Posted to alt.home.repair

Default motorscooter starts but will not run

On Mon, 30 Nov 2015 12:18:01 -0600, Muggles
wrote:

Not sure why, but the story text is greyed out for me. I can't read it.

Which browser are you using? In IE, you can set default colors for web
pages, that you prefer. It overrides the HTML colors embedded in web
pages.

YMMV
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Not sure why, but the story text is greyed out for me. I can't read it.

Which browser are you using? In IE, you can set default colors for web
pages, that you prefer. It overrides the HTML colors embedded in web
pages.

YMMV

Firefox is my default. I try to mouse over the text to see if the that
was the problem and it just showed -------- --- ---- ---- in place of
letters. I'm guessing it's a subscription story, maybe?

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 30 Nov 2015 12:18:01 -0600, Muggles
wrote:

On 11/29/2015 9:39 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 11/29/2015 12:58 PM, Muggles wrote:
I kept covering my eyes and mumbling "WE'RE gona
DIE!!!" The friends who took me on the ride thought I was pretty funny,
but at the time I didn't think it was funny at all.

Blue Mountain is a popular recreation area on the south side of town.
There's a road to the top where the U has a little observatory and the
FS has a fire tower. It really isn't that bad a road compared to a lot
others around here, but someone manages to kill themselves every couple
of years.

http://missoulian.com/news/local/kil...d03340582.html

http://tinyurl.com/ot3owf6

Not sure why, but the story text is greyed out for me. I can't read it.

Works for me, latest version of FF.

Yesterday I was hiking on one of my favorite loops and I decided to take
a little detour to look for a roadside attraction. Either I was on the
wrong slope or they finally extracted it but there has been a Subaru
Forester about 50' down from the road on a slope that required
scrambling to get up. The car was perfectly vertical, standing on its
nose propped up against the big ponderosa pine that stopped it from
going any further. There was still some junk in it including a baby
carrier. I don't recall reading about a fatality but it must have been
one hell of a ride when they missed the corner.

I've got to admit that on the bike there are places where I hug the
uphill side of the road, turn on my tunnel vision, and try not to think
what's on the other side of the narrow, rocky road. Bouncing over big
rocks on a dirt bike, you don't always go quite where you intended and I
prefer to be as far from the edge as possible.

Here are 2 pics of the trip up the mountain:
This one is at the bottom looking up at the destination. You can see
the plateau dune up a ways. The road veers off and hits some narrow
stretches on the edge of the mountain before we can actually reach the
plateau.
http://i67.tinypic.com/vfyw7p.jpg

This is a shot looking down from the dune. We can see the dry lake bed

Is the lake always dry or is this because of hte drought. Where is
this anyhow?

and the chemical plant there that processes the underground water for
the minerals there.
http://i68.tinypic.com/kbbwvq.jpg

Very nice.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Not sure why, but the story text is greyed out for me. I can't read it.

Which browser are you using? In IE, you can set default colors for web
pages, that you prefer. It overrides the HTML colors embedded in web
pages.

YMMV

Firefox is my default. I try to mouse over the text to see if the that
was the problem and it just showed -------- --- ---- ---- in place of
letters. I'm guessing it's a subscription story, maybe?

I certainly don't subscribe to the Missoulian. I don't even know
where Missouli is.

Worked again, this time I went through the tinypic.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/30/2015 1:29 PM, Micky wrote:
On Mon, 30 Nov 2015 12:18:01 -0600, Muggles

Here are 2 pics of the trip up the mountain:
This one is at the bottom looking up at the destination. You can see
the plateau dune up a ways. The road veers off and hits some narrow
stretches on the edge of the mountain before we can actually reach the
plateau.
http://i67.tinypic.com/vfyw7p.jpg

This is a shot looking down from the dune. We can see the dry lake bed

Is the lake always dry or is this because of hte drought. Where is
this anyhow?

It's on the outskirts of Trona, Ca. As far as I know, when I visited
there the locals told me the lake was like that all the time. It still
has water in it under the surface area that's dry.

and the chemical plant there that processes the underground water for
the minerals there.
http://i68.tinypic.com/kbbwvq.jpg

Very nice.

Up til I visited there, I'd never seen anything even close to that kind
of a view before.
--
Maggie

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/30/2015 11:49 AM, Muggles wrote:
Firefox is my default. I try to mouse over the text to see if the that
was the problem and it just showed -------- --- ---- ---- in place of
letters. I'm guessing it's a subscription story, maybe?

No, the Missoulian hasn't figured out how to do a paywall yet. Try

http://www.nbcmontana.com/news/misso...ident/33499984
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/30/2015 12:33 PM, Micky wrote:
I certainly don't subscribe to the Missoulian. I don't even know
where Missouli is.

And we like to keep it that way Particularly we hope nobody in DC can
even find Montana on a map. Unless they want to come to Yellowstone and
feed the grizzlies, that is.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 30 Nov 2015 20:08:51 -0700, rbowman
wrote:

On 11/30/2015 12:33 PM, Micky wrote:
I certainly don't subscribe to the Missoulian. I don't even know
where Missouli is.

And we like to keep it that way Particularly we hope nobody in DC can
even find Montana on a map. Unless they want to come to Yellowstone and
feed the grizzlies, that is.

Well, I know where Missoula Montana is. I just don't know where
Missouli is.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/30/2015 9:06 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 11/30/2015 11:49 AM, Muggles wrote:
Firefox is my default. I try to mouse over the text to see if the that
was the problem and it just showed -------- --- ---- ---- in place of
letters. I'm guessing it's a subscription story, maybe?

No, the Missoulian hasn't figured out how to do a paywall yet. Try

http://www.nbcmontana.com/news/misso...ident/33499984

aww ... I could read the story just fine from this link. Weird...

Thanks!

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/30/2015 09:39 PM, Micky wrote:
Well, I know where Missoula Montana is. I just don't know where
Missouli is.

That makes two of us, but I sure know where Zootown is.