still am. Even though
I'm old enough to buy my own motor bike if I want.

I hope your motor bike works out better than mine.

First I had a Power Products motor. It was like a little sidecar
alongside the rear wheel. Didn't work very well. (this was in the early
50s.) Then I got a used Whizzer motor. Didn't everyone have a Whizzer?
Then I had a used motor scooter. Can't recall its name offhand. Not a
Cushman. Had an automatic clutch that was open to the air. When the motor
ran fast enough the shoes expanded and gripped a cylinder with a belt (or
something) to the rear wheel - like the old fashioned shoe brakes on a
car. Trouble was when it rained the cylinder got slippery and the scooter
didn't go. When it went it was quite fast - 60 or so.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Terry Coombs wrote:
The day I got married I had exactly one vehicle , and it only had 2
wheels . She knew what she was getting , because I told her
everything on the 2nd date . I did stop riding while we were raising
children , but that was more economics than anything else .
I considered trying skydiving , and she was OK with it , but I just
never got a rount tuit .
--

When I was in college, they started a skydiving club, and I suggested to my dad
I'd like to try it. He suggested I reconsider. But when I suggested the next

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 27 Nov 2015 08:39:06 -0700, Tony Hwang
wrote:

My motor bike riding day was over when I got married together
with sky diving. Two promises I have to keep as wedding vow
among other things. IMO, there are things you can't do when
married, LOL!

Mine was over in my early 20s. Flipped head over end, knocked out in
the busy street. Folks stopped and helped. Shook it off. Drove to my
place and traded the bike for a '64 Chevy, a fishin' rod and some
cash. I wasn't married.

P.S. Attractive blondes at a McDonald's _can_ really distract your
attention from driving :-\
Posted to alt.home.repair

Bob F wrote:
Terry Coombs wrote:
The day I got married I had exactly one vehicle , and it only had 2
wheels . She knew what she was getting , because I told her
everything on the 2nd date . I did stop riding while we were raising
children , but that was more economics than anything else .
I considered trying skydiving , and she was OK with it , but I just
never got a rount tuit .
--

When I was in college, they started a skydiving club, and I suggested
to my dad I'd like to try it. He suggested I reconsider. But when I
suggested the next summer getting a motorcycle, he was OK with that.
Think the first helped the second?

Hard to say . When I was 17 Dad bought a Suzuku 150 road bike for us kids
.. My brothers got to ride it once in a while ... My first ride was a bicycle
frame with a lawn mower motor and a cobbled up jackshaft drive .

--
Snag

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/27/2015 09:51 AM, Terry Coombs wrote:
The day I got married I had exactly one vehicle , and it only had 2 wheels
. She knew what she was getting , because I told her everything on the 2nd
date . I did stop riding while we were raising children , but that was more
economics than anything else .

When I was in boot camp by to-be wife sent a letter and enclosed a photo
of her sitting on my Harley. Since the DI checked for contraband in
anything that wasn't just a letter, I took some crap over that. He let
me keep the photo though.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 27 Nov 2015 18:19:03 GMT, KenK wrote:

[...]

My first scooter was a 1959 NSU Prima 250 - 2 stroke. It was
basically a big german Vespa. 3 speed twist shift.

With 250 ccs of 2 stroke it moved along pretty good.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

My motor bike riding day was over when I got married together
with sky diving. Two promises I have to keep as wedding vow
among other things. IMO, there are things you can't do when
married, LOL!

Mine was over in my early 20s. Flipped head over end, knocked out in
the busy street. Folks stopped and helped. Shook it off. Drove to my
place and traded the bike for a '64 Chevy, a fishin' rod and some
cash. I wasn't married.

P.S. Attractive blondes at a McDonald's _can_ really distract your
attention from driving :-\

A friend and I owned a Yamaha rd 360? years ago. On his first ride he
turned his head to look at a young lady and hit a parked car.

"you and your skin-coloured, skin-tight Capri pants!!!!!"

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/27/2015 10:39 AM, Tony Hwang wrote:
My motor bike riding day was over when I got married together
with sky diving. Two promises I have to keep as wedding vow
among other things. IMO, there are things you can't do when
married, LOL!

You married your sky diving instructor? You're
married together with your sky diving.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, November 27, 2015 at 9:10:53 AM UTC-6, Stormin Mormon wrote:
Wonder if Mickey actually does any work on the
scooter, or just posts to AHR?

Best wishes, hope you get it running, any time
soon. Sounds like fun.

When I was maybe 10 years old, the boy down the
street, his older brother had a motor bike. I was
jealous to the max. Well, still am. Even though
I'm old enough to buy my own motor bike if I want.

I hope your motor bike works out better than mine.
--
.

When I was a kid still living in town, another kid a few blocks away had a blue Cushman Eagle. He was an only child being raised by his divorced mother and I guess his father must have bought the scooter for him. He was the coolest kid around, a 10 year old Fonzy who putt putted around the neighborhood on his one cylinder super bike. Then, a kid from the family of a wealthy businessman got a shinny new white Honda 90 step through scooter but it didn't make that wonderful thumping sound of the Cushman Eagle so it wasn't as cool. Sort of like the difference between the sound of a Honda and a Harley. (€¢€¿€¢)

http://www.hobbytech.com/Homepage~pix/MVC-576S.JPG

http://www.hobbytech.com/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUzPqyHpFP4

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_Super_Cub

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWLOC2A8QUk

[8~{} Uncle Scooter Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

potato potato potato potato potato ... Gawd , I can't wait to get the '39
flattie running . Dad always said you could count the revs ... potato potato
potato ...

--
Snag

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 27 Nov 2015 14:09:33 -0800 (PST), Uncle Monster
wrote:

http://www.hobbytech.com/Homepage~pix/MVC-576S.JPG

One of my brothers had one. I loved riding with him. One day a lady
back out of a driveway, not seeing him coming ~60 MPH. He smack into
the back of her Cadillac. He spent many months (6+) in bed after
surgery from a crushed leg.

Look at prices for a restored Cushman Eagle today.

I remember the old three wheeled mail carts had cushman motors. Really
good engines and very reliable. Called a Mailster.

http://www.adpost.com/classifieds/upload/us/vehicles/us_vehicles.992438.1.jpg

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

http://www.hobbytech.com/Homepage~pix/MVC-576S.JPG

One of my brothers had one. I loved riding with him. One day a lady
back out of a driveway, not seeing him coming ~60 MPH. He smack into
the back of her Cadillac. He spent many months (6+) in bed after
surgery from a crushed leg.

Look at prices for a restored Cushman Eagle today.

I remember the old three wheeled mail carts had cushman motors. Really
good engines and very reliable. Called a Mailster.
http://www.adpost.com/classifieds/upload/us/vehicles/us_vehicles.992438.1.jpg

Not just for the Postal Service but Cushman did build some vehicles for the Army. ^_^

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cushman_(company)

[8~{} Uncle Scooter Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 27 Nov 2015 11:12:42 -0800, "Bob F"
wrote:

Terry Coombs wrote:
The day I got married I had exactly one vehicle , and it only had 2
wheels . She knew what she was getting , because I told her
everything on the 2nd date . I did stop riding while we were raising
children , but that was more economics than anything else .
I considered trying skydiving , and she was OK with it , but I just
never got a rount tuit .
--

When I was in college, they started a skydiving club, and I suggested to my dad
I'd like to try it. He suggested I reconsider. But when I suggested the next
summer getting a motorcycle, he was OK with that. Think the first helped the
second?

Probably. When I dropped out of school for a while, even though I
had a job, my mother kept sending me expense money. I should have
just kept it but I wanted to feel "independent" I guess. I told her
I was putting the money in my motorcycle fund and it stopped
immediately.

Later, I went to Costa Rica, because I couldn't afford to go to Europe
like some folks I knew. I told my mother I took busses, but except
for the first 40 miles in Mexico, I hitchhiked. Didn't tell her the
truth until she was 80, and by that time she didn't seem to care much.
(surprising because she still had plenty of energy to be angry about
other things.)

I parked my car at a long term garage in San Antonio. It happened to
be Saturdayday when I got there and Sunday when I looked for a parking
place. I just called numbers from the phone book (remember those?)
and I didn't realize I'd be calling anyone at home, but that's where
the phone rang when no one was at work.

But he was so nice. He and his wife met me at the garage (on the east
side of town just inside the San Antonio "beltway") and then
volunteered to drive me to the southwest side of town, to the road to
Laredo, on the border. Actually he dropped me off on the old road,
the non-xway, saying, "I'm not sure this is the right road". Was he
right. I had to hitch back to the beltway, over one exit to the xway
and then I was on the right road.

He also said, "You can hitchhike here, but don't do it in Mexico.
I'ts dangerous."

When I got to Mexico, people told me, "You can hitchhike here, but
don't hitchhike in southern Mexico. It's dangerous."

And in southern Mexico, people told me, "You can hitchhike here, but
don't hitchhike in Guatemala. It's dangerous."

(No one said even part of that after that.)

I kid you not.

Micky Tony Hwang Home Repair 15 May 23rd 15 01:14 AM
[OT] Poll - Is Micky wrong about calling G. Morgan's signature silly? G. Morgan[_10_] Home Repair 11 December 30th 13 02:59 PM
motorcycles, foot scooter, sea scooter Elizazhan Woodworking 0 April 21st 08 01:52 AM
Scooter transmission oil is SE = EP mrcheerful UK diy 0 March 29th 06 09:08 PM
Micky Mouse pen Margret Huntress Woodturning 5 December 5th 05 04:06 AM