Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Dummy Award of the Month

We picked up one of these battery powered LED strobe lights they were
selling for Halloween. They were selling at the dollar store for $5
before Halloween and now were marked down to $2.

Basically they are just a bright LED flashlight that has variable speed
flashing, and has adjustible speed by turning a knob.
It came with the batteries included, which requires removing a tiny
screw to get to the batteries.

While trying to determine what size batteries it uses by reading the
box, I found most of the writing on the box is a disclaimer which
consists of a lengthy paragraph. To summarize it, it says "Complies with
FCC rules and is designed to not cause tv or radio interference. Then it
goes on to say that if it does cause interference, "relocate it".

**** [Now for the DUMMY PART] ****

If it still interferes, "Connect it to an outlet on a circuit different
from that to which the receiver is connected"......

WTF ?????
It's BATTERY OPERATED!
How can I plug it into a different outlet???

---

Yes, it's made in China. They probably dont even know what FCC means,
and apparently dont know the difference between a battery and an outlet!

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
[...]

Just the standard warning that comes on many things. I have seen all kind
of funny things like this on other items.

Posted to alt.home.repair

writes:

[...]

Feels so good to make fun of those Chinese doesn't it?

Most likely, they're trying to tell you to move the device showing
interference to a different circuit.

My pool ladder came with a warning to change it or some part of it every
year. Still trying to figure that one out.

--
Dan Espen
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 10 Nov 2015 14:32:39 -0500, Dan Espen
wrote:

writes:

[...]

You're probably supposed to change the pool ladder's batteries or move
the cord to a different outlet every year, to prevent underwater tv and
radio interference.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2015-11-10, Dan Espen wrote:
Feels so good to make fun of those Chinese doesn't it?

Yes, the Chinamen's feeble attempts at using the King's English are a laugh
riot! There's even a web site that memorializes the hilarity:

http://www.engrish.com

Silly foreigners! No tickee no washee!!

NSA sedition and treason -- http://www.DeathToNSAthugs.com

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

writes:

[...]

No, they're saying to move the ladder to a different swimming pool
every year. Best do this when no one in pool.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 10 Nov 2015 20:59:20 -0000 (UTC), Roger Blake

On 2015-11-10, Dan Espen wrote:
Feels so good to make fun of those Chinese doesn't it?

Yes, the Chinamen's feeble attempts at using the King's English are a laugh
riot! There's even a web site that memorializes the hilarity:

http://www.engrish.com

Silly foreigners! No tickee no washee!!

I came across this line in a Chinese motorscooter manual:

Check if almuce of connector is covered and fixation is tight (picture
of electrical connector).
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/10/2015 08:25 PM, Micky wrote:

[snip]

Check if almuce of connector is covered and fixation is tight (picture
of electrical connector).

"almuce" is a little piece of cellophane tape carrying some alien
writing that no human can read. It repels the Arcturan Licking Rat,
which has a fondness for motorscooters. These rats are so stupid that
they can't read something unless it's covered. The writing makes them
run away and lick themselves to death.

--
44 days until the winter celebration (Friday December 25, 2015 12:00:00
AM for 1 day).

"I am Billgatus of Borg. You will be assimiGENERAL PROTECTION FAULT."
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 11 Nov 2015 11:36:45 -0600, hah
wrote:

On 11/10/2015 08:25 PM, Micky wrote:

[snip]

Check if almuce of connector is covered and fixation is tight (picture
of electrical connector).

"almuce" is a little piece of cellophane tape carrying some alien
writing that no human can read. It repels the Arcturan Licking Rat,
which has a fondness for motorscooters. These rats are so stupid that
they can't read something unless it's covered. The writing makes them
run away and lick themselves to death.

That does fit. Now I understand the whole page.

I am a dummy Gramp's shop[_2_] Woodworking 14 August 24th 13 08:41 PM
US personal income (month-over-month) drops 3.6% Poor american Home Repair 3 March 2nd 13 04:24 AM
The Bottom Line 2008 Home Maintenance Month-by-Month Guide Ablang Home Ownership 0 January 5th 08 06:36 AM
dummy Phil Wendt Woodworking 3 October 19th 06 03:16 PM
so a dummy buys a ras... Adam Woodworking 99 June 21st 05 07:18 PM